Hi We are new here

:head scrathin' emoticon: Uh, nothing against Dylan, but didn't he just join this month? So, I am a bit curious as to why you would state that he has much wisdom when he has only recently started his visa process? Do you know something about Dylan that we don't?

Dylan, are you hiding out from us who you truly are and what who really know? :(

Plus, what the heck does Randy know except what everyone here has posted and when we posted it? mad.gif

And, who the heck is dknoblett?

Hello Dennis,

In my time on earth I have seen some old people do some very foolish things ... and I have seen some young people do some very wise things. Longevity and wisdom do not necessarily go hand in hand and the opinion I was expressing to jaybird is that I have found pearls of wisdom from those members I mentioned with my situation and was hoping he would experience the same.

I feel that wisdom comes in many forms ... if one is wise enough to recognize them.

dnoblett, please excuse my typo.

Have a terrific day,

Bob

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they sometimes don't look at much during the interview is that they need more time than the few minutes alloted to the interview to make a decision, so they request the additional evidence by blue slip so that they have more time to go over the evidence to make a better judgment than a snap decision during the interview.

The reason they sometimes don't look at much during the interview is that they need more time than the few minutes alloted to the interview to make a decision, so they request the additional evidence by blue slip so that they have more time to go over the evidence to make a better judgment than a snap decision during the interview.

That makes good, logical sense ... now there's a pearl of wisdom!

dnoblett, you da man!

What I'd like to know is are there any things that would be good to send with ones P3 package above and beyond what GUZ requests and besides those things listed in the "kitchen sink" that could circumvent the delays of a blue? I know this is a broad question and everyone's situation is slightly different but has anyone done such a thing and found it successful?

Have a terrific day everyone,

Bob

dnoblett, you da man!

What I'd like to know is are there any things that would be good to send with ones P3 package above and beyond what GUZ requests and besides those things listed in the "kitchen sink" that could circumvent the delays of a blue? I know this is a broad question and everyone's situation is slightly different but has anyone done such a thing and found it successful?

Bob

Nothing in the P-3 package, what some do is attach additional "Red-Flag" evidence and documentation to their I-130 or I-129F petition to USCIS, this has the affect of getting it in the petition package and is provided to the consular officer at the time they start working on the case, and the reasoning is "IF the Adjudicator at USCIS saw it and approved the petition, then the counselor cannot use this as a basis for denial."

PRACTICE TIP #1 - What the words generally unavailable to DHS at the time of petition approval should mean to skilled immigration practitioners, is that they should inform DHS in advance, at the time of filing the petition, of any potential red flags a consular officer might spot in the case. If DHS approves the petition anyway, a consulate is not supposed to deny a petition for that same reason.
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

dnoblett, you da man!

Bob

Nothing in the P-3 package, what some do is attach additional "Red-Flag" evidence and documentation to their I-130 or I-129F petition to USCIS, this has the affect of getting it in the petition package and is provided to the consular officer at the time they start working on the case, and the reasoning is "IF the Adjudicator at USCIS saw it and approved the petition, then the counselor cannot use this as a basis for denial."

PRACTICE TIP #1 - What the words generally unavailable to DHS at the time of petition approval should mean to skilled immigration practitioners, is that they should inform DHS in advance, at the time of filing the petition, of any potential red flags a consular officer might spot in the case. If DHS approves the petition anyway, a consulate is not supposed to deny a petition for that same reason.
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I wish I would have known about CFL and received this information from you back in January when we filled our I-129F petition. I would have included things at that point had I known about this. Thanks for your tip dnoblett, we'll keep the P3 to exactly what GUZ is asking for.

Have a good evening,

Bob

You can argue any way, but, the case is decided before you ever interview with the VO.

Too bad historical cases don't support this completely... You should study GUZ for three years before making any comment so unilaterally.

She had a previous petition to go to the US... This should be an easy one to read...

I don't see any comments about what the blue slip wants so it's hard to comment further...

There's no way in a 2 minute interview that the VO is able to make a decision at that point. The documents are reviewed, the interview is used as a tool to validate the authenticity and truthfulness of the documents, to the best extent possible. I have gotten to know, someone from GUZ. This has been very instrumental in my understanding of why some are approved and some are denied. But the interview itself is not nearly as important as the documents which pertain to the case. The interview can either work for you, or against you. For the most part, your case is judged based on what is submitted, prior to the interview.

DUH... 99% of the case is prior to the interview... that last 1% is the final gate... so it's not 1% of the entire case; it is the final gate of many gates one has passed; if you don't pass ANY gate, it's a problem; middle gate (reviewed by someone before VO) or final gate (reviewed by VO)...

Look ever 3-4 years of interviews and you'll understand more...

Does anyone know how long the process takes once I mail in the additional requested evidence? I am finishing everything this week I just have a few things left. I will then Ship it to Shuyan who will include the pink and blue slips as requested and send to GZ. So how long will we wait until there is an answer? Do they give the white slip then? Or another Blue? I just wonder when I can finally be with Shuyan? Writting these statements of the evolution of our relationship in detail, my trip to Shanghai and saying goodbye it brings me to tears. Sometimes I get very discouraged but I tell myself thats what they want us to do. Why they make it difficult on purpose, is it just random cases like TSA @ airports? Its like they want us to just give up now? Well Im not giving up I just really need to fine tune some of these statements and additional evidence.I am sending my original plane tickets and boarding passes & cc receipts. Sorry for so many questions in this post.

Oh yeah SHUYAN "Wo Ai Ni Lao Po"

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)

DAVIDXIUAN please advise?

Too bad historical cases don't support this completely... You should study GUZ for three years before making any comment so unilaterally.

She had a previous petition to go to the US... This should be an easy one to read...

I don't see any comments about what the blue slip wants so it's hard to comment further...

Can you please read the original part of this post It has exactly what I am submitting. I really could use your advice I see you have alot of knowledge I could sure use any and all suggestions. She did have a previous petition through her job an international textile sales company they make Dickies and t Shirts and all kinds of stuff. It was not a marriage type it was for business. thanks again everybody

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Jaybird, why dont you hand deliver the evidence to her, make another visit out of it,gives you a chance for more photos, plan stubs, you/her holding your freshly stamped passport and a copy of todays(that day) newspaper in front of a landmark. Use the opportunity to go to ACH the ask questions (ps then they will then know you are there).

In your case the more you can show them in overcome to support "bonifide" and ongoing the better.

JMHO but it certainly wont hurt any.

Good luck :lol:

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Of course I would love to go back to China and go Shanghai and GZ. I wish I could have went for the Interview on July 17th but reality is the ultimate factor here. I am working trying to save as much as I can. I wanted to have plenty of start up money for our lives together.

I am getting so sad thinking after all this time we cant be together?

Does anyone know how long the process takes once I mail in the additional requested evidence? I am finishing everything this week I just have a few things left. I will then Ship it to Shuyan who will include the pink and blue slips as requested and send to GZ. So how long will we wait until there is an answer? Do they give the white slip then? Or another Blue? I just wonder when I can finally be with Shuyan? Writting these statements of the evolution of our relationship in detail, my trip to Shanghai and saying goodbye it brings me to tears. Sometimes I get very discouraged but I tell myself thats what they want us to do. Why they make it difficult on purpose, is it just random cases like TSA @ airports? Its like they want us to just give up now? Well Im not giving up I just really need to fine tune some of these statements and additional evidence.I am sending my original plane tickets and boarding passes & cc receipts. Sorry for so many questions in this post.

Oh yeah SHUYAN "Wo Ai Ni Lao Po"

Look at post #10 in this topic, and click the links there, and read the specific cases that are written in those links.

A White Slip is bad- you are wanting a PINK SLIP. WHITE is usually NOID - Notice of Intent to Deny.

You MIGHT get another blue slip if the VO requests MORE evidence of SOMETHING ELSE.

lostinblue mentioned that your case pegged some things about VISA FRAUD, so it's up to you to submit documents to overcome these things.

As for 'what to submit' - you need to submit exactly what was asked for. They're also asking for submittals about where you lived,when you lived where, and when your parents immigrated to the USA.

I feel your pain, you have a lot of different things to write for this submittal, in addition to the physical evidence you must submit.

Now , another question is 'How Long for the OverCome to be processed?' - there's no easy answer on this - could be 2 weeks, could be 9 months - it ALL DEPENDS on the case.