No visa... yet

My wife passed her interview on July 14th, but we haven't been issued our CR-1 yet. Due to her schedule we came back to Wuhan, and I had to start working in Tianjin. I've talked with others (including Erika and some other people who were waiting with me on the 14th) and they had their visa issued the normal two days. I called DOS and they say it isn't issued. Should I be worried. We have emailed GUZ, but of course they say they won't respond for 5-7 days. I guess the only options I have are to wait, or go to ACH next week. I know Rob had somewhat a similar experience.....

Hey Bokiwen -

Did she fill out an EMS label on interview day? if so, you can at least track whats going on via ems online portal (if in fact it's left the consulate). Otherwise? yak ! smells like a wait for some reason ..

Hey Bokiwen -

Did she fill out an EMS label on interview day? if so, you can at least track whats going on via ems online portal (if in fact it's left the consulate). Otherwise? yak ! smells like a wait for some reason ..

Yes... Paid the 20 RMB, have a tracking number, and has the number of the China Post where it will be delivered. Have called China Post every day, have tried to track the package via EMS. According to DOS, it has not been issued.

Thanks for the info Rob. I will try to find a fax here in Tianjin, and see if I can get a response!!

Well, we are one of those rare circumstances--- where they have decided to make us do an overturn. Not really sure what we have to do, but I guess we will have to wait for the letter and passport to arrive back....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just to give an update....

On July 22nd, A letter arrived for my wife in Guangzhou, stating she had to return to the embassy for further administrative processing, and indicated that there was a problem with her fingerprints, but her passport was not returned (we felt that was a good sign).

On July 25, my wife arrived back in Guangzhou, and was admitted to the embassy with her letter. She was there 1.5 hours and she said was fingerprinted 5 times. (I don't know, is there a problem with her prints or the fingerprint machine).

On July 28th, the visa arrived at China Post at 5:50PM

Li Yin picked it up the next morning. I was working in Tianjin, so I flew down to Shenzhen (Li Yin has some family friends there). We left Shenzhen on July 30th for Hong Kong, and flew Hong Kong - Newark - Pittsburgh on July 31st.

So, her scenario basically was passing the interview on July 14, not getting a visa on the July 16th, having a letter arrive July 22nd, returning to Guangzhou July 25, having a visa issued on July 28, picking up July 29th, and flying home July 31st. Officially, we never received a blue, just a request for additional administrative processing.... But, I guess the lesson we learned was not to count our chickens before they were hatched. Yes, a pink felt great, but without a visa after two days (and talking to Erika who had hers), we were rightfully worried.

Now the fun stuff is I arrive home from China on Thursday July 31st, and the next day my company has now a request for me to return to do some work in Anshan, China....

Anyways, Li Yin has been here two days, and I have been able to bring her home this weekend to meet my parents.

Anyways, Li Yin has been here two days, and I have been able to bring her home this weekend to meet my parents.

Excellent News !!!! The mess was about her fingerprinting - it didn't take the first time? Thats really good news !!!