China One Child Policy

It's on HBO tonight - for those of you with cable.

Gives a pretty good perspective about what 'one child' is all about, in addition to covering the main topic of Stolen Children sold to 'other parents'.

Check yer local listings - It's on both East and West HBO tonight.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

It's on HBO tonight - for those of you with cable.

Gives a pretty good perspective about what 'one child' is all about, in addition to covering the main topic of Stolen Children sold to 'other parents'.

Check yer local listings - It's on both East and West HBO tonight.

It's a good topic and series. I watched a similar program on YouTube at work last week. It presents both positive and negative arguments. :sosad:

One thing that it brought out is that the market for girls is increasing - parents want to buy a girl to marry their son later in life.

Poor people pay more than rich people because more parents want their child to go to a rich family.

Pretty sobering stuff. What struck me along with the things Randy mentioned was the matter-of-factness with which the traffickers went about their business of selling kids,including the one guy who sold his own son. :P One of themhad a quote that went something like "I try to think of ways that selling kids is a bad, but can't come up with any. :lol:

And that stat at the end? 70,000 kids a year are snatched from the streets of China. Unbelievable.