First weekend in Montana together

Xiaoyuan and Yawen spent their first weekend in the USA and seem to have enjoyed it immensely.

Friday, we went shopping in Kalispell and bought too much food at Costco's; we ate barbecue at the Dave's BBQ which got mixed reviews; and I bought the little empress a wool jacket because it's "colda colda".

Saturday, we went to Libby for a benefit magic show in a High School gym. The guy was good, but no David Copperfield. After the show we bought momma a zip up sweat shirt because it is "colda colda". We grabbed a quick lunch in the supermarket deli and the little empress began to cry. My interpretation is the young woman's finally realized she's half-way around the world and getting back ain't easy without upsetting the apple cart.

Sunday, we all awoke before sunrise so I got the gals out of bed and dressed and we went game spotting. We saw a herd of elk, a monster mule deer and then went to the reservoir where I gave the girls a chance to drive the truck. They were afraid they'd drive the truck into the water. :cheering:

Through the weekend, I cooked the morning meal to reasonable reviews. In fact, I've been doing most of the cooking while we await the arrival of Xiaoyuan's chinese cooking set.

The little empress is smiling and laughing more, but is still playing the part of an empress. There was a bit of progress.

The gals are in awe of the number of animals in our yard, the clarity of the sky, the quiet, drinking water from the faucet and countless other things that I take for granted.

They are also campaigning for more shelves and cabinets for their beautiful things :whistling:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xiaoyuan and Yawen spent their first weekend in the USA and seem to have enjoyed it immensely.

Friday, we went shopping in Kalispell and bought too much food at Costco's; we ate barbecue at the Dave's BBQ which got mixed reviews; and I bought the little empress a wool jacket because it's "colda colda".

Saturday, we went to Libby for a benefit magic show in a High School gym. The guy was good, but no David Copperfield. After the show we bought momma a zip up sweat shirt because it is "colda colda". We grabbed a quick lunch in the supermarket deli and the little empress began to cry. My interpretation is the young woman's finally realized she's half-way around the world and getting back ain't easy without upsetting the apple cart.

Sunday, we all awoke before sunrise so I got the gals out of bed and dressed and we went game spotting. We saw a herd of elk, a monster mule deer and then went to the reservoir where I gave the girls a chance to drive the truck. They were afraid they'd drive the truck into the water. :cheering:

Through the weekend, I cooked the morning meal to reasonable reviews. In fact, I've been doing most of the cooking while we await the arrival of Xiaoyuan's chinese cooking set.

The little empress is smiling and laughing more, but is still playing the part of an empress. There was a bit of progress.

The gals are in awe of the number of animals in our yard, the clarity of the sky, the quiet, drinking water from the faucet and countless other things that I take for granted.

They are also campaigning for more shelves and cabinets for their beautiful things :whistling:

Sounds like a wonderful start! I hope all your days are happy.

If they call Montana summer colda colda, you may need to invent all new English words for them to describe Montana winter! :clapping:

You crack me up Griz. :P In a good way. :lol:

I hope the best for you and the girls. It's good to hear everything is off to a decent start.

The empress will come around, slowly. She's had many years as the empress. I don't think that there is an empress...ON/OFF switch, but there may be a dimmer switch there, within her, that will slowly go into the off posistion. ;)

tsap seui

Guest lilac6451

I read some of the postings relating the stepdaughter "Empress". I dont know what that implies. I think kids here are more" empress" than those from China,isnt it?