Shipping photo albums from china to US

Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there were any customs requirements for sending photo albums from China to the US

OR

What the best method for sending photo albums to the US is.

These are the only photo albums of her childhood or family left. The others were destroyed in the flood that came after the eathquakes a few months back.

Thanks in advance!

-Sy

Guest WenDylan

Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there were any customs requirements for sending photo albums from China to the US

OR

What the best method for sending photo albums to the US is.

These are the only photo albums of her childhood or family left. The others were destroyed in the flood that came after the eathquakes a few months back.

Thanks in advance!

-Sy

There shouldn't be any customs requirement. Though I do recommend using a good carrier for shipping, maybe FedEx or even better DHL.

Protect it well with bubble wrap, and tape the box well so that it does not allow moisture into it. Maybe add some paper plain white (with no writing) between the photo album pages as not to have ink transfer any writing and to protect any possible deterioration from heat or movement. You can add or use tissue paper as well perhaps.

if yer wrapping it up as Dylan suggested, add in some dessicant packages to handle the moisture. If it's going air-cargo, it's not that it will be in moist environment, but that the air pressure changes will bring on some moisture, MAYBE, depending on the carrier.

Dessicant won't HURT em, thankfully.

Since you are talking about protecting something that is irreplaceable, you might think seriously about scanning every picture first and saving them on a computer with a back up.

Ping and Cici did that with all of their pictures and then emailed them to me in batches. After all of them were safely here on my computer, and backed up, with a copy also on Ping's computer, they shipped the actual pictures to Houston.

Just a suggestion.