Interview Scheduling

Good luck to you October guys. Being in line for an interview is an excitin' time of life with the hopes that soon your lil' lady will soon be in your arms in your home.

Now, all the paperwork is done and it's just a few short weeks to THAT DAY. The only advice I could give you now is to take some time and practice some mock interviews with your lady, so everything you can to boost her confidence. If you can be in Guangzhou, take a walk upstairs to that 5th floor and look over to your left at the large interview room. I did that so I could see where the lil' rabbit was gonna wait for her turn at an interview window. It made me feel good and I could describe the scene to her.

I hope the best for all of ya.

tsap seui

back in May when we were made eligible for interview, we were hoping to make the June cut for interviews......but did not happen....so we ended up being among the very first for the July interviews, maybe even the first...and we got a July 31st interview date.....but as we watched others get theirs, the dates were spread all across the month...so it seems that there is no rhyme or reason for the appointing of the dates

Typically in the past it has gone something like this -

They will begin scheduling interviews for the last week of Sept around July 22. They move backward through the month, and will usually finish scheduling for Sept by the 1st or 2nd week of August. Worst case (shortest notice) would be an interview on Sept 1 scheduled on Aug 15 (2 weeks notice), but this is rare.

Oh, that would be difficult. 2 week notice to make preparations for another visit to China... ugh! :)

Michael,

I understand completely! Sorry you can't be there. I also was not sure about going for the interview but I just couldn't resist going.

Good Luck on the 6th!

Corey

Is there any way to coordinate / plan for a specific interview date? Is the interview date tied to the P4 return? If you want the longest leeway between P4 and interview, what would be the best time frame to return the P4? Or is it just a crap-shoot regardless?

Michael,

I understand completely! Sorry you can't be there. I also was not sure about going for the interview but I just couldn't resist going.

Good Luck on the 6th!

Corey

Is there any way to coordinate / plan for a specific interview date? Is the interview date tied to the P4 return? If you want the longest leeway between P4 and interview, what would be the best time frame to return the P4? Or is it just a crap-shoot regardless?

Bill,

I am certainly no expert as I have not been through the process but the only thing I tried to guage it by was everyone's posted timelines. Like all the others I also was calling DOS everyday to see when we were eligible for the interview and then when we were scheduled. Based on that I thought we were looking at a late August early September interview but ended up with August 5th. go figure!

Sorry if this only makes it more confusing.