Going to Atlanta

Update:

Just received notification from BCIS Atlanta to be there for EAD appointment at 10 AM Tuesday, August 26th. Nice of them to give us one weeks notice. :(

Li can go in, I cannot. Anyone have any info on what they do at EAD appointment? :P :lol:

Update:

Just received notification from BCIS Atlanta to be there for EAD appointment at 10 AM Tuesday, August 26th. Nice of them to give us one weeks notice. <_<

Li can go in, I cannot. Anyone have any info on what they do at EAD appointment? :blink:  :unsure:

Yep.. They get her in.. Take a digital pic. Digital FP's . She digitally signs... ( notice the hi-tech "digital" thinggie at BCIS ! ) She gets card right away . You go and be happy forever after ;)

Literally !

Guest Long_strider

Mick, Good luck on getting the EAD card soon.

I guess different offices have different procedures on issuing the EAD.

FYI...

Date entered the US on a K-1 was June 22, Married 7/4/03. On the day that we applied for our AOS, AP and EAD (7/17/03), they issued the EAD card in the afternoon. We went to BCIS local office (Portland, OR) first thing in the morning to present all the paperwork and they told us to come back in the p.m. for the EAD card.

The EAD card that we were issued is the size of a credit card. It is a small Picture ID sealed in clear plastic. It states in WHITE letters on a red backround at the top EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and underneath on a yellowish background in black letters U.S. Department of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service. It contains her picture with a three quarter head view with the right ear showing. It contains a single print. (not sure which one, maybe the thumb.). It contains a typed A number, her married name, Valid date and expiratation date, date of birth, Issued date, and another series of numbers with something to do with "terms and conditions." On the side of the clear plastic in red ink it says FORM I-688H Jan 89.

On the back side of the card it states...

The person identified on the reverse of this card is authorized to engage in employment in the United States pursuant to Section 274A of the Immigaration and Nationality Act, as amended, during the period of validity of the card and inaccordance with the restricting terms stated on the reverse fo the card.

This docuemtn is VOID if altered and may be revoked pursuant to 8 CFR 274a. This docuemnt is not evidence of citizenship or permanent residence in the United States. If this card is found, please return to the nearest office of the Immigartion and Nautralization Service.

At the "interview", The representive at the BCIS only reviewed each of our documents to ensure that we had included at the forms needs and signed all the documents. There was not any special questions about requesting employment authorization.

They refused our check for fingerprint fees saying that it was not necessary.

Mi

Thanks to all for the valuable info. I have been off line and out of town for a couple of days. The document we received from BCIS uses the word "interview" but from what I have heard, it is not much of an interview. At least I hope not. I would hate more surprises at this stage of the game. :greenblob:

Thanks to all for the valuable info. I have been off line and out of town for a couple of days. The document we received from BCIS uses the word "interview" but from what I have heard, it is not much of an interview. At least I hope not. I would hate more surprises at this stage of the game. :greenblob:

It's called rather an "appointment" which is exactly what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all for the valuable info. I have been off line and out of town for a couple of days. The document we received from BCIS uses the word "interview" but from what I have heard, it is not much of an interview. At least I hope not. I would hate more surprises at this stage of the game. :P

It's called rather an "appointment" which is exactly what it is.

And that, my friend, is exactly what it turned out to be. An appointment, not an interview. However, the letter we got informing us of the appointment, used the word "interview". Go figure. :o