For the initial, I'd also include (my preference)

-about 20 photos showing you, her and her family.

-notarized letters from your friends in the usa that state that they know you are married to yer wife, have seen the pictures and studied the red marriage book.

-copies of all RECEIPTS for your tickets and hotels and food.

-at this stage, i think non-notarized copies of the passport and the stamps is acceptable - i'm having a brain fart and can't remember notarized vs non-notarized.

Also, I suggest you front load the intitial application.

Financial co-mingling only is provided in cases where a couple has been married and diving together for some time.

This is strictly optional, USCIS and Consulate know that due to the short time of marriage that you wont have any of the above evidence, you can provide a couple of letters from friends and family attesting to knowledge that you are in fact married.

This evidence has more to do with persons who have been married and living together overseas for several years, as in 2+ years together, the resulting visa, and green-card in the USA will be a 10 year permanent one, no conditions to file to remove. People filing for a visa shortly after marriage tend to get a 2year green card, which will eventually need the conditions removed for a permanent card, at that time you will provide to USCIS evidence of bona fide marital relationship.

Financial co-mingling only is provided in cases where a couple has been married and diving together for some time.

This is strictly optional, USCIS and Consulate know that due to the short time of marriage that you wont have any of the above evidence, you can provide a couple of letters from friends and family attesting to knowledge that you are in fact married.

This evidence has more to do with persons who have been married and living together overseas for several years, as in 2+ years together, the resulting visa, and green-card in the USA will be a 10 year permanent one, no conditions to file to remove. People filing for a visa shortly after marriage tend to get a 2year green card, which will eventually need the conditions removed for a permanent card, at that time you will provide to USCIS evidence of bona fide marital relationship.

I would also think that they will know that you can't get your wife or husbands name on some stuff unless they live with you and can show up to sign in person (like bank accounts).

I would also think that they will know that you can't get your wife or husbands name on some stuff unless they live with you and can show up to sign in person (like bank accounts).

I'm in the process of opening an account with HSBC Bank. I'm currently in the USA. The information for her to sign was sent to an office on China. Then it will be sent back to the USA. The account with be a joint account with her and my name. The process takes about 3-4 weeks. The guy from HSBC Bank said the information can't be fax over. I didn't understand why NOT. It had to be send internal mail.

I'm in the process of opening an account with HSBC Bank. I'm currently in the USA. The information for her to sign was sent to an office on China. Then it will be sent back to the USA. The account with be a joint account with her and my name. The process takes about 3-4 weeks. The guy from HSBC Bank said the information can't be fax over. I didn't understand why NOT. It had to be send internal mail.

that is great stuff- thanks- she is in a medium size city (Liuzhou)- does she have to visit a city where a branch is located or can they mail the information to her-did you have to visit a branch or did you do this online-Jim

that is great stuff- thanks- she is in a medium size city (Liuzhou)- does she have to visit a city where a branch is located or can they mail the information to her-did you have to visit a branch or did you do this online-Jim

Yes please let us know...... may be doing this also..........

Did you have to have a certain amount to open this account to be able to have this done and do you have to be married already to do it?

For this to be true then the letters would have to come from someone that was actually there when the legal proceedings of the marriage actually took place. This tells me that the letters would have to come from HER friends and family.

Anythings else is hearsay.