Interview Result

I am so sad that I was denied by Guangzhou consular in the interview.

During the interview, the visa officer said my fiancee and I was too young to make serious decisions about marriage. In fact, I am 20 and my fiancee is 21 years old. And my fiancee is a full time student now in a seven year medical school now.

In addition, on the denial letter the visa officer mentioned not a single word of this statement of my fiancee and I being too young to make marriage decisions. Instead, he stated on the letter that we fail to provide proof of our relationship. Yet, during the interview, when he was offered numerous proves of our relationship, he refused to see them, and specifically stated in front of me that he fully believed in the credibility of our relationship.

After some days, my fiancee wrote a email to GuangzhouIV asking about our case. The response was that we are 20 and 21 without real income. In fact, we have co-sponsor. But they did not mention one word about it.

Follow the consulate's letter, is that means full time students can not marry because they have no real income? Full time students have no right to petition their fiancee to come to the United Stated? And full time students are too young to make serious decisions about marriage?

My fiancee is a seven-year medcial school student and he has 3 years left to finish all his studies. We do not want to wait that long to be with each. Being mere students, we feel very powerless in this situation.

the processing interview:

we talked in chinese

me: hello

vo:hello

me:this is my passport

vo:how old are you

me:21, I have my fiancee's passport, do you want to see?

vo:no

me:I have a letter my fiancee wrote to you.

vo:I dont need, pick it up. how did u know each?

me:My high school classmate is our introducer.

vo:when did u meet the first time?

me:Apr.X.2007. I have photos, do you want to see?

vo:no. how many times have you met?

me: twice. the first isXXX, the second is XXXX

vo: When did your fiancee go to US?

me:Dec.XX.1996, his dad applied him. I have his parents' photos, do you want to see?

vo:no.

me:I have my fiancee's school scores letter, do you want to see?

vo:yes, I want to see. do you have the tax return?

me:yes, I have our fiancial sponsor's photos with my fiancee, do you want to see?

vo: yes

then, vo called a chinese to come, told english to her.

The chinese stuff told me, vo think we were too young and we can apply again after some time. he can not give me the visa.

I feel so sad, then I said english to vo.

me:why, I have many photos about our engagement party,do you want to see?

vo:no

me: we are true love, I love my fiancee so much.

vo:yes, I trust your relationship. you see, you are both young, and your fiancee's income is low.

me: he is a full time student, we have fiancial sponsor.

vo: yes, I trust your relationship. you can apply again after some time.

I talked with vo for a long time, and want to change the white paper. but failed. Then I have to go.

On the white paper is said our relationship is not true.

Now my fiancee will appeal in US, and apply CR after our marriage. But I still worry about my fiancee's income. Next year, he will still have no income. Well, we will still ask our lawyer about it. I also want you here can help me.

Thanks a lot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry, and pained, to see your denial.

It's unlikely you two will be able to overturn their decision at this time. I wish I could advise you with better news.

Here is an attorney's e-mail address. His name is Marc Ellis and he isn't expensive. Marc is very astute with the wokings of the consulate.

marcellislaw@gmail.com

Having my fiancee recntly denied her visa, I know right now the hurt is deep, the ache of the pain is great, and it seems like the world has stopped.

The world has not stopped spinning. You will get over this. You two have a bright future ahead of you.

tsap seui

Hi Sweetcherry,

hang in there....and I am sorry about this....... :bangin:

"Now my fiancee will appeal in US, and apply CR after our marriage. But I still worry about my fiancee's income. Next year, he will still have no income. Well, we will still ask our lawyer about it. I also want you here can help me."

I don't know whether you can now stop the petition from leaving GUZ, the only one that could stop the petition from leaving GUZ would be a competitive lawyer but they might be too expensive.

I eliminated the US Embassy from telling me that I could not get married because I married my wife in China.

I don't know how far you will take the appeal, but to eliminate somebody from telling you that you are too young...Is to get married.... :lol:

As far as the Income goes...make sure that your co-sponsor has enough income to handle their family plus you and your "husband".

Good luck and keep posting.......... :D

Tom and Ling

I am sorry to hear about your problem. We are interviewing in a few weeks and we are young as well. I am 21 and my husband will be 24 in December. I hope this does not happen to us. I do know of another couple who are the same ages as me and they got the visa. They had a co-sponsor and did I think a CR-1 (I don't think K3). They had a child and another on the way, but they were fine. I will see what happens to us since we don't have a child yet.

I do hope that everything works out for you. I think that if you still want to get married, then marry your fiancee and try again, and front-load your I-130 with as much information/proof as you can. I'm sure you will make it through together.

Guest Rob & Jin

Wow, thats so sad :bangin: very sorry to hear this, hang in there

Try and keep petition in GUZ, maybe this can be overcome with good legal help. Crazy decision

good luck and we wish you well

Sorry to hear of your denial.

Since your fiance is a medical student, you need to make sure that your co-sponsor's support is strong enough to cover the student loan (or whatever the expenses there is). Otherwise, before he/she can have income to support the life of you two, your life in America is not independent, maybe another version of 'public burden'? Just my opinion.

I'm also very sorry to hear about your white slip. :D And while I don't doubt the sincerity of your relationship, I can't say I'm all that surprised by the VO's decision. That doesn't mean I agree with it. Just that, given ALL the factors involved, I can see where the VO may be coming from.

1.You're both comparatively very young. ( I would imagine in contrast to the majority of visa applications GUZ gets. I know it shouldn't make any difference or be a factor to a government employee, but there it is) 2.Neither of you have a great deal of earning potential at the moment. (Yes, you have a co-sponsor and technically that's all you need. But it's just one more factor in the VO's mind) 3.You've known each other for a relatively short time. (Again, I know some of us have even shorter times, but most of us don't have the other factors working against us) 4. I gather that you're fiance has been in the US only since 1996. (I don't know if this factor played a role in the decision or not. I included it only because it's possible.)

Taking all these factors into account, and keeping in mind that VOs have VERY WIDE discretion when it comes to granting visas, I can't say I'm shocked by the decision. Is it fair? Certainly not. But, as Chilton and Tsap and others can attest to, the system isn't set up to be fair. I don't mean that to sound cold. I have great empathy for you and your fiance. But looking at it realistically,which GUZ does, that's the conclusion I come to.

IMHO one of the factors that led to your denial is also one of your greatest assets going forward. You're both still very young. Without sounding too cliche-ish, you both have the rest of your lives to look forward to. And I believe they could still be spent together, possibly without as much trouble as you might think.

If I were you, (take this with as much salt as it deserves) :D I would give yourselves some more time to get to know each other while your fiance continues his education. I would wait maybe six,eight months or even a year and if you still feel the same, then get married and file for CR-1 or K-3 or whatever. Or better yet IMO, give it even some more time after the marriage before filing.

I realize this doesn't get you both in the same country as quickly as you may like. But as I said before, you're still young and have plenty of time to spend together. And after the white slip, your goal is to change the perception of the next VO. A longer courtship,a marriage and a continued commitment to the relationship may look a whole lot better to that next VO than your present circumstances did to this one.

Again, I'm very sorry for the white slip and I agree with the others that it really isn't fair. But, that's not going to change the reality. The path that I've laid out may not work either and many here may disagree with it. It's just my opinion for the best way I see that you can get what you ultimately want.

I wish you both all the best. :D

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

While I personally agree with the VO that you are both too young to marry it shouldn't be based on his personal beliefs. You are both legally of age to make the decision and have satisfied the legal requirements.

I agree with others that you need a lawyer in GZ immediately. One that can argue for you and keep the petition there. A white slip is bad news.

You may not be able to keep the petition in GZ. By doing this the VO has pretty much guaranteed that the petition will take several more months to be considered again. I think that was his intention. He wants to force you both to wait a year or longer.That is an abuse of power in my opinion. Have your fianc¨¦e write his congressman and the USCIS ombudsman. There is a slim chance that might help.

You could go ahead and marry and start the process all over but that would likely cause complications and the delay would probably be just as long or longer.

Good luck with your case.

I'm also very sorry to hear about your white slip. :D And while I don't doubt the sincerity of your relationship, I can't say I'm all that surprised by the VO's decision. That doesn't mean I agree with it. Just that, given ALL the factors involved, I can see where the VO may be coming from.

1.You're both comparatively very young. ( I would imagine in contrast to the majority of visa applications GUZ gets. I know it shouldn't make any difference or be a factor to a government employee, but there it is) 2.Neither of you have a great deal of earning potential at the moment. (Yes, you have a co-sponsor and technically that's all you need. But it's just one more factor in the VO's mind) 3.You've known each other for a relatively short time. (Again, I know some of us have even shorter times, but most of us don't have the other factors working against us) 4. I gather that you're fiance has been in the US only since 1996. (I don't know if this factor played a role in the decision or not. I included it only because it's possible.)

Taking all these factors into account, and keeping in mind that VOs have VERY WIDE discretion when it comes to granting visas, I can't say I'm shocked by the decision. Is it fair? Certainly not. But, as Chilton and Tsap and others can attest to, the system isn't set up to be fair. I don't mean that to sound cold. I have great empathy for you and your fiance. But looking at it realistically,which GUZ does, that's the conclusion I come to.

IMHO one of the factors that led to your denial is also one of your greatest assets going forward. You're both still very young. Without sounding too cliche-ish, you both have the rest of your lives to look forward to. And I believe they could still be spent together, possibly without as much trouble as you might think.

If I were you, (take this with as much salt as it deserves) :D I would give yourselves some more time to get to know each other while your fiance continues his education. I would wait maybe six,eight months or even a year and if you still feel the same, then get married and file for CR-1 or K-3 or whatever. Or better yet IMO, give it even some more time after the marriage before filing.

I realize this doesn't get you both in the same country as quickly as you may like. But as I said before, you're still young and have plenty of time to spend together. And after the white slip, your goal is to change the perception of the next VO. A longer courtship,a marriage and a continued commitment to the relationship may look a whole lot better to that next VO than your present circumstances did to this one.

Again, I'm very sorry for the white slip and I agree with the others that it really isn't fair. But, that's not going to change the reality. The path that I've laid out may not work either and many here may disagree with it. It's just my opinion for the best way I see that you can get what you ultimately want.

I wish you both all the best. :D

Carl's right - they would be legally married. If he puts what he told them down in writing, I think they have a very good case. If he only says "Not a Valid Relationship", it'll get the same treatment everyone else does.

VO's don't have the option of defining their own marriage laws.

First I will say that I am sorry about your disappointment, and I empathize for you, although I believe there may be a silver lining that you do not yet appreciate.

As we get older, SweetCherry, we begin to lament that youth is wasted on the young, because we learn so much as we go through life.

Fortunately, love is not wasted on the young. It can be there no matter your age, no matter where you live, no matter how long it takes to be together. That is the nature of true love. This is a test of your love.

The question you and your fiance face is whether your love is strong enough to stand the test of time and hardship. Will you prove the VO was wrong in his harsh judgment of you, or will you be grateful in a year or two that he made you wait? Only time will tell.

Good luck to you.

While I was in the coffee shop waiting for Xiaoyuan this week, there was one young woman passing the coffee shop alone with a flood of tears falling from her cheeks.

I can only imagine the sadness of getting WHITE.

Time will ease the pain. Good luck to you and your future husband.

Guest WenDylan

Who was your co-sponsor? Was it family? If it wasn't family, then I can see how the VO would think that you cannot support yourselves, and your family does not support you either, so how could you provide proof of relationship if your family does not support you?

I am sorry for the white slip. I feel this process is just too cruel. What ever happened to the freedom of the pursuit of happiness? Isn't that what is supposed to make this country so great?

Sending couples that are "too young" to the Visa Officer for marital counseling is an interesting idea, but one that doesn't hold any water. That would be one more power that they could wield over our lives.

Sorry, but I disagree completely with that thought. Donahso has said a number of times - nowhere is it stated that love is a requirement. The VO's should not be evaluating your feelings, or if you are "old" enough to HAVE feelings

Thank you so much for everyone's caring and help here. I feel so warm.

My fiancee is free to study in his medical school with amounnt of scholarship. Hence, he need not to pay money for it. He has no loan.

And our co-sponsor is not my fiancee's family. She is a so nice Amercian lady. She see my fiancee as her own son and, she wrote a affidavit to vo explain that. On the I-134, she wrote she would try her best to help us because she loves her "son", and want he get a happiness marriage.

My fiancee's parents' tax return is not high enough because, they have house loan. So they just made I-186A, but vo did not see it.

Thank you again.