Now this is Customer Service

Hey all,

I guess I am just total NOT use to customer service anymore. I did spend the last 7 or 8 years in Detroit which is just a tad hard about the edges. :huh: Getting use to a better treatment down south here, but still never expecting customer service.

OK to the point is in a short story.

Decided to send Zhenni some flowers, arrange for them to arrive Tuesday 7/1 in China. This morning get a short email, sorry business sends me to training be gone for three days. thinking of you ad all that good personal stuff!

D*** flowers be dead by the time she gets back.. Send urgent request to change delivery date and...

Dear Kevin XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing our service,we will arrange your order on 2008/07/04 as you request,after delivery we will send you an Email.

We have received your order and payment,and there is no thing missing,everything was done correctly ,don't worry pls.

Best Regards

Aloe lu

Customers Service Dep.

Now that is customer service and done on the day they were to be sent. They have my vote and my recommendation all. Remember when American workers did that sort of stuff for their customers?

OH NO! You all know my real name now! ;)

I doubt that knowing your first name is Kevin will blow your cover. I've done business with CN flowers before and found them to be pleasant to deal with even when they screw up.

Hey all,

I guess I am just total NOT use to customer service anymore. I did spend the last 7 or 8 years in Detroit which is just a tad hard about the edges. :ph34r: Getting use to a better treatment down south here, but still never expecting customer service.

OK to the point is in a short story.

Decided to send Zhenni some flowers, arrange for them to arrive Tuesday 7/1 in China. This morning get a short email, sorry business sends me to training be gone for three days. thinking of you ad all that good personal stuff!

D*** flowers be dead by the time she gets back.. Send urgent request to change delivery date and...

Dear Kevin XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing our service,we will arrange your order on 2008/07/04 as you request,after delivery we will send you an Email.

We have received your order and payment,and there is no thing missing,everything was done correctly ,don't worry pls.

Best Regards

Aloe lu

Customers Service Dep.

Now that is customer service and done on the day they were to be sent. They have my vote and my recommendation all. Remember when American workers did that sort of stuff for their customers?

OH NO! You all know my real name now! :angry:

I am glad you had a good experience with your flower supplier. But to infer that all customer service in the US is bad and that customer service in China is great is a little bit of an overreach.

If you live or work here in China for any length of time you quickly find this out. Just this morning, I went to local ferry station here in China, to get a copy of the Wall Street Journal. A little Chinese woman at the news stand told me in Chinese, wait wait¡­ and then said she would get one. Well, 5 minutes late she came back with an English version of the Southern China Daily which was someone¡¯s daily subscription and was left on the ferry after being read, it was also a day old! She then wanted 3 times what the paper cost too. I rolled my eyes at her and walked away.

This type of situation of getting screwed or poor service occurs all the time here.

If you worked or lived here for an extended period you would have a completely different attitude. Customer service here beats you down after awhile.

Yeah I know generalization it is. It is just that after living overseas and in several larger cities is USA I am sort of use to being ignored or having to fight to gt something refunded, replaced, etc.

NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Phoenix, Rome and living in the majority of the airports seems to have placed me in locations that the customer is right or comes first is not well know.

Yes there are always good and bad everywhere I have been. In Italy, the restaurants and tailors always gave you top notch service. Of course their business was based on word of mouth and great service. Other services were very hit and miss and yep he is American overcharge him for everything. (This was well before the Euro.)

Japan was the only place that always took care of me. One time I was headed into the country side on a train. The conductor could tell I was not Japanese, very smart guy, and could not speak it. When we got to my destination I got off and noticed the train did not leave right away, Normally those trains only stop for a minute or so. They waited until the conductor found me, made sure I was off the train. On another trip I left a hat on the train and happened to mention it to one of my business associates. He must have had someone call the train company, because about 3 weeks after I left japan my hat showed up at the office.

Anyway, I shall try to not generalize too much anymore. This was just my first experience with a Chinese company on a personal level and I had expected the flowers to be DOA on her return home.

Edited by Maxal (see edit history)

Japan takes customer service to a whole new level. Stop at a gas station and they not only wash your windshield but they also vacume your floor mats. When you are finished they go out on the street and flag traffic so you can leave.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Kevin I have used this florist 3 different times and they have always provided great service. The have a wide selection to choose from and they are less expensive then Cn Flowers. Local Streets Inc. They cover all of China.

http://flower.localstreets.com