*major* DCF problems!!

UPDATE**********

I had the interview with DHS (Department of Homeland Security). Apparently, the reason we were flagged for interview was because I left China to return to America a week or so after filing the papers. That apparently screams "fraud". Everything went well and they'll be forwarding our aplication to Guangzhou!!

Hi bmic,

Not that it helps you, But with my second wife who was Russian, after I married her I DCFed 3 I-130's with the US Embassy in Kazakhstan but my wife and step-children were with me when I filed all the forms.....This was probably the interview that you are going to have to go back to.... :lol:

I would suspect that they want to make sure that you are qualified to make a DCF filing.

Probably because anyone could mail in a DCF filing , even from the US, by having your spouse do the mailing......just another hoop to jump through.......... :lol:

Good luck.... :P

Tom and Ling

yes three months after filing they called my wife and told her we have to come in for the interview. Almost 3 months to the day, now that i think about it.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE**********

I had the interview with DHS (Department of Homeland Security). Apparently, the reason we were flagged for interview was because I left China to return to America a week or so after filing the papers. That apparently screams "fraud". Everything went well and they'll be forwarding our aplication to Guangzhou!!

Glad to hear you got it resolved and moved to GZ.

UPDATE**********

Hi bmic,

Not that it helps you, But with my second wife who was Russian, after I married her I DCFed 3 I-130's with the US Embassy in Kazakhstan but my wife and step-children were with me when I filed all the forms.....This was probably the interview that you are going to have to go back to.... :ph34r:

I would suspect that they want to make sure that you are qualified to make a DCF filing.

Probably because anyone could mail in a DCF filing , even from the US, by having your spouse do the mailing......just another hoop to jump through.......... :unsure:

Good luck.... :happybday:

Tom and Ling

yes three months after filing they called my wife and told her we have to come in for the interview. Almost 3 months to the day, now that i think about it.

Glad it worked out. I was curious as to what they were going to say, because their system creates a somewhat double edged sword.

I filed this way as living in China also, but must prove we have income when we get back home.

So, they can't penalize you for taking off for home for the job that they want to see to make sure that you can support her!

The bottom line is that filing this way over here in China is tricky and they wanted to make sure you weren't going around their system.

Because if you live in china and file here, the first thing they want to know is if you have USA domicile and income, and that your residence here must be temporary.

So, you left to get a job and then they flag you.....then how can you prove income if they stop you from getting a job in the USA......I thought they were going to get you in no-mans-land somehow.

Glad it worked out so far.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
  • 5 months later...
the double edge sword effect. im glad you were able to resolve it, good luck with the rest of your case, wishing you a smooth journey from now :ph34r:

I sent an email to GUZ yesterday for ANY clarification on my wife's case. She had been under administrative processing for over two months now. They responded today telling me her visa is approved and they'll be sending her a call-in letter. I was actually stunned. I didn't think the email would come to anything at all. I think I'm still in shock.

thanks to everyone here! It's funny, everyone says to "be patient" and most who do don't really understand what it's like - to live with your wife for four years than be separated for a year. Many here know exactly what it's like and I thank everyone who's given advice and help and encouragement. Speaking of which, I should sit down and do the time line sometime this week!