Any difference between Administrative processing and Administrative re

Many of you might have read my previous posts. It is nearing 2 years since my marriage! No visa yet !! My wife's interview was in October 2007. The case went on AP Nov 1, 2007.

I just called DOS. They said that my wife's application is on Administrarive review. I asked her if the application is in the US or in GZ. She said GZ. How do you read these statements?

I thought that AR is just another name for AP. Am I right or are they different?

Thanks. . . Ken88

AP- investigating something :rolleyes: (give GUZ six months)

AR- will make a decision soon(ish) ;) (give GUZ six months)

Godd luck :)

:D I like the additions in red David, very clever, and pretty much the exact times lines...Your dry and devilish sense of humor cracks me up. :lol: You and Lee and some of the others have seen everything, and I'm sure yaw must shake your heads sometimes. ;)

Ken,

Our interview was in July 2007. We were in AP until the end of January 2008 when GUZ put us into AR.

Rob and the others, pretty much sums up what AP/AR is supposd to be. Another fellow ahead of me with an AP blue said that AP can jump into AR and then back to AP...and again, into AR.

My take was this...

AP= they sent out God knows what to God knows who, and their waiting for an answer from God knows who about God knows what.

AR= they have gotten a reply and now they want to review it.

DOS operators will, for the most part, tell you that AP and AR are the same things..and they will usually tell you your case is in Ap...even when it is in AR.

Even e-mails to GUZ will come back sometimes with Ap when they've put you into AR...is this all making sense to ya? :lol:

I rmember being so happy when we went into AR (according to GUZ and a very happy DOS operator who knew me by name) back in late January. I thought FINALLY...an answer soon. Heck, it only took them 4 months of AR to finally deny us.

My heart is with you Ken. It is total insanity and you are twisting in the wind everyday...hoping and hoping and hoping. It saddens me to see another go through what we went through. How I wish I could tell you something magical, to do, that would turn this around for you and your wife.

I say a prayer for you and your wifes' piece of mind and success, EVERYDAY, Ken. I don't know you from anybody, but I know what the REAL waiting is all about. I know that hurt. I hate to see anyone go through this, and your posts looking for answers and help rips my guts out.

Good luck buddy, stay strong,

tsap seui

AP- investigating something :D (give GUZ six months)

AR- will make a decision soon(ish) ;) (give GUZ six months)

Godd luck :)

;) I like the additions in red David, very clever, and pretty much the exact times lines...Your dry and devilish sense of humor cracks me up. :lol: You and Lee and some of the others have seen everything, and I'm sure yaw must shake your heads sometimes. ;)

Ken,

Our interview was in July 2007. We were in AP until the end of January 2008 when GUZ put us into AR.

Rob and the others, pretty much sums up what AP/AR is supposd to be. Another fellow ahead of me with an AP blue said that AP can jump into AR and then back to AP...and again, into AR.

My take was this...

AP= they sent out God knows what to God knows who, and their waiting for an answer from God knows who about God knows what.

AR= they have gotten a reply and now they want to review it.

DOS operators will, for the most part, tell you that AP and AR are the same things..and they will usually tell you your case is in Ap...even when it is in AR.

Even e-mails to GUZ will come back sometimes with Ap when they've put you into AR...is this all making sense to ya? :lol:

I rmember being so happy when we went into AR (according to GUZ and a very happy DOS operator who knew me by name) back in late January. I thought FINALLY...an answer soon. Heck, it only took them 4 months of AR to finally deny us.

My heart is with you Ken. It is total insanity and you are twisting in the wind everyday...hoping and hoping and hoping. It saddens me to see another go through what we went through. How I wish I could tell you something magical, to do, that would turn this around for you and your wife.

I say a prayer for you and your wifes' piece of mind and success, EVERYDAY, Ken. I don't know you from anybody, but I know what the REAL waiting is all about. I know that hurt. I hate to see anyone go through this, and your posts looking for answers and help rips my guts out.

Good luck buddy, stay strong,

tsap seui

Thanks Tsap seui and David. It was a very important information.

I thought that I could be a little happier or a little bit less unhappy because my application went from AP to AR. But I guess I can't.

Well ! Keep waiting !!

Ken88

Be happy with the AR, Ken. Mine was just one case. Your's could probably work out with happy news for you and your wife in short order.

Let's look at it THAT way. If this helps...the one guy I knew who got a pink slip from an AP blue, was put into AR and 5 weeks later his girl friend was asked to bring her passport to GUZ and they gave her a pink slip and a visa. :D

What happened to him sustained me for a long time.

tsap seui

• 3 weeks later...

Many of you might have read my previous posts. It is nearing 2 years since my marriage! No visa yet !! My wife's interview was in October 2007. The case went on AP Nov 1, 2007.

I just called DOS. They said that my wife's application is on Administrarive review. I asked her if the application is in the US or in GZ. She said GZ. How do you read these statements?

I thought that AR is just another name for AP. Am I right or are they different?

Thanks. . . Ken88

I called DOS last Tuesday, and inquired about the status of my application again. I Heard the same broken record ! (They do not have records anymore; do they? DOS definitely does). " It is under Administrative Review"

I asked her, " Until about a few weeks ago, it was on Administrative Processing. Has there been a change?"

DOS: "No"

Me : "Is AR the same as AP?"

DOS: " Yes "

Me: "Then why did they tell me AP, consistently before?"

DOS: " There is no difference, Sir ! It depends on who you talk to "

Me: " So there has been no difference in my status from NOVEMBER 2007 to today?"

DOS: " No, sir "

Me: "Do you know what is happening? "

DOS: "No, sir. You have to ask GUZ about it "

Me: " Thank you"

DOS: " Good luck to you "

So there is no room for any celebration !

Ken88

• 2 months later...