Length of time to Send in P3

How much time do you have to submit your P3 for K1 after receiving the packet?

GUZ extends the K-1 Notice of action for an additional 4 months beyond it's expiration, so I would have the P3 (OF-169, and DS-230 Part 1) back to the consulate no later than 4 months past the I-129F approval notice expiration.

I think I read somewhere that they will actually keep your file open for up to a year. Delays aren't good, but things happen. The extensions are automatic, as needed.

I know we are talking about K1 here but my CR1 NVC documents all say that I have one year to send them in. This includes the DS-230.

Thanks for your replies, It seems the K1 packet 3 may have been sent out during April, possible lost in the mail..

Call DOS Visa services about this, http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa if they tell you that the consulate sent out the instruction packet (P3) you can just do the OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 and mail them to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

OF-169: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

DS-230: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Thanks for your replies, It seems the K1 packet 3 may have been sent out during April, possible lost in the mail..

rm

Hi,

I kind of confuse about form OF-169 the first question which is the Mail address Label.

What is Label Address Lable do the post office knows about getting an EMC Label from them

Thanks.

How did you come to the conclusion that your P3 was sent out? As far as I can tell, I won't know that the consulate sent the P3 packet to my fiancee until she actually receives it. If there is way to determine it has been sent, please let me know.

Thanks!

Call DOS Visa services about this, http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa if they tell you that the consulate sent out the instruction packet (P3) you can just do the OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 ...

Has anyone actually had luck reaching a live person at the consulate visa office? I have tried to contact them several times, and I have never been able to reach a live person, not has any calls or emails been responded to. Sometimes I wonder if the consulate has been abandoned.

Call DOS Visa services about this, http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa if they tell you that the consulate sent out the instruction packet (P3) you can just do the OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 ...

Has anyone actually had luck reaching a live person at the consulate visa office? I have tried to contact them several times, and I have never been able to reach a live person, not has any calls or emails been responded to. Sometimes I wonder if the consulate has been abandoned.

I called the DOS# 202.663.1225, then the ext. # 100, this is where I receive the send out date.

I called the DOS# 202.663.1225, then the ext. # 100, this is where I receive the send out date.

I tried calling this number, and it's a recorded message. I tried pressing ext 100, but nothing I press is recognized... the recording just rambles on until it's completed (and it's long). At the end, he says "for additional info press 1 now". I tried to press 100 again, but it thinks I pressed 1, and he just repeats the entire spiel... *sigh*

Are you sure this is the number you used?

Edited by Bill & Angel (see edit history)

I tried calling this number, and it's a recorded message. I tried pressing ext 100, but nothing I press is recognized... the recording just rambles on until it's completed (and it's long). At the end, he says "for additional info press 1 now". I tried to press 100 again, but it thinks I pressed 1, and he just repeats the entire spiel... *sigh*

Try this DOS Inquiry (202) 663-1225 /1/0

Pass the recording by pressing one, then 0, it will put you in the waiting queue.

Try this DOS Inquiry (202) 663-1225 /1/0

Pass the recording by pressing one, then 0, it will put you in the waiting queue.

Aha... pressing 1 quickly is the key. This did work. Pressing 0 also interrupted the "last message" and attempted to find me an operator. However, now I hit the time difference snag. It's only 3:30 PM here, but I guess DOS is on the east coast, so they are already closed. I'll give this another try tomorrow.

Thanks!