I guess I'll just be the devil's advocate here...

I read alot of window dressing going on for the sake of USCIS as if DOS cares a less.

If USCIS wants something, don't expect DOS to care too much about it, so comments like, they never asked me at the interview for this or that is expected since DOS didn't request it in the first place.

While putting someone's name on your utility bills or insurance may be tossing a bone to USCIS, I think DOS is smart enough to know she's never been to the US yet and it really doesn't mean anything.

Keep the evidence as meaningful and logical as possible... and realize the form is used for other family based visas where evidence is expected to be easy to provide.

USCIS is only going to say if your qualified to petition for a visa; DOS is going to say if the SO gets the visa.. as is usually the case, always prepare for the GUZ factor...

The 'evidence of bonafide marriage' set o stuff to do changed in january 2008. If you review a current I-130 form, you'll see what is suggested to prove up a bonafide marriage. others have made lists, reread what is here in this topic. FWIW, those affadavits from OTHER PEOPLE - you can get them now, not wait for a few months. Please study, as much as possible, what 'front-loading' is all about.

You can also submit stuff after you receive the P-2, cause you'll start to recv the I-864 requests right after that.

Be Well, and Well Rested !

Actually, the changes for the I-130 came about in very early 2007. They were already in place, when I first filed my I-130 in late April 2007, and VJ had already included the changes on their I-130 Guide, by April 2007. As I stated in post #6, I sensed a [change] in the dynamic at that time, as to how to approach the filing of the petition.

As to the other question on the Affidavit, each state has its own format (although most are similar) for the legal affidavit.

I downloaded a sample of the California version and utilized it for my two affidavits filed with the I-130. Even though not asked for specifically with the I-129F, I also included them along with the other evidence, with that package too. Each of my petitions, both I-130's and the I-129F, were over 2" thick, including the photos.

I followed the USCIS official file compilation directions and "submitted as Complete a package as possible".

In the end, I felt I did not 'harm' myself in this regard.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

The 'evidence of bonafide marriage' set o stuff to do changed in january 2008. If you review a current I-130 form, you'll see what is suggested to prove up a bonafide marriage. others have made lists, reread what is here in this topic. FWIW, those affadavits from OTHER PEOPLE - you can get them now, not wait for a few months. Please study, as much as possible, what 'front-loading' is all about.

You can also submit stuff after you receive the P-2, cause you'll start to recv the I-864 requests right after that.

Actually, the changes for the I-130 came about in very early 2007. They were already in place, when I first filed my I-130 in late April 2007, and VJ had already included the changes on their I-130 Guide, by April 2007. As I stated in post #6, I sensed a [change] in the dynamic at that time, as to how to approach the filing of the petition.

As to the other question on the Affidavit, each state has its own format (although most are similar) for the legal affidavit.

I downloaded a sample of the California version and utilized it for my two affidavits filed with the I-130. Even though not asked for specifically with the I-129F, I also included them along with the other evidence, with that package too. Each of my petitions, both I-130's and the I-129F, were over 2" thick, including the photos.

I followed the USCIS official file compilation directions and "submitted as Complete a package as possible".

Heh. I like your style, rogerinca.

I submitted a 143 page I-129F for K1 app this May :-)

I think it was about 2 Kilos in weight. Sent it in a cardboard box. Got recieved and filed, NOA1 within a week. Now I dont know of course, just waiting.

We are stuck with this process one way or another; may as well be the hardest to argue against and get all the papers together that might be wanted ahead of time!

Hi rogerinca:

Can you post or PM the sample California version for Affidavit. I am also from California.

Thanks....William

put her name on your utility bills, if you can add her name to anything leased.

notarized translation of everthing up front.

tons of family photos, emails, screen shots, letters

life insurance with Amanda as the benificiary, etc......

can you add someone as benificiary without an SSN-Jim

Yes, you can. I added my wife as the beneficiary to the Life Insurance, 401K, and IRA.

Yes, you can. I added my wife as the beneficiary to the Life Insurance, 401K, and IRA.

Thanks for the Info

Hi rogerinca:

Can you post or PM the sample California version for Affidavit. I am also from California.

Thanks....William

Is their a site with the Affidavits by state-Jim

Hi rogerinca:

Thanks....William

Instructions & Checklist General Affidavit - California

􀂉 This package includes (1) Instructions and Checklist; (2) General Affidavit under Oath; (3) General Affidavit before Notary

􀂉 There are two forms in this package: (1) One is a ¡°General Affidavit under Oath¡± where the Declarant (the person making the declaration who signs the Affidavit) states certain facts under oath or affirmation; (2) The second form is a ¡°General Affidavit before Notary¡± where the Declarant declares certain facts to be true after taking an oath before a Notary.

􀂉 Although two forms have been provided, only one of the two forms needs to be used. It is up to the Declarant (i.e. the person signing the affidavit and making the declaration) to decide which form is appropriate and which form to use.

􀂉 The ¡°General Affidavit before Notary¡± should be signed before a Notary and requires that the Notary give the Declarant an oath.

General Affidavit under Oath

I, _____________________________________________ (¡°Declarant¡±), am a resident of _________________________________, County of ______________________, State of California, and do hereby certify, swear or affirm, and declare that I am competent to give the following declaration based on my personal knowledge, unless otherwise stated, and that the following facts and things are true and correct to the best of my knowledge (insert facts):

WITNESS my signature this _________ day of ____________ (year and month).

Signature of Declarant

GENERAL AFFIDAVIT BEFORE NOTARY

I, _____________________________________________ (¡°Declarant¡±), am a resident of _________________________________, County of ______________________, State of _________________________________, and do hereby certify, swear or affirm, and declare that I am competent to give the following declaration based on my personal knowledge, unless otherwise stated, and that the following facts and things are true and correct to the best of my knowledge (insert facts):

Signature of Declarant

State of California )

County of ________________ )

Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this _____ day of _______, 20__, by

_______________________, personally known to me or proved to me on the basis of

satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) who appeared before me.

NOTARY PUBLIC SIGNATURE NOTARY PUBLIC SEAL

I did both of my affidavits as 'under oath'; I had no problem with this, although some will say have them notarized. Again, the non notarized worked very well for me.

Hi rogerinca:

Thanks....William

􀂉 This package includes (1) Instructions and Checklist; (2) General Affidavit under Oath; (3) General Affidavit before Notary

􀂉 There are two forms in this package: (1) One is a ¡°General Affidavit under Oath¡± where the Declarant (the person making the declaration who signs the Affidavit) states certain facts under oath or affirmation; (2) The second form is a ¡°General Affidavit before Notary¡± where the Declarant declares certain facts to be true after taking an oath before a Notary.

􀂉 Although two forms have been provided, only one of the two forms needs to be used. It is up to the Declarant (i.e. the person signing the affidavit and making the declaration) to decide which form is appropriate and which form to use.

􀂉 The ¡°General Affidavit before Notary¡± should be signed before a Notary and requires that the Notary give the Declarant an oath.

I, _____________________________________________ (¡°Declarant¡±), am a resident of _________________________________, County of ______________________, State of California, and do hereby certify, swear or affirm, and declare that I am competent to give the following declaration based on my personal knowledge, unless otherwise stated, and that the following facts and things are true and correct to the best of my knowledge (insert facts):

Signature of Declarant

I, _____________________________________________ (¡°Declarant¡±), am a resident of _________________________________, County of ______________________, State of _________________________________, and do hereby certify, swear or affirm, and declare that I am competent to give the following declaration based on my personal knowledge, unless otherwise stated, and that the following facts and things are true and correct to the best of my knowledge (insert facts):

Signature of Declarant

State of California )

Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this _____ day of _______, 20__, by

I did both of my affidavits as 'under oath'; I had no problem with this, although some will say have them notarized. Again, the non notarized worked very well for me.

Thanks Roger

• 2 weeks later...

-cut-

Photos: I have read some people put photos in the I-130 package and again in the I-129. I think it's a wait of time. In other words, it seems to me it a duplicate effect sending the same pictures to both place.

For the number of photos, I was told 20-25 should be enough. Each photo should have a short desciption. Any comments please.

Thanks...

Photos: I have read some people put photos in the I-130 package and again in the I-129. I think it's a wait of time. In other words, it seems to me it a duplicate effect sending the same pictures to both place.

For the number of photos, I was told 20-25 should be enough. Each photo should have a short desciption. Any comments please.

Thanks...

You think it's a waste of time ? Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think that at all !!

It's:

1. 2 different sets o forms

2. mailed 2 different times and

3. 2 different sets o people will review each form set

and you don't want to make the TWO SEPERATE petition submissions complete? You'd rather hope that 'something' will tip in your favor?

Pardon me, I really have problems following your logic.

Thanks...

You think it's a waste of time ? Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think that at all !!

It's:

1. 2 different sets o forms

2. mailed 2 different times and

3. 2 different sets o people will review each form set

and you don't want to make the TWO SEPERATE petition submissions complete? You'd rather hope that 'something' will tip in your favor?

Pardon me, I really have problems following your logic.

Yeah - you are talking about 2 different applications there. Don't assume that these are ever going to be combined at any point (maybe they will for the AOS, but that won't help your visa chances).

You're only talking about saving ink and paper.

The discussion here has been around "front-loading" the pictures. That is, to include the pictures with the initial submission. Doing this would make the pictures available to anyone who looks at the package at any stage - much sooner than waiting for P-4. This can be a big advantage at GUZ.

Actually, the changes for the I-130 came about in very early 2007.

They were already in place, when I first filed my I-130 in late April 2007, and VJ had already included the changes on their I-130 Guide, by April 2007. As I stated in post #6, I sensed a [change] in the dynamic at that time, as to how to approach the filing of the petition.

Hi rogerinca:

Thanks....William

Signature of Declarant

Signature of Declarant

State of California )

Thanks Roger, and Ditto Darnel