A Picture is Worth 1000 Words...

Speaking of old and new, that is exactly what named this pic I took in 2005....."old and new".

It is the Jin Mao building in Pudong, appearing dwarfed by an old building in Yu Yuan Gardens. This is one of my favorite pics.

http://i32.tinypic.com/b54rjr.jpg

Nice pic Ken. :lol: Brings back memories of Shanghai and walking around my mother-in-law's neighborhood,seeing the contrast between the old apartment buildings with laundry hanging from the windows and the skyscrapers rising in the background. Thanks for the nostalgia trip. ;)

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I do believe that most of us are more immersed in the Culture than we may realize.

LOL! My mom says I've turned into a Chinese :happybday:

Living with our spouses we certainly have studied China enough for the middle kingdom to have laid claim to some portion of our world view. She seems to have the entire essence of China embodied in herself. Studying her I'm studying China. Sometimes I call her that way. One time my wife had been away for a while and my brother was here visiting me and talking freely and when I told him that Ping was coming back he said "Oh. Then it's gonna be China in here again." The first and only time I've been to China it came near the end of my short stay and this day it was the ancient Grave Cleaning Day. I walked up the small mountain along with several family members to the gravesite of my wife's grandmother and we got on our knees and bumped our head against the stone then cleaned the place and burned that special paper. I got to have an in-depth experience from which I learned more about China than I am able to express in words.