Where have you visited/lived within China?

I know this is a very old thread, however, I'm posting anyway.

I have been to these places in China:

Beijing

Xi'an

Shanghai

Sichuan Province: Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou

Lijiang, Yunnan Province

ÎÒÓÎÀÀÁËÕâЩÖйúµØ·½£º

±±¾©

Î÷°²

ÉϺ£

ËÄ´¨Ê¡¡¢»ÆÁúºÍ¾ÅÕ¯¹µ

ÔÆÄÏÊ¡Àö½­ÊÐ

Well we just got back after a 60 day trip. We visited

Beijing, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Nanchang, Shangrao, Yantai, Weihai, Qingdao, Haikou, Chonghai, Shanghai, and Guilin. Oh and we bought an apartment in Weihai (Shandong province). I will post more on our new place in China. Before this we visited Dailian, Xian, and Hangzhou, as well as many smaller cities in Jiangxi province.

Weihai is by far the most wonderful city. It has some of the cleanest air in the world! and some of the nicest beaches.

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm gonna be buying a home just outside Shenyang in a couple of months, getting married at the same time, and then moving over to live later next year.

We are staying in the Shenyang area until "our" son gets through with his private schooling, then gettin' the heck out of that area.

My question to you, since you've been to both see Dalian and Weihai..and you bought in Weihai...what helped you make your decision?

My wife has been to Dalian and not Weihai and she really liked Dalian as it wasn't a dirty city like where she has lived all her life.

I'd really appreciate your take on the two, and what made your choice for you and your wife.

This isn't something that we're gonna be doing within a year of two, so I have plenty of time to get educated on both those areas. And, I've personally never been to either city, just looked them up on the internet. It's very interesting to me to hear from someone that has been to both cities.

Congrats on your house and your trip.

tsap seui

What has since happened to these plans Tsap? I dont know if it was this post alone or just how you typed back then, but you actually typed using normal words. I hope your still on a good track buddy, your time will be soon.

Well we just got back after a 60 day trip. We visited

Beijing, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Nanchang, Shangrao, Yantai, Weihai, Qingdao, Haikou, Chonghai, Shanghai, and Guilin. Oh and we bought an apartment in Weihai (Shandong province). I will post more on our new place in China. Before this we visited Dailian, Xian, and Hangzhou, as well as many smaller cities in Jiangxi province.

Weihai is by far the most wonderful city. It has some of the cleanest air in the world! and some of the nicest beaches.

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm gonna be buying a home just outside Shenyang in a couple of months, getting married at the same time, and then moving over to live later next year.

We are staying in the Shenyang area until "our" son gets through with his private schooling, then gettin' the heck out of that area.

My question to you, since you've been to both see Dalian and Weihai..and you bought in Weihai...what helped you make your decision?

My wife has been to Dalian and not Weihai and she really liked Dalian as it wasn't a dirty city like where she has lived all her life.

I'd really appreciate your take on the two, and what made your choice for you and your wife.

This isn't something that we're gonna be doing within a year of two, so I have plenty of time to get educated on both those areas. And, I've personally never been to either city, just looked them up on the internet. It's very interesting to me to hear from someone that has been to both cities.

Congrats on your house and your trip.

tsap seui

What has since happened to these plans Tsap? I dont know if it was this post alone or just how you typed back then, but you actually typed using normal words. I hope your still on a good track buddy, your time will be soon.

Well suh, I always did write redneck tawk jes like I tawk in person, but when I gits to aze'n serious questions you will find that I often write like a yankee. :lol:

Mark was an interesting feller when he wuz on here.

I see that post was in June of 2008. I bought my then girlfriend a house in here city and she moved into it in October of 2008. I made the decision for the home to be in her name, without mine attached to it, and, there is no mortgage. I went over in March of 2009 and married lil' rabbit, as well as deeply enjoyed how she had finished and furnished the home.

Back when that post was made by me we had rough plans for me to move to China and make a DCF type petition after marrying. I felt I really needed to find out what had happened to our K-1 denial (from May 2008, 10 months after her July 2007 interview), and, I had been dealing with the VA on my combat service connected PTSD disability claim at that time. So, we made the decision to file a petition from the states.

Luckily, I didn't just jump the gun and move over to China in early 2009. Many things have changed here, and greatly for the better for us, since I stayed here and worked on them.

Thanks for yer words of encouragement Amaro. I still have hopes of making my wife's dream come true of coming to America to live. One way or the other, our time to live together will be realised within the next 6 months. She will either get a visa in March 2011, or I WILL take Uncle Sam's VA and SSDI $4,600 per month taxfree money and go live with my family in our home in China.

With Uncle Sam's guaranteed income I figger we'll be able to buy a few bowls of rice and fish heads each month should the American government decide they no longer want an old volunteer of America to live in the land of the free, fought for by the brave. :) If I am pushed into living in China, we will make use of the home we have until our son goes to university in 3 years, then we will move to one of the two cities Mark and I discussed.....we ain't gonna be living in any HOT HUMID parts of China.

I'm really happy you got your dream.

tsap seui

By the way, during my first 4 trips to China, from meeting and leading up to lil' rabbit's interview, we never traveled to any other parts of China on my visits, we were too interested in getting to know each other and didn't need the distraction of traveling interfering with us getting to know each other. :)