what petition is suppose to go to NVC....i filled the k3,both my I-130,and my I-129f has been approved at VSC,yet i called the NVC,i kept typing in the I-129f reciept number in the automated phone service,it kept saying,no record of my case.I called VSC,and these people always scare me,they were unable to tell me if it was sent to NVC or not....and of course i wanted to crawl thru the phone line when she said"give it 30 days "....anyway today i typed in the I 130 reciept number,and sure enough it was entered into the system june 11th, i have a GUZ number

but i am confused,isn't the I-129f suppose to be the k3 visa.? maybe it is me who is wrong.sorry for the retarded question.

jimi

what petition is suppose to go to NVC....i filled the k3,both my I-130,and my I-129f has been approved at VSC,yet i called the NVC,i kept typing in the I-129f reciept number in the automated phone service,it kept saying,no record of my case.I called VSC,and these people always scare me,they were unable to tell me if it was sent to NVC or not....and of course i wanted to crawl thru the phone line when she said"give it 30 days "....anyway today i typed in the I 130 reciept number,and sure enough it was entered into the system june 11th, i have a GUZ number

but i am confused,isn't the I-129f suppose to be the k3 visa.? maybe it is me who is wrong.sorry for the retarded question.

jimi

Since your married, the I-129F is for the K3. Both go through NVC... give it 30 days :lol: :P

jimi

You are right; the I-129F is the form for the K3 visa. The rep may also be right although I wouldn't wait 30 days. Give it some time to flush through the system and call back in about two weeks and inquire again on the I-129F. Maybe they will have some information for you by then.

-good luck

Guest Rob & Jin

jimi

email NVC, I did and got a speedy response. Your K-3 could have been and gone from from NVC by now, check out the K-3 timelines in "circling GUZ" just days at NVC,.

Try calling DOS 202-663-1225-1+0, give them your ss#,as you dont have a GUZ # for K-3 you may be susprised.

NVC number, 603-334-0700.

NVC Email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

yes,i emailed them twice,they did not bother to return back to me(i checked my bulk folder also).I called their automated service,and i do have a guz #,but it is for the I-130,maybe it doesn't matter.,

i will call them, speak to a live person monday.

thanks

jimi

The I-129F for the K-3 will be forwarded to GUZ now.

The I-130 for the CR-1 - now you must do IV fees and additional forms, stateside. Once you've completed the 2 sets o forms and fees, it will be sent to GUZ for CR-1 processing.

If ya think yer in 'Cheetos' mode, I suggest ya reread the EZFAQ here on the site - it's chok full o great info.

Good Luck !

NVC does not post status for I-129F cases, only the I-130 gets status posted on their automated system.

I-129F passes through NVC in about 30 days or so, the I-130 stays at NVC for a while due to extra processing for CR-1 or IR-1 visa.

Many run both petitions, and hope the I-130 catches up to the K-3 at the consulate. If you keep the I-130 moving by paying the I-864 and visa fees, and it reaches the consulate before the K-3 interview, the consulate will drop the K-3 in favor of the superior CR-1/IR-1 visa.

CR-1/IR-1 gets green-card upon entry to the USA, this allows, Work, SSN, and applying for driver's license. K-3 is not work authorized, so cannot work, get SSN, or apply for driver's license until after getting EAD or Green-card, EAD can take 90 days or more to get.

If there are Kids involved, than the K3/K4 is the way to go, or one would have had to put an I-130 in for every person that was going to Immigrate to the USA...In my case I would have had to file three I-130's.

Tom and Ling

You will need to file I-130's for them anyway to adjust status after they arrive

jimi

email NVC, I did and got a speedy response. Your K-3 could have been and gone from from NVC by now, check out the K-3 timelines in "circling GUZ" just days at NVC,.

Try calling DOS 202-663-1225-1+0, give them your ss#,as you dont have a GUZ # for K-3 you may be susprised.

Well,I am no longer confused. dnoblett,is correct ,they do not post case status for the I-129f on the automated phone sysyem.I wonder why? Well this caused my confusion,i had a "GUZ#" for my I 130,so i called NVC on this,gave them my "guz #" and she told me,that they sent bill for fees to be paid,in other words, the CR1 visa,.Well i then called the NVC,gave them my NOA2 number for my I-129f,and sure enough,i have a GUZ# for it,and it has already been sent to china.I did not know this....but the moral of the story...is...you will need to call and talk to a real person to get this information (for the i 129f) it is not on the automated phone system,just as "dnoblett " said.

ok,no longer confused !!!!!

jimi