Jen received the N-400 NOA

I was pleasantly surprised!!! Jen is in China visiting her parents right now but I can¡¯t wait to call her to tell her later today.

On the NOA it did stated ¡°Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail.¡±

We went through the document check list, I don¡¯t know how many times, to make sure everything they want were sent. Here¡¯s the list of what we sent with the app (copies except for the check and photos of course):

Check for $675

Two passport style photos

Front and back copy of Jen¡¯s Green Card

My passport cover and signature page

Last 3 years joint income tax returns

Marriage Certificate

My divorce decree

Jen¡¯s divorce decree (including translation copy and translation certificate)

Our son¡¯s birth certificate

Deed showing both our names

Joint application for home equity line of credit

Bank statements showing both our names on the account

The only things I can think of that are ¡°missing¡± might be they want to see the IRS Tax Return Transcripts for the last three years instead of the copies of the return (which brings up the post from Carl on the transcript versus IRS 1722 letter) and maybe proof that Jen paid the traffic citation that she got 4 years ago which she listed on the application.

I¡¯ll post when we hear more. But so far so good!!

Edited by Tom & Jen (see edit history)

Tom,

Here in Indianapolis they required tax transcripts. And they asked for the 2 letters of reference of bonified relationship. I had one from my father and his wife and one from a co-worker that knows us well. That was last May.

Tine

On our appointment letter for the test they didn't ask for anything extra to bring. Just a checklist of things like passports, divorce decrees etc. We're taking transcripts since we dont have time to get certified ones and they don't issue the 1722 letter anymore.