How many times

I am really perplexed. I posted this in the after-the-interview section a few days ago and would really like to get some feedback. No one apparently read it there so I am putting it here since it is really still a "first step". We got the "Call in Letter" but still no visa.

We filed our "DCF" I-130 application in late August; got to the starting gate in six months; were issued a blue card; the blue was followed by a "Call in Letter" three months later, and now, four trips to the post office after that letter, still no visa. "It not here yet" (mei you la dao), they always say.

What are they doing? Is this normal? They said we could pick it up last Friday, and now it's this Thursday, in China.

It's either incompetence (the dog ate your visa), sadism or a complete lack of consideration. We are people, and what's more, we are an American citizen and his wife. What kind of people tell someone to come and get something like that (we aren't talking a large pepperoni pizza here) and then say "not today; try again tomorrow?"

I sense-concern-fear is that they are angling for an Administrative Review or some other manner of "reconsideration". It this normal? Do they often tell people to come and get the visa they have been issued but not give it to them? Did someone look at the two of us through the one-way mirror in the Consulate's secret post office viewing room and decide we should not be permitted to be in the US? Something about my camo dew rag . . . ?

It would be great stuff for a novel if it wasn't so agonizing and so disappointing. Will they ever give it to us? I e-mailed them two days ago.

Ol' buddy, they will soon have it fer ya. If'n the dawg ate the passport, just wait for a day or so and follow the dern dag around with a baggie, like Tommy Chong did when his dawg ate his stash. B)

Seriously, and it ain't often that I am, they've been have printer problems, or sum such contrived story...er...ah...ex-splanation.

That ol' passport with the travel ticket in it will soon be there.

tsap seui

Have white slip

Will travel

I am sorry to hear about your run around. You have been waiting so long already, and I wish they would just give it to you. I hope that they respond to your email and that it's a good response!! Good luck and please keep us updated!

Guest Rob & Jin

i think you should get it this week.

Next week (monday) is Dragon boat festival, my guess this could have the same effect on next week as m.day did on us.

It may depend on whether the VO returns the file to the workers to process before they all go on vacation (and how long they take off).

Well that's what a little birdie told us, sounds more plausible than the broken printer excuse.

anything with months attached to it is canned... it can be 3 months or 3 years... it sounds like admin processing if they say 3 months since otherwise they would be done.

This is a "don't call us, we'll call you" type of letter from what I think history has shown.

David - re-read his post there - they're waiting for the visa to arrive at the post office.

This is yet another cruel twist of the knife by the consulate, especially for those people who are unable to wait for the visa.

We've had petitioners who can't wait more than a couple of days in Guangzhou, and I'm sure beneficiaries who need to go back to their hometown. Couples are being separated one more time before they can go back to the states.

All because of this cruel new policy.

I am really perplexed. I posted this in the after-the-interview section a few days ago and would really like to get some feedback. No one apparently read it there so I am putting it here since it is really still a "first step". We got the "Call in Letter" but still no visa.

We filed our "DCF" I-130 application in late August; got to the starting gate in six months; were issued a blue card; the blue was followed by a "Call in Letter" three months later, and now, four trips to the post office after that letter, still no visa. "It not here yet" (mei you la dao), they always say.

What are they doing? Is this normal? They said we could pick it up last Friday, and now it's this Thursday, in China.

It's either incompetence (the dog ate your visa), sadism or a complete lack of consideration. We are people, and what's more, we are an American citizen and his wife. What kind of people tell someone to come and get something like that (we aren't talking a large pepperoni pizza here) and then say "not today; try again tomorrow?"

I sense-concern-fear is that they are angling for an Administrative Review or some other manner of "reconsideration". It this normal? Do they often tell people to come and get the visa they have been issued but not give it to them? Did someone look at the two of us through the one-way mirror in the Consulate's secret post office viewing room and decide we should not be permitted to be in the US? Something about my camo dew rag . . . ?

It would be great stuff for a novel if it wasn't so agonizing and so disappointing. Will they ever give it to us? I e-mailed them two days ago.

We got our Pink at the interview and than just two days later got the letter asking for more info at the post office. We heard quickly that they wanted more info.

[/guote]

David - re-read his post there - they're waiting for the visa to arrive at the post office.

All because of this cruel new policy.

Thanks to you all for your comments and encouragement. Yes, this is not a "3 month" letter, but waiting for Godot at the post office.

What is this "new policy" Randy? I am not aware of it.

We met a number of people in the same boat at the PO who had come from far off (Guangzhou is the only place for US visas, of course), and they are inconvenienced ~ and expensively, to say the least ~ by their wait.

Extra days or even weeks spent in hotels and eating in restaurants; burned plane tickets (yes, one woman bought a ticket before hand, in spite of the admonition not to). To say nothing of the spouses who made the trip to China just to be with their loved one to pick up the visa and return home together. It's especially miserable for them.

So the consensus is it will come; just keep waiting, right? That's good. We gotta head off the the Dragon Boat Festival . . .

What is this "new policy" Randy? I am not aware of it.

We met a number of people in the same boat at the PO who had come from far off (Guangzhou is the only place for US visas, of course), and they are inconvenienced ~ and expensively, to say the least ~ by their wait.

Extra days or even weeks spent in hotels and eating in restaurants; burned plane tickets (yes, one woman bought a ticket before hand, in spite of the admonition not to). To say nothing of the spouses who made the trip to China just to be with their loved one to pick up the visa and return home together. It's especially miserable for them.

So the consensus is it will come; just keep waiting, right? That's good. We gotta head off the the Dragon Boat Festival . . .

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=407258

Yes - just keep waiting - the "new policy" at one point was called a "printer failure" as they told rob & Jin. They seem to be taking a VERY inordinate amount of time lately, with no real explanation.