Visa Wait Time

Hi, everyone:

My wife had the consulate interview on May 29th. She got the pink slip.

But so far the visa hasn't arrived in the local post office. Is there any DOS number I can call to find out the status for my wife's visa? Thanks to those of you who are trying to help.

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi, everyone:

But so far the visa hasn't arrived in the local post office. Is there any DOS number I can call to find out the status for my wife's visa? Thanks to those of you who are trying to help.

yes, 202-663-1225-1-0

but remember they are 12 hours behind GUZ.

its better to track on EMS

The packets seem to arrive at the PO after 7pm, pick will be the next day.

However one intersting thing to note, once you know the PO has it you can call DOS, they will be able to tell you if visa is Approved/issued, that way you know what you are picking up :)

Oh you would need to be here in the USA to that

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/artifices-08.gifhttp://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/fireworks.gif

congrats! on the Pink!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/artifices-08.gifhttp://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/fireworks.gif

Hi, everyone:

My fiancee had her interview done on the 28th and she get the pink too. I emailed the consulate two days ago inquiring on the status since EMS still hasn't got her package. Then today someone at the consulate called my fiancee telling her that some computer/machine has broken down at the visa issuing dept. which is causing the delay. And they're working to resolve it asap. They have also assured my fiancee that nothing is wrong with our case and the visa will be issued once the problem is fixed.

Well, since I'm not the one taking the call so I couldn't ask the question. But what on earth could possibly broken down that can derail the visa issuance process! All you need is to put a damn visa chop on the passport and it's done!

Guest Rob & Jin

Hang in there guys, you will get it.

Trust me we know this wait is the most frustrating :angry:

Griz- there is no broken printer

From what the Yangs, lawyers in GUZ and other insiders say a wait up to 14 days is not unusual now :P

I'm sure you will all get them soon.

Faxing them, seems to get a speedy response (lie), but the one I sent sunday seemed to get them off their ass to print it.

good luck to all those waiting and scheduled for this week.

Hang in there guys, you will get it.

Trust me we know this wait is the most frustrating :angry:

Griz- there is no broken printer

From what the Yangs, lawyers in GUZ and other insiders say a wait up to 14 days is not unusual now :P

I'm sure you will all get them soon.

Faxing them, seems to get a speedy response (lie), but the one I sent sunday seemed to get them off their ass to print it.

good luck to all those waiting and scheduled for this week.

>Faxing them, seems to get a speedy response ......

Is this the fax number you use: (8620) 3884-4412? I've emailed them a few days ago and hope to get a response soon.

Is there actually a phone number that you can call in and talk to someone at the visa issuance dept?

TIA,

Pete

Day three and still not info via the EMS system on the visas arrival at the PO. Have been checking both the computer system in the evening and then the live agent in the a.m. via the phone.

I will drive on into downtown this later this a.m. (now 0630 China time) and will go on up to the 5th floor at GUZ and try to ascertain what the situation is. I will also stop by the coffee shop and say hi to Chris, who has his interview today.

I will report back later in my day, if I have some new info on the visa status.

Today is my daughter's last day of school and we will pick up her final school report for use at her new middle school in my city.

I am just so happy to have the interview behind us and the Pink slip in hand !!! This is just another one of those things that those of us in the May, June, July, filing group, have had to put up with; so I am not surprised :violin4: :happy2:

The real negative, is that I will now pick up more KG's, as I increasingly consume the Cantonese cuisine I so much love !! :happy2:

My wife and daughter are so happy right now. Lao Po reminded me last night, that I belong to her only, and that she has 'booked' me for life. :)

My wife and daughter are so happy right now. Lao Po reminded me last night, that I belong to her only, and that she has 'booked' me for life. :D

:P Did you tell your wife that you are booked for lunch with Gino & Lulu long time ago?? :ph34r:

We are so happy for you... :)

Finally our package shows up at the EMS on the 5th! I suppose my email to the consulate earlier helps to get things moving again :-)

Day three and still not info via the EMS system on the visas arrival at the PO. Have been checking both the computer system in the evening and then the live agent in the a.m. via the phone.

I will drive on into downtown this later this a.m. (now 0630 China time) and will go on up to the 5th floor at GUZ and try to ascertain what the situation is. I will also stop by the coffee shop and say hi to Chris, who has his interview today.

Today is my daughter's last day of school and we will pick up her final school report for use at her new middle school in my city.

I am just so happy to have the interview behind us and the Pink slip in hand !!! This is just another one of those things that those of us in the May, June, July, filing group, have had to put up with; so I am not surprised :) ;)

The real negative, is that I will now pick up more KG's, as I increasingly consume the Cantonese cuisine I so much love !! :jump:

My wife and daughter are so happy right now. Lao Po reminded me last night, that I belong to her only, and that she has 'booked' me for life. :D

OK, I have two very beautiful USA Visas in my hand now !! One says K-3 and the other K-4; issue date 06-05-2008.

They also returned to me, in a separate envelope, all my glossy color 8x10 photos, which I had included with I-129F petition. And, also to my surprise, there was a separate envelope, with all of my [original] notarized documents, the marriage cert, both birth cert's, and the notarized family book and passports for each of them, which I had included in my three inch thick petition file.

Even though they do not require orig's, I thought they made a nicer presentation than the ugly B+W photo copies. They cost money to have notarized and translated, so it was nice to have them back for use later.

Also, was the big brown envelope with all of the docs needed at the POE.

There is still more to the process after the interview. They recheck/audit the case file; they must produce the actual visas for attachment to the passports; and they must produce and prepare all of the documents for the sealed envelope, for the POE officers; and then they must enter/update all of the pertinent info to activate the visas and update the record/file in the DOS computer data base.

Right now there are a tremendous number of student visas being processed, along with the K series and CR series and DCF's; as well as all the family visas, tourism visas and a whole bunch of adoptions going on right now, which also require visa processing. During my interview wait, I observed a line of at least fifty Chinese students march on up to the 5th floor in a line. Then last evening, as I departed the 5th floor, I observed a room full of happy adoptive parents all waiting in the room with the VO windows.

Bottom line, this is a very busy Consulate and I think both seasonaly (summer travel time and student travel time) and with just ever increasing demand for K-visas, the workload is really huge for these people. IMHO. :redblob:

Guest Mike and Lily

I am just so happy to have the interview behind us and the Pink slip in hand !!! This is just another one of those things that those of us in the May, June, July, filing group, have had to put up with; so I am not surprised :) ;)

The real negative, is that I will now pick up more KG's, as I increasingly consume the Cantonese cuisine I so much love !! :jump:

OK, I have two very beautiful USA Visas in my hand now !! One says K-3 and the other K-4; issue date 06-05-2008.

They also returned to me, in a separate envelope, all my glossy color 8x10 photos, which I had included with I-129F petition. And, also to my surprise, there was a separate envelope, with all of my [original] notarized documents, the marriage cert, both birth cert's, and the notarized family book and passports for each of them, which I had included in my three inch thick petition file.

Even though they do not require orig's, I thought they made a nicer presentation than the ugly B+W photo copies. They cost money to have notarized and translated, so it was nice to have them back for use later.

Also, was the big brown envelope with all of the docs needed at the POE.

There is still more to the process after the interview. They recheck/audit the case file; they must produce the actual visas for attachment to the passports; and they must produce and prepare all of the documents for the sealed envelope, for the POE officers; and then they must enter/update all of the pertinent info to activate the visas and update the record/file in the DOS computer data base.

Right now there are a tremendous number of student visas being processed, along with the K series and CR series and DCF's; as well as all the family visas, tourism visas and a whole bunch of adoptions going on right now, which also require visa processing. During my interview wait, I observed a line of at least fifty Chinese students march on up to the 5th floor in a line. Then last evening, as I departed the 5th floor, I observed a room full of happy adoptive parents all waiting in the room with the VO windows.

Bottom line, this is a very busy Consulate and I think both seasonaly (summer travel time and student travel time) and with just ever increasing demand for K-visas, the workload is really huge for these people. IMHO. :redblob:

Congrats Rog. You're on your way! Geez, did you just get them at 6 AM GUZ time, or you just can't sleep? Have a safe trip home!

It's encouraging to hear (Rob and Jin) that we are not alone, and that many, if not all visas issued now are subject to pretty lengthy delays arriving at the Post Office. At least they haven't singled us out!

As far as the picking the thing up at the Consulate is concerned, they simply don't do that, ridiculous as it may seem.

Imagine going to the bank to withdraw $10,000 and the bank hands you a receipt and tells you to pick it up at the post office in a few days? So much could happen between the bank and the post office. And an immigration visa is worth at least that much: we all have that invested in application fees, air tickets, hotels, restaurants, medical evaluations, sightseeing, etc.

As I previously conjectured, sending it to the Chinese post office seems like a cash cow for the Chinese government. A way to get a cut from all the Chinese citizens emigrating to the US. Twenty Yuan a pop. But it does cause headaches for everyone.

Good news on the PINK! :P :P :sosad:

This delay on the arrival of the VISA appears persistent. Any news on this?

Can't you just stick around and pick it up at the Consulate?