co-sponsor retired

I had a couple of questions about co-sponsors

1- My co-sponsors are married (my parents) and file taxes jointly, so do they both have to fill out I-134s that are exactly the same?

2- My parents are retired, so would that work as a co-sponsor? Because he can't get a letter from his former-employer and his W2s (as well as my moms) are all from retirement income.

Thanks, I know there have been similar questions, but nothing I could find with clear answers.

I had a couple of questions about co-sponsors

1- My co-sponsors are married (my parents) and file taxes jointly, so do they both have to fill out I-134s that are exactly the same?

2- My parents are retired, so would that work as a co-sponsor? Because he can't get a letter from his former-employer and his W2s (as well as my moms) are all from retirement income.

Thanks, I know there have been similar questions, but nothing I could find with clear answers.

Show bank statements, deposits, and check stubs. A long as their income (combined with yours) is above the poverty line, you're okay.

If they can separate their income (use check stubs/deposits for one parent), then only one need file as long as they received enough income.

Alright then maybe I should ask this:

1- My income was just above the 125% poverty line ($18,140) but some of that is from income that isn't on a W2. Some of it was from when I worked in China, I put it on my tax return but I never had any W2s from China. But my other two years were fine. Will that work?

2- Alternately, I have another sponsor (sister) who is not retired, whom I'd rather use as a sponsor, from 2006 and 2007 her income was fine, but her income in 2005 was too low. So: Do I need all three years of co-sponsors income taxes etc?

Thanks so much for your help one-and-all

1- My income was just above the 125% poverty line ($18,140) but some of that is from income that isn't on a W2. Some of it was from when I worked in China, I put it on my tax return but I never had any W2s from China. But my other two years were fine. Will that work?

2- Alternately, I have another sponsor (sister) who is not retired, whom I'd rather use as a sponsor, from 2006 and 2007 her income was fine, but her income in 2005 was too low. So: Do I need all three years of co-sponsors income taxes etc?

You need proof of income. It seems like you're saying that the tax return includes it in the Adjusted Gross Income. If you have 1099's, and/or check stubs, or any kind of statement (deposit slips or bank statements) to show the deposit, that's additional proof. If your provable income is above the 125%, you're fine.

It wouldn't hurt to have all 3 years available. With the I-184, what they ask for varies - sometimes they don't look at it at all.

You need proof of income. It seems like you're saying that the tax return includes it in the Adjusted Gross Income. If you have 1099's, and/or check stubs, or any kind of statement (deposit slips or bank statements) to show the deposit, that's additional proof. If your provable income is above the 125%, you're fine.

It wouldn't hurt to have all 3 years available. With the I-184, what they ask for varies - sometimes they don't look at it at all.

Thanks Randy,

But I'm sorry, I should say that I'm filling out a I-134 (is it the same 3-year requirement?)

But are you saying that I need deposit slips or something from 2007? I'm fairly certain I don't have them, my bank letter (that shows deposits for the last year) shows that I deposited more than 125% the poverty line, would that count or not?

Do the best you can. Whatever you already have should be good enough.

Also, I was wondering about the "employment letter." Obviously he can't get that but I was wondering if there is anyone out there who had these circumstances when they went to the interview and passed/failed? Thanks.