Share your Favorite Love Songs (Youtube)

Erika, as a former musician, and as an eternally romantic type man...the most powerfully romantic and meaningful love song I ever heard in my life is a song by Stevie Wonder called "There is a Ribbon in the Sky For You and I". Maybe a search would be for the words "RIbbon in the Sky"

We're all different in our tastes and there are many many GREAT love songs. As a former musician I have played many great love songs, but this simple love song by Stevie Wonder impacted me the most. It's just Stevie Wonder playing his piano and singing.

Ol' Stevie is a true genius as a song writer, and he is blind. While he wrote many commercially successful songs, I think his gift as a writer may stem from his blindness forcing him to look inwardly to the heart, and not having his heart clouded with the view from outside. :blink:

Just the view from an outwardly simpleton redneck with a very enigmatic inner core and view on life. :P

tsap seui

Have White slip

Will travel

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erika, as a former musician, and as an eternally romantic type man...the most powerfully romantic and meaningful love song I ever heard in my life is a song by Stevie Wonder called "There is a Ribbon in the Sky For You and I". Maybe a search would be for the words "RIbbon in the Sky"

We're all different in our tastes and there are many many GREAT love songs. As a former musician I have played many great love songs, but this simple love song by Stevie Wonder impacted me the most. It's just Stevie Wonder playing his piano and singing.

Ol' Stevie is a true genius as a song writer, and he is blind. While he wrote many commercially successful songs, I think his gift as a writer may stem from his blindness forcing him to look inwardly to the heart, and not having his heart clouded with the view from outside. :lol:

Just the view from an outwardly simpleton redneck with a very enigmatic inner core and view on life. :blink:

tsap seui

Have White slip

Will travel

I LOVE Stevie Wonder! I love Ribbon in the Sky. The first time I showed hubby a video of Stevie Wonder singing I Just Called to Say I Love You, hubby was like why is he bobbing his head around? And I was like HELLO!! He's blind, do you not see how talented he is?!?! And hubby was like, well I didn't know he was blind, and now he loves Stevie Wonder too. :lol:

Erika, as a former musician, and as an eternally romantic type man... with a very enigmatic inner core and view on life. :blink:

tsap seui

Have White slip

Will travel

I love seeing this side of you, man... and the new stuff in your timeline spot is so right on

I think ms. rabbit got lucky (as tom petty might say) :lol:

my all-time favorite is short and sweet and simple and that's what makes it so powerful

from the guy that led the way for me thru so many ups and downs, like the older brother I never had -

Love is real , real is love

Love is feeling , feeling love

Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love

Love is reaching, reaching love

Love is asking to be loved

Love is you,

You and me -

Love is knowing

we can be

Love is free, free is love

Love is living, living love

Love is needing to be loved

John Lennon

The music is really nice too, but the video is not so great if you don't know what's going on and why -

Erika, as a former musician, and as an eternally romantic type man... with a very enigmatic inner core and view on life. :blink:

tsap seui

Have White slip

Will travel

I love seeing this side of you, man... and the new stuff in your timeline spot is so right on

I think ms. rabbit got lucky (as tom petty might say) :lol:

Thank ya Jim. Ol' John wrote a song to Yoko that pretty much sums up my love and feelings for my lil' rabbit...."Woman".

I get teary eyed hearing that song.

tsap seui

Lemonaide man...throw your lemons at me life...I'll take them, make lemonaide, and SELL it!!!! :lol:

Most of the songs I mentioned can't be found on YouTube. Some can, though.

If you just want to listen to the songs or put them on your MP3 player or computer playlist, you can get almost of them through Baidu mp3

Here's the same list of love songs with Chinese characters (which you need for Baidu):

×îÀËÂþµÄÊÂ, sung by ÕÔÓ½»ª

ÃØÃÜ (Secret), by ½­ÃÀç÷

Magic Love, by Áõºçèë

Kind of a backhanded love/insult: ´óÂé·³, by ÐìÈô¬u (Vivian Xu).

°®ºÞ½»Ö¯, by Íò·¼

²»¹ÜÓëÄãµÄ·¶à¿à, by ÄÇÓ¢

ÄãÊÇÎÒµÄÈË, by ÄÇÓ¢

½ñÒ¹ÄãÊDz»ÊÇÅãÎһؼÒ, by ÌïÕð(blues)

²»»», by Íò·¼

Ó¸Ò, by ÁõÈôÓ¢

ÓÂÆø, by Áº¾²Èç

ÐÄÇéµçÌÝ, by ÎâÃû»Û

ÖÆÔìÀËÂþ by ³Â»ÛÁÕ

À¶É«ÆìÅÛ, by ·¶ÏþÝæ

ÑÕÉ«, by ÐíÃÀ¾²

Di Da Di, Àîçä

·¢ÌÌ, by ÎÂá°

²»·Å¹ýÄã, by Áõ´¿Èç

ÖÁÉÙ»¹ºóÄã (Sentimental), by ÁÖÒäÁ«

ɵ¹Ï, by ËÕ»ÛÂ×

·É»úÉϵļ¸¸öСʱ, by ·¶ÏþÝæ (good for on the way to China to see your SO)

°ëÊ׸è, by ÐíÈçÜ¿

°ÑÑô¹â¶¼¸øÄã, Íò·¼

Most of the songs I mentioned can't be found on YouTube. Some can, though.

If you just want to listen to the songs or put them on your MP3 player or computer playlist, you can get almost of them through Baidu mp3

Here's the same list of love songs with Chinese characters (which you need for Baidu):

×îÀËÂþµÄÊÂ, sung by ÕÔÓ½»ª

ÃØÃÜ (Secret), by ½­ÃÀç÷

Magic Love, by Áõºçèë

Kind of a backhanded love/insult: ´óÂé·³, by ÐìÈô¬u (Vivian Xu).

°®ºÞ½»Ö¯, by Íò·¼

²»¹ÜÓëÄãµÄ·¶à¿à, by ÄÇÓ¢

ÄãÊÇÎÒµÄÈË, by ÄÇÓ¢

½ñÒ¹ÄãÊDz»ÊÇÅãÎһؼÒ, by ÌïÕð(blues)

²»»», by Íò·¼

Ó¸Ò, by ÁõÈôÓ¢

ÓÂÆø, by Áº¾²Èç

ÐÄÇéµçÌÝ, by ÎâÃû»Û

ÖÆÔìÀËÂþ by ³Â»ÛÁÕ

À¶É«ÆìÅÛ, by ·¶ÏþÝæ

ÑÕÉ«, by ÐíÃÀ¾²

Di Da Di, Àîçä

·¢ÌÌ, by ÎÂá°

²»·Å¹ýÄã, by Áõ´¿Èç

ÖÁÉÙ»¹ºóÄã (Sentimental), by ÁÖÒäÁ«

ɵ¹Ï, by ËÕ»ÛÂ×

·É»úÉϵļ¸¸öСʱ, by ·¶ÏþÝæ (good for on the way to China to see your SO)

°ëÊ׸è, by ÐíÈçÜ¿

°ÑÑô¹â¶¼¸øÄã, Íò·¼

thank you thank you thank you !

baidu makes me crazy, I know there's so much I would like there but if you can't read and write the language, forget it sure wish they would make an english version, or at least some subtitles that say click here for the oldies, here for the female pop, here for the male pop, etc

oh well, one more thing to spend time doing with wife and daughter next time I'm there, memorizing what is where

Apparently, Baidu doesn't separate guys from girls.

But the ¸èÊÖÁбí (list of singers/bands) is here.

And "¸è´Ê" (geci) is "lyrics".

Apparently, Baidu doesn't separate guys from girls.

But the ¸èÊÖÁбí (list of singers/bands) is here.

And "¸è´Ê" (geci) is "lyrics".

aha ! the key to a gold mine ! my weekend is now officially absorbed :)

i have a feeling that the lyrics will not be in english if i could find them but that's ok, i love just listening to the flow of the language even i have no idea what is being said - thank you soooooo much !

Hehehe, my hubby and I practically live on baidu. :)

Sometimes for really popular songs you can find translations on google, etc. That's what I used to do before I could understand anything. That or use google translator, even though sometimes you get wacky results.

Now that AMafan posted the characters (thank you so much!!) I can go search for them on baidu. Hehehehe. My weekend (or at least part of it) will be occupied too!!!!

I'm always happy to share the gift of music.

Listening to Chinese music helped me immensely in improving my Chinese. It's probably not much help if you don't know Chinese at all, but there's still some good music.

I tried to start up some Chinese music topics earlier, but no one seemed interested.

Now that I know you two are, I'm more than happy to provide help and guidance.

If you find a song you really like and want to know the meaning, PM me with the name and artist, and I'll give you a rough translation.

Or let me know if you like a certain style (anything but dance/hip-hop; I don't like that kind of music, so I haven't sought out any Chinese artists that do it), and I can suggest a few songs and/or artists that do it, to help your search get started.

I'm always happy to share the gift of music.

Listening to Chinese music helped me immensely in improving my Chinese. It's probably not much help if you don't know Chinese at all, but there's still some good music.

I tried to start up some Chinese music topics earlier, but no one seemed interested.

Now that I know you two are, I'm more than happy to provide help and guidance.

If you find a song you really like and want to know the meaning, PM me with the name and artist, and I'll give you a rough translation.

Or let me know if you like a certain style (anything but dance/hip-hop; I don't like that kind of music, so I haven't sought out any Chinese artists that do it), and I can suggest a few songs and/or artists that do it, to help your search get started.

I love music too! I was a BG (yes, a band geek, not a Bee Gee, although I like them! Haha)

Anyway, hubby and I spent the entire day on baidu. He was showing me some of his other faves and also getting some good Japanese songs from the group Beyond.

I like things along the lines of Guang Liang, but really, I'm into every kind of music except for those really bad emo songs that have been coming out lately. I also love classical music, so if there are any good Chinese instrumentals I would love to have some suggestions on those too!

• 3 weeks later...