Interview Questions & Result

My fiance, Sakha, had her interview at the US Embassy in Phnom Penh on 20 May 2008. They only asked about three questions, and I think this was because I sent Sakha in with my passport. My passport showed them that not only had I been "living on the plane" (10 trips!) but that I flew over for her interview as well.

The questions were:

1) "How did you meet your fiance?"

This was an easy one to answer, we met through a friend and we had some docs to support that.

2) "Why do you love an old(er) man?"

I'm 20 years older than Sakha. She says the interviewer said "old man" but I think she actually said "older man". At least my fragile male ego hopes so. :smartass:

Sakha answered this very simply; I'll put her response here more or less verbatim. She said, "Young man no care about my heart, no care about love, just want to play, have 2nd wife, no good to my heart. No love me for real. Older man, he love my heart, take care of me, really love me, no want to play or hurt my heart."

The interviewer liked that response a lot, according to my fiance.

3) The third question was whether or not Sakha had children. She said "No", but that we will probably have a child once she's in the USA and we're married.

That was about it. The interviewer wanted to see my 2007 taxes and sent Sakha back out to me to get them (I was waiting outside the embassy), but they're still in process and weren't available. I sent Sakha back in with 2006 and asked her to tell them that's all we had at the moment.

That was about it....Sakha came out with a card instructing her to come back in 3 days on the 23rd to get her visa (which we did).

The End (or maybe just The Beginning!)

Edited by RunningWithScissors (see edit history)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/fireworks.gif

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/artifices-08.gif

Congrats!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/artifices-08.gifhttp://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/artifices-08.gif

Congrats RWS. Gonna miss those "comprehensive" trip reports. ;) :D

Well.....I still have this last one to do, plus some miscellaneous stuff to add, so stay tuned. :lol:

There's a very funny addition to the "why do you love an old(er) man" question that I'll get to in a day or so. :) :)

Congratulations and welcome to the U.S.

Okay, finally had a moment to add this...it was worth it. :lol:

In response to the "Why do you love an old(er) man?" question, my fiance said "Young man no care about my heart, no care about love, just want to play, have 2nd wife, no good to my heart. No love me for real. Older man, he love my heart, take care of me, really love me, no want to play or hurt my heart."

I asked my fiance how the interviewer liked that answer and the conversation went something like this:

Fiance: "She said I am a lady and must leave."

Me: "What?"

Fiance: "I saw her thumb. I am the leaving lady."

Me: (confused) "What?"

Fiance: "She show me her thumb, she said I am a girl."

Me: (really confused) "I don't understand..."

Fiance: (exasperated with my denseness) "Her thumb! I am a going girl, she said it!"

Me: (head explodes) "What the ?!?!"

Fiance: "Yes, that I am to go as a girl. With her thumb, she make a thumb to me!"

Me: (writhing on ground) "What the...Oh Christ, I give up!!!"

After a little more head exploding and writhing and whatnot, I finally determined what happened. My fiance gave her answer and the interviewer gave her the "thumbs up" and said "You go, Girl!"

Edited by RunningWithScissors (see edit history)

Okay, finally had a moment to add this...it was worth it. :sosad:

In response to the "Why do you love an old(er) man?" question, my fiance said "Young man no care about my heart, no care about love, just want to play, have 2nd wife, no good to my heart. No love me for real. Older man, he love my heart, take care of me, really love me, no want to play or hurt my heart."

I asked my fiance how the interviewer liked that answer and the conversation went something like this:

Fiance: "She said I am a lady and must leave."

Me: "What?"

Fiance: "I saw her thumb. I am the leaving lady."

Me: (confused) "What?"

Fiance: "She show me her thumb, she said I am a girl."

Me: (really confused) "I don't understand..."

Fiance: (exasperated with my denseness) "Her thumb! I am a going girl, she said it!"

Me: (head explodes) "What the ?!?!"

Fiance: "Yes, that I am to go as a girl. With her thumb, she make a thumb to me!"

Me: (writhing on ground) "What the...Oh Christ, I give up!!!"

After a little more head exploding and writhing and whatnot, I finally determined what happened. My fiance gave her answer and the interviewer gave her the "thumbs up" and said "You go, Girl!"

:angry: