Using AP when going through Seattle

Today Sunshine flew back from Shanghai through Seattle with one of her original AP papers and a photocopy, as has been suggested on this site by others.

Upon arrival, she was pulled aside and asked where the other original AP form was. She replied it was at home (in South Dakota). She was told by the immigration officer that she should have received 3 copies from USCIS (like most others Sunshine only received 2). The officer also mentioned she should have at least 2 copies with her on arrival. He said "many lawyers mentioned that you only need to keep one copy with you, but they are wrong."

Trouble is, there is nothing on the form that indicates she needed 2 copies on arrival.

He let her go through after a 15 minute delay while he checked with another officer. He took the AP copy and let her keep the original AP. On her I-94 stamp, she was given a year of "legal presence".

Just wanted to warn others that it might be a good idea to travel with both copies of AP, at least through Seattle.

My wife has a K3 visa and is leaving tomorrow to take her son back home. It is my understanding that a K3 is a multiple entry visa. Should I worry that she will not be able to return?

No worries - just make sure that it doesn't hit the 2 year expiration date. The K-1 is single entry, so AP is necessary, But not the K-3.

My wife has a K3 visa and is leaving tomorrow to take her son back home. It is my understanding that a K3 is a multiple entry visa. Should I worry that she will not be able to return?

Check the expiration date. A K3 is good for multiple entries, but - if she misses the expiration date, she'll be stuck for a bit. I think she'll be ok.