I received a RFE letter today for the K3 I filed earlier this year.

It is asking for marriage certificate, NOA1 from the I-130... I825a... basically everything, all due by the middle of June... I don't intend to give this information since I'm not interested in getting a K3. I was told by USCIS that I only needed to send the I129f app and the the noa1.. now they change? :o :o

What thoughts do you "distingushed men" have about this?

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

The I-129F is an petition for a K-3 visa. Why did you send this in?

You can cancel the petition, if you don't wish to follow through.

You are right, it is a K3 :o

I sent it in because i waited almost 2 years for a noa2 on my I-130 :blink: , at the time, I felt I had to do something since I kind of want my wife here on U.S. soil. ;)

I know I can cancel it... I was given advice not to cancel anything with the USCIS... :unsure: that is why I started this post.

USCIS 'said' ? You had a conversation with a USCIS staff member?

If that's the case, they misled you.

If you are filing a K-3, that's usually a dual thingie, starting with an I-130 then the I-129F. You absolutely have to supply ALL of the documents that are ASKED FOR in the INSTRUCTIONS of the I-129F, as it pertains to the K-3. Reread the directions, you'll see that what is asked for on the RFE is a 'minimalistic set o stuff' .

Basically, if you made a kitchen sink for the I-130, you send it in again for the I-129F for the K-3. It's double the amount of paperwork. That's by design.

Good Luck !

Yes, they misled me. A staff member told me all I had to send was the application and the I-797(NOA1) from the I-130.

I guess if I don't respond by thier date, they will cancel the I129f, which is fine with me, I don't want to proceed with it just the same.

Yes, they misled me. A staff member told me all I had to send was the application and the I-797(NOA1) from the I-130.

I guess if I don't respond by thier date, they will cancel the I129f, which is fine with me, I don't want to proceed with it just the same.

In essence,they are right about the app and the NOA1 from the I-130.

But - what apparently went UNSAID is that you absolutely have to file all of the additional paperwork with the I-129F. THere's a list. I can't believe it's me that's saying this to you - but -

read and reread - http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm

You get no special treatment from USCIS just because you won a case against them.

Yes, an IR-1 is a much better route at this stage of the game.

You get no special treatment from USCIS just because you won a case against them.

Actually I didn't win a case. There was no judgement in court against them, in fact the case is still open and no movement. I simply presented evidence to the U.S District Court that there was no reason I wasn't receiving due process from them. I'm pleased I did finally receive a decision in a long drawn out petition through no fault of mine.

What thoughts do you "distingushed men" have about this?

The only one that is useful to me?

why did you piss off your document checker

OK. To me, if a person asks 'why do I get an RFE on an I-129F used to file a K-3', lists the documents that were missing from the K-3 submittal that this RFE asks for, and then further states that they will STOP a K-3, I have to WONDER who was checking yer documents.

You know - that ONE person you had on yer TEAM that was checking YOUR document collection and making sure that everything YOU sent in to USCIS was COMPLETE.

Whoever that ONE person is, its my opinion that you've pissed them off right prior to you submitting the I-129F paperwork - cause that ONE person absolutely f*cked up yer packet.

So I ask again - why did you piss off your document checker?

Please understand me - I've gotten great help from the forum and the members of this forum for my own paperwork processing. I've learned a lot. I try to be helpful in return. But the 'condition' that you've described to me? I am totally askew with disbelief, as what you've just done, imo, resembles a FUBAR'd situation.

If you have a K-3 visa petition, then you've submitted the I-130 and the I-129F.

So far, you dinna give the USCIS all of the required documentation for the I-129F portion of the K-3.

If I have not been precise enough with my phrasing here, I apologize profusely.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

OK. To me, if a person asks 'why do I get an RFE on an I-129F used to file a K-3', lists the documents that were missing from the K-3 submittal that this RFE asks for, and then further states that they will STOP a K-3, I have to WONDER who was checking yer documents.

You know - that ONE person you had on yer TEAM that was checking YOUR document collection and making sure that everything YOU sent in to USCIS was COMPLETE.

Whoever that ONE person is, its my opinion that you've pissed them off right prior to you submitting the I-129F paperwork - cause that ONE person absolutely f*cked up yer packet.

So I ask again - why did you piss off your document checker?

Please understand me - I've gotten great help from the forum and the members of this forum for my own paperwork processing. I've learned a lot. I try to be helpful in return. But the 'condition' that you've described to me? I am totally askew with disbelief, as what you've just done, imo, resembles a FUBAR'd situation.

If you have a K-3 visa petition, then you've submitted the I-130 and the I-129F.

So far, you dinna give the USCIS all of the required documentation for the I-129F portion of the K-3.

If I have not been precise enough with my phrasing here, I apologize profusely.

. . . uh, Darnell I think his document checker is himself.

. . . uh, Darnell I think his document checker is himself.

you are right.

But just the same, I wasn't asking Darnell for his opinion.... I was asking for useful information. Not someone telling me I screwed myself. Which I did not. I have every document that they are asking for, but I choose not to send it.

Quite frankly, I don't care about the K3... I've waited almost 2 years for a NOA2, the K3 is mostly useless to me. I'm waiting for a IR1 :) :cheering:

Just the same thanks for your opinion Darnell, everyone has "one".