p-3 arrived today!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for example if you confirmed that NVC sent out your case on Feb 12, 2007. Then in DHL.com 's track by reference section,

you type: EXP 11 FEB 2008A or EXP 11 FEB 2008B

under the "date range" put 02/12/08 to 02/12/2008. If you should be able to see a list of shipments went out from US Dept of State. Make sure you look into the one that contains US Diplomatic Papers.

This is not 100% accurate, but mostly if you have confirmed sent out date NVC, your case should be with that shipment.

Thank you!

Okay, I tried that, and I did not see anything that went out from US Dept of State. I only saw a handful, and they all were coming out of NH, and only one was going to Guangzhou. The problem is, it showed delayed in Guangzhou. Do you think this is the right one? Why would it be delayed?

Sent out: 5/9/2008

To: GUANGZHOU, CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC

5/18/2008 8:50 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/17/2008 2:25 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/16/2008 9:50 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/15/2008 9:07 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/14/2008 9:47 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/13/2008 11:06 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/12/2008 10:10 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/12/2008 3:47 pm Transit through DHL facility Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/12/2008 3:47 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/12/2008 3:47 pm Processing for clearance Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/11/2008 10:29 pm Processing for clearance Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/11/2008 10:25 pm Transit through DHL facility Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/11/2008 10:25 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

5/11/2008 2:30 pm Depart Facility Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong

5/11/2008 2:29 pm Processed at DHL Location. Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong

5/11/2008 12:33 pm Transit through DHL facility Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong

5/10/2008 6:14 am Depart Facility Wilmington, OH

5/10/2008 1:57 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH

5/10/2008 1:36 am Transit through DHL facility Wilmington, OH

5/9/2008 10:35 pm Depart Facility Newburgh, NY

5/9/2008 10:15 pm Transit through DHL facility Newburgh, NY

5/9/2008 9:23 pm Depart Facility Portland - Airport, ME

5/9/2008 9:19 pm Transit through DHL facility Portland - Airport, ME

5/9/2008 8:45 pm Depart Facility Portsmouth, NH

5/9/2008 3:43 pm Processed at DHL Location. Portsmouth, NH

5/9/2008 2:52 pm Shipment picked up Portsmouth, NH

Okay, I tried that, and I did not see anything that went out from US Dept of State. I only saw a handful, and they all were coming out of NH, and only one was going to Guangzhou. The problem is, it showed delayed in Guangzhou. Do you think this is the right one? Why would it be delayed?

I should have scrolled down the web page more. Doh!

Sure enough, it shows that it is diplomatic papers leaving the US Dept of State. I called DHL to inquire as to the 10 day delay. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow.

Sure enough, it shows that it is diplomatic papers leaving the US Dept of State. I called DHL to inquire as to the 10 day delay. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=28295

According to DHL, several attempts to contact GZ to resolve the issue have gone unanswered. It has now been more than 5 weeks, and GZ has failed to resolve this issue. If anyone is affected by this delay, you may consider requesting your legislators to make an inquiry for you.

Congrats! Looking at some peoples time line my visa process has taken much longer O.o but were in the 59 group so it will all be over soon!!!

As far as I know, GZ ML is confirmed Chinese citizen's address with section 58 this week for P3, so I just assume that maybe I can expect mine as early as beginning of July since I am section 64. Just my guess though. I am trying to arrange time off to see my SO in China, so I want to know when would be the best time to go since I want to go again when interview comes.

Looks like you got in a bit of a snag your self at the end! For anyone who cares, I think mine took extra time because of all the evidence I put in! It was about an inch and a half thick when I sent it and I'm sure its only grown.

Welcome new members! =) Hope we all get the P3 very soon

Carl hopefully your "open/P3 mailed" is shorter than mine.

Yes, I think this is the one. I think it is common that Chinese custom delay in taking it, because the shipment is consider holding sensitive documents. Keep an eye on the DHL tracking. It might soon say GZ ML pick it up! Good luck!

For what it's worth, I did hear back from DHL, and according to them, this delay is not truly a "held up in customs" delay (that's just how their automated website displays it). The package is actually out of their hands, but not yet processed by the US consulate. Because is it political papers, DHL will not change the status until the consulate processes in the package.

thank you! mine was just sent out from nvc on 5/20, i don't expect to hear about P3 until maybe july/august. though, i don't think i can rest my mind. i probably will still check DHL like 3 times a day. i know i am crazy, but i cannot relax until my husband gets his visa.

thank you! mine was just sent out from nvc on 5/20, i don't expect to hear about P3 until maybe july/august. though, i don't think i can rest my mind. i probably will still check DHL like 3 times a day. i know i am crazy, but i cannot relax until my husband gets his visa.

A couple of thoughts, keeping in mind, I understand completely your feelings. <_<

First, in the past several weeks, the record appears to show that the processing times have decreased dramatically, from what they were, about this time last year. It appears that the K-1 and K-3 visas will soon return to last year’s typical filing to interview time of 7.5 to 8.5 months.

Next, I never gave much attention to the DHL tracking. This part of the process is really very minimal. I would focus on periodic (to start) calling the DOS call center. Very soon now, the first notation to the system will be that your file is ‘loaded’; that is, the [electronic] file has been sent from the NVC to GUZ.

Next there will be a little longer wait, although much shorter now, while the file sits with others, on a shrink-wrapped pallet, in the GUZ warehouse at the White Swan on Shamian Island. As the Consulate staff retrieves case files, they will be entered into the system, as ‘opened’ when the actual processing begins in Guangzhou. This is when the P-3 is issued and upon return of those two forms, the ‘majority’ of the name check file processing is completed at the Consulate level.

Again, once the file leaves the NVC, DHL will have it in Guangzhou, within less than a week. While it will be in China Customs for a period of time for clearance, I seriously doubt that it is as long a time as some have speculated. The longest wait has been in the GUZ warehouse, waiting in queue, IMO.

The Chinese know what is in these pallets addressed to USCOCGUZ, they see thousands come through every month. They have too much crap coming through Customs each day, to have these shipments tie up staff and floor space at China Customs for an inordinate amount of time.

DOS call center 0830 to 1700 hrs. EDT.

202-663-1225 To avoid the intro message dial 1 then 0 after connecting.

Have GUZ # and beneficiary name and DOB ready for operator.

Best wishes !!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

yes, I have the same crazy virus. I check about 3 times each day, even after checking the 1st time and seeing the "delayed" marked for that day, I still check a couple of more times. Must have something to do with the connection we have with our fiancee's/fianc¨¦'s.

Again, once the file leaves the NVC, DHL will have it in Guangzhou, within less than a week. While it will be in China Customs for a period of time for clearance, I seriously doubt that it is as long a time as some have speculated. The longest wait has been in the GUZ warehouse, waiting in queue, IMO.

The Chinese know what is in these pallets addressed to USCOCGUZ, they see thousands come through every month. They have too much crap coming through Customs each day, to have these shipments tie up staff and floor space at China Customs for an inordinate amount of time.

DHL ships it express, so it is in Guangzhou in 3 days, then the "Clearance delay" (which, according to DHL, is when it sits in a dock waiting to be "received" by a consulate officer). Would you consider 2 weeks as normal? The delay on our shipping is at 2 weeks now, and still not received.

DOS call center 0830 to 1700 hrs. EDT.

202-663-1225 To avoid the intro message dial 1 then 0 after connecting.

Have GUZ # and beneficiary name and DOB ready for operator.

Best wishes !!

Thanks for this number. What does DOS stand for? I figured that calling the consulate would be best, but I tried calling the number on the Guangzhou consulate website, and it is no longer a good number. The number you listed appears to be a US number, so I'm curious what location it is, and how they would know what is going on at the Guangzhou consulate.

Thanks,

Bill