Summer received Packet 4 today and the interview is scheduled for 29 August 2003.

She says that Packet 4 tells her to report to the hospital on 25 August for the medical examination.

I will join her in Guangzhou on 22 August. This should give us ample time to prepare the forms.

Does anyone have advice on the medical examination process?

Thanks

Guest enight

the medical check cost about $100 for K visa,

and,

1. fill out the medical forms (such as case number, name etc those items) to save time in hospital

2. bring pictures for the forms ( I used 2 of them, but brought 4 with me)

3. arrive the hospital early, (I arrived there at 8:20am, it starts at 8:30am)

4. after done the medical check, it's about 10 or 11, she might have enought time to do HIV test too (in Shanghai the hospital for medical check and the place for HIV are in different area)

5. you can get result for medical check and HIV within 3 days. please check the time with hosptial and office for HIV

Guest enight
She says that Packet 4 tells her to report to the hospital on 25 August for the medical examination.

why.. need to wait till August 25? I thought you can go there any date as you have the P4 and have those medical forms now.

Thanks, we will go to the hospital as soon as I get to China.

Are all of the exams in Guangzhou done at the same hospital?

Does anyone have a favorite hotel nearby?

BTW - My round trip ticket on China Southern from LAX to CAN cost $708.

I am "betting on the come" and Summer's ticket from CAN to LAX was $916. (I am not sure why it is higher coming to the U.S.)

The new annex of the Victory Hotel on Shamien Island, where GUZ Consulate is located, is good. Room on their top floor for 230 yuan.

There's a hospital 1 block away from the hotel and they finished the exam in an hour. The Consulate is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

In short, stay at a hotel on the island. Everything is there: hotel, hospital, and most importantly, the Consulate.

There's not many scenic spots in Guangzhou. I do recommend the Night Zoo which is a 45 minute bus-ride away. The major shopping district is Beijing Lu. Try the "yum cha" in GZ. I miss China...

last time i checked, which was about 2 weeks ago, a one way ticket FROM china was about $300 less than a round trip...as long as her departure days were flexible. If you just want to beat feet home (i'm guessing yes), then you probably won't be able to find a discount. There is a site..I'll have to check. For $5 the guarantee they will beat any rate to china. I used it once, it worked. You have to have a few days flexibility though.

The new annex of the Victory Hotel on Shamien Island, where GUZ Consulate is located, is good. Room on their top floor for 230 yuan.

There's a hospital 1 block away from the hotel and they finished the exam in an hour. The Consulate is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

In short, stay at a hotel on the island. Everything is there: hotel, hospital, and most importantly, the Consulate.

There's not many scenic spots in Guangzhou. I do recommend the Night Zoo which is a 45 minute bus-ride away. The major shopping district is Beijing Lu. Try the "yum cha" in GZ. I miss China...

I agree entirely. If your not familiar with GZ, just stay on the island. There are several good hotels on the island. I would definately say use the hospital there on the island. Clean and efficient. If you can't go a day or two early, then try to get the physical done before she goes to GZ. Just in case anything causes a delay.