I know you are tired of my police certificate posts

when hubby had his medical exam in Shanghai they asked for his police cert, because they needed to put it in his little sealed folder thingy so its not tampered with, i dunno if he shows up without it will he be examined........why waste time with the govit to get it when they probably say 2-3mo when it could be way more then that....If i were you just wait the 3 weeks for a visit visa for him and fly over there and get it, its so much mre reliable then trusting the government!!!

OK Lass - fess up -

how'd you finally get the police certificate outta Japan?

Warmest Regards ...

PS - Congrats on that, BTW - what a pain !

OK Lass - fess up -

how'd you finally get the police certificate outta Japan?

Warmest Regards ...

PS - Congrats on that, BTW - what a pain !

Haha, well, it was a long process, as you all know!

In Feburary, we tried Beijing's Japanese Embassy. They told us to shove it where the sun don't shine, even after going there about 10 times, and even after they politely allowed Japanese Citizens to freely apply for the cert. (we saw this happen on several of the times we were there...Japanese dude walks in, "hey I need a police cert" "ok sir, just fill out this form and press your stamp here")

Well, when we got the P3 in April, we thought we would give Beijing a try again. They looked at the forms and told us to shove it again.

Through this whole time, I had been emailing GUZ, called the (crappy) visa hotline, faxed GUZ once, and also tried to contact the Chinese Embassy in Osaka (said they couldn't do anything since they need fingerprints)

So hubby and I decided to take a trip to GUZ to attend ACH where I asked them what I should do since no one was helping me out. The guy at the window was really sympathetic and even asked his supervisor if there was any way around it, which there was not. He suggested that we try the GUZ Japanese Consulate, and if nothing could be done, to contact the American Consulate again (I told him about how hubby even tried getting a visa to Japan).

Well, we went to the Japanese Consulate in GUZ, and they were even more rude than the Beijing office. They yelled at us, and wanted to take the original P3 forms (we had not sent them back due to this stupid cert prob). Finally, I asked them to send their supervisor out, since it appeared that the 3 window girls did not want to help. The supervisor came out, and I told her that it is necessary to get the cert, routine procedure, yada yada.

The supervisor rolls her eyes and says ok. A Japanese man comes out to take hubby's prints (this guy was the first decent guy we met throughout the whole escapade) and said it would take about 3 months.

HOLY SHIT. THREE MONTHS?!?!?!?! That was April 14, so that meant it should have been July 14! I hesitantly sent back the P3, still hoping for a June interview, for the family reunion.

When all the K1 visa peeps started getting there interview dates, that's when I freaked and asked everyone for ideas.

The consulate called hubby this morning (it was that nice guy on the phone) and said it was done fast because the nice guy put in a word to get it done as soon as possible. :ph34r:

So yeah, I say, if at all possible, it's just better to get the damn thing yourself. We actually did find a company that offered "free tour" where you could go anywhere. We just had to pony up 50,000 RMB as a deposit, fully refundable if hubby came back to China as scheduled.

Just as a side note, when we called the International Center at our old uni, they said they would be glad to help! I felt an instant excitement, but they followed up with the line "just come by our office and we will help you fill out the forms/contact the police" LOL. I guess they would have been really helpful if we were actually in Japan...not that we couldn't do it ourselves if we were there.

Thanks for following up, Darnell. I think Japan is possibly the most horrible country to obtain a cert from, especially if you can't get a visa to go there yourself. I hope others will one day find this post (if they have been in Japan) and benefit from it.

Erika -

Yee Haw !! (A Texas Cheer!)

The FingerPrint Fairies were looking after you - I AM SO HAPPY everything worked out. It must be d@mned frustrating, though, as really nothing you attempted worked in your favour - except to ask for the supervisor at the end.

GOOD JOB !!!! NO MORE SWEATING da Paperwork !!!

Now, you be in waiting mode - here's a thought? Ask his mother to teach you some of her recipes that she KNOWS her son likes, some of his favorites. It'll pass the time, and is useful for language assimilation too with the names of the ingredients.

Our experience with these folks at the Consulate is firstly, if they give you a blue card it specifically states you must mail in the requested documents and that you cannot bring them to the Consulate.

Secondly, you can submit them as quickly as you have them available, I believe (the quicker the better) but when the Visa Section actually takes action on the "overturn" (again, a blue card is a non-decision; not a denial) is entirely up to them. They may mail out a "Call-in-Letter" or call you right away, or they may wait a while, even a long while.

It's all up to them.

My hubby and I decided that if we get the interview before the cert that we would go to the interview and expect a blue.

In people's past experience/knowledge, would something like this mean that my husband/I could go drop off the cert on the 16th and get a pink (provided, of course, that the blue was PURELY a result of the cert)