I wanted to write a quick thank you to all of you. The State Department called me this afternoon to let me know that my fiance's clearance was approved.

It was due to the numerous information on this site that he received it. I started a letter campaign very similar to the one here. I also sent a letter to the Committee on Government Reform and Mr. Robert Garrity. Then this morning I received a call from the FBI Namecheck Division. According to her, they had never received the request.

After talking to everyone from the top down on the State Department Telephone Directory, I finally talked with someone who seemed reluctant to get involved. However, she did and then asked why my fiance was being put thru Visa Condor when he was from India. I explained I didn't have any answers other than Abu Dhabi puts everyone thru the Visa Condor. She took my phone number and said she would return my call. I didn't hold much hope.

Then I received a phone call at 2pm and she informed me that they found the clearance and it was processed. She was cabling the Embassy to issue the visa as soon as possible. According to her he should have the visa in his hand by Wednesday (the Embassy there works Saturday - Wednesday).

It was because of everyone here, their help and their suggestions that I was so persistent in obtaining his clearance. Without these tips, I would have given up.

Thank you all!

Owen,

Actually it was the letter to the Committee on Government Reform that was copied to Mr. Robert Garrity. Mr. Garrity had his division check my fiance's name and found out the embassy had submitted it incorrectly.

A note to you all -- it is not the FBI that is screwing the process up -- it is the State Department and the Embassies. I just helped another person in a very similar situation, same embassy also, and we found out that his security clearance was done back in January 2003 -- approval sent to Embassy. However, for whatever reason the embassy decided to do a resubmit and all resubmits are ignored by the system -- so in essence they were waiting on an approval that was already given and would not be given again until next year.

A note to you all -- it is not the FBI that is screwing the process up -- it is the State Department and the Embassies.  I just helped another person in a very similar situation, same embassy also, and we found out that his security clearance was done back in January 2003 -- approval sent to Embassy.  However, for whatever reason the embassy decided to do a resubmit and all resubmits are ignored by the system -- so in essence they were waiting on an approval that was already given and would not be given again until next year.

THE CONSPIRACY THICKENS... :wub:

Owen,

Actually it was the letter to the Committee on Government Reform that was copied to Mr. Robert Garrity.  Mr. Garrity had his division check my fiance's name and found out the embassy had submitted it incorrectly. 

A note to you all -- it is not the FBI that is screwing the process up -- it is the State Department and the Embassies.  I just helped another person in a very similar situation, same embassy also, and we found out that his security clearance was done back in January 2003 -- approval sent to Embassy.  However, for whatever reason the embassy decided to do a resubmit and all resubmits are ignored by the system -- so in essence they were waiting on an approval that was already given and would not be given again until next year.

This was the problem with my wife's clearance. They already had the clearance that they were waiting on. Resubmits didn't work because it hadn't been a year since the last clearance. (It was getting close though) If it hadn't been for meeting with Richard Adams she would have stayed in the black hole until the year was up.