I have heard about this burden of proof for american petitioner, ie -

provide recent utility bill from ex-wife.

I live in another state from my ex. Would I still have to get a utility bill of my ex? We do not comunicate hardly at all and under great restraint when we have to. What a pain! B)

Why isn't the certified copy of the divorce decree signed by the judge sufficient?

There are cases where a couple will divorce but still live in the same house due to the fact they have children or lack of money to move out. I-134 time how do you answer how many people live in your household. Visa fraud is also looked at where a man will get quickie divorce and petition to bring someone here as a business venture. Some of these deals have been $40-50,000. From what is reported in the news media.

The longer you are divorced the less chance you would be asked to provide any information. I think it would be prudent to at least have SS number of the ex and address that could be presented to VO if asked for could be a wise move. SS number could be obtained from an old tax return. Being able to reply to a question such as how long has your intended been divorced and where does the ex live could put a rest any further questions in this matter from the VO.

I think it would be prudent to at least have SS number of the ex and address that could be presented to VO if asked for could be a wise move. SS number could be obtained from an old tax return. Being able to reply to a question such as how long has your intended been divorced and where does the ex live could put a rest any further questions in this matter from the VO.

Thanks, I was beginning to stress it some. My worry is that my ex would probably blackmail me for this evidence :( My ex¡¯s SSN is on the divorce decree so that's covered :sosad:

There are cases where a couple will divorce but still live in the same house due to the fact they have children or lack of money to move out. I-134 time how do you answer how many people live in your household. Visa fraud is also looked at where a man will get quickie divorce and petition to bring someone here as a business venture. Some of these deals have been $40-50,000. From what is reported in the news media.

The longer you are divorced the less chance you would be asked to provide any information. I think it would be prudent to at least have SS number of the ex and address that could be presented to VO if asked for could be a wise move. SS number could be obtained from an old tax return. Being able to reply to a question such as how long has your intended been divorced and where does the ex live could put a rest any further questions in this matter from the VO.

I was lucky (sort of) in this. Because I have to pay spousal support (if you call that lucky) the court requires that we send certified letters to each other and to the court when we move or change jobs.

So, I have a certified letter from my ex stating her new address and job.