I-129F Question for K3

Hello! :D

I just sent out my I-130 and am preparing my I-129F for a K3 spouse visa. I sent some evidence of our marriage (wedding photos and marriage certificate, and email and msn chat logs) for proof of our relationship along with the I-130.

So my question is: Do I need to provide proof of my marriage again with the I-129F?

Guest Rob & Jin

Hello! :D

I just sent out my I-130 and am preparing my I-129F for a K3 spouse visa. I sent some evidence of our marriage (wedding photos and marriage certificate, and email and msn chat logs) for proof of our relationship along with the I-130.

So my question is: Do I need to provide proof of my marriage again with the I-129F?

Sure, why not ?

Include all the same evidence, they take a different path, pre-load is better than overcome after the interview.

Welcome to CFL and good luck :D

I would say give em everything again.

Front Loading is a BOON, and reduces time stuck in blue slip BOON DOGGLES !

I would say give em everything again.

Front Loading is a BOON, and reduces time stuck in blue slip BOON DOGGLES !

I agree with Darnell to give them everything you can, again, and add anything new to it that you can think of.

Unfortunatly with almost 300 days, since our interview, in blue slip hell, I can't agree, and we're living proof, that front loading...or anything else, can reduce time in blue slip debacles.

Jason, give them every snippet you can. Don't overlook anything. We did that, and we lost, but...we sleep well at night cause there's nothing to lose sleep over thinking...Damn, if I'd only have given them...???

Give them everything, and hope for good luck...good luck is what really rules in Guangzhou.

Good luck to you both. ;)

tsap seui

Unfortunatly with almost 300 days, since our interview, in blue slip hell, I can't agree, and we're living proof, that front loading...or anything else, can reduce time in blue slip debacles.

Jason, give them every snippet you can. Don't overlook anything. We did that, and we lost, but...we sleep well at night cause there's nothing to lose sleep over thinking...Damn, if I'd only have given them...???

Give them everything, and hope for good luck...good luck is what really rules in Guangzhou.

Good luck to you both. :angry:

tsap seui

Tsap, I wish to h3ll I knew the name of the ppl handling yer case, to set up a nice case o whoop @ss on yer behalf. I'm just that sorry, mate...

Good luck to you both. :P

tsap seui

Tsap, I wish to h3ll I knew the name of the ppl handling yer case, to set up a nice case o whoop @ss on yer behalf. I'm just that sorry, mate...

Darnell ol' buddy, it could be that our case is out of the hands of the visa goobers in GUZ...if'n the good Lord really wanted the lil' rabbit to hop across the pond at this time, he would have already had some buttwad goober VO send her a letter asking her to bring the passports back to Guano :angry: She may get her wish one day to come live in america, but I may need to work 2 or 3 years in China gettin' my pay randomly cut off by unscrupulous school administrators and eatin' good ol' locust and Lassie soup while an IR-1 application works it's way out....no worries a'tall mate!! I'm flexable, will be able to afford some Chinabilly school overseer stealin' my pay occasionally to pay for his harem of tiny hiney harlots, and I'll have my bona fide relationship with my family....visa, or no damned visa ;)

tsap seui

Hello! :angry:

As one who has had direct experience with filing the K-3 petition, I can share with you how I approached this:

As I was not sure if the I-130 for CR-1 or the I-129F for K-3 would process first, I made both case files the same, with the greater info required for the I-130, also as a component of the I-129F file.

This included all of the bona fides of the marriage/relationship recently (last year) required in the I-130 file.

I wanted them to have everything up front (front-loaded) for review along the way at the CSC, NVC, and at GUZ during pre-interview processing.

I included color photos (several from each visit) in both files.

I included an evolution of relationship memo, in both files.

I included the personal affidavits in each file.

As I was already married for the current federal Tax Year, I also included a copy of our jointly signed Form 1040, with attached W-2 and her W-7 ITIN form.

I included things like beneficiary birth certificates, household registry book, her PRC passport, etc, in addition to the required marriage certificate.

I included the sampling of emails, phone logs, as of the date I filed each petition; also trip tickets/boarding passes etc-etc, for each visit.

Hope this helps ?? :P

One other consideration, compare the processing times for CR-1 and K-3, you will find that they are not much different, CR-1 tends to be about 2-3 months longer. This may change with NVC's new online payment system for CR-1 visas.

CR-1 (I-130) has the big benefit of a Green-card upon entry to the USA, K-3 needs to file I-485 (Pay $1010) and wait some time for AOS.

CR-1 is work authorized by the green-card and can immediately take a job, get SSN, and even apply for a driver's license, K-3 needs to apply for EAD or AOS, and has to wait up to 90 days before being able to take a JOB, get SSN, or apply for a driver's license.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No (K-3)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No (CR-1)

One other consideration, compare the processing times for CR-1 and K-3, you will find that they are not much different, CR-1 tends to be about 2-3 months longer. This may change with NVC's new online payment system for CR-1 visas.

CR-1 (I-130) has the big benefit of a Green-card upon entry to the USA, K-3 needs to file I-485 (Pay $1010) and wait some time for AOS.

CR-1 is work authorized by the green-card and can immediately take a job, get SSN, and even apply for a driver's license, K-3 needs to apply for EAD or AOS, and has to wait up to 90 days before being able to take a JOB, get SSN, or apply for a driver's license.

The above is certainly my advice.

Remember if you file that K3, you ARE going K3. Unless they change the process, the CR/1 will be held, and only the K3 processed. You can no longer pursue both (at least not easily).

So, think long and hard before you mail that K3.

I went only I-130 and I believe we will end up with an interview within 1 month of the K3 filers .. and then I am DONE with the US government (for a while anyways).

Remember if you file that K3, you ARE going K3. Unless they change the process, the CR/1 will be held, and only the K3 processed. You can no longer pursue both (at least not easily).

I went only I-130 and I believe we will end up with an interview within 1 month of the K3 filers .. and then I am DONE with the US government (for a while anyways).

The I-130 can be passed along for a GUZ interview even if the K-3 is filed, but you must file the I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition and pay a $340 fee.

DavidZixuan has suggested that you may be able to simply wait until the I-130 has already been forwarded to GUZ, and then file the I-129F. You would lose a little (or all) of the time advantage in doing this, however. I don't know that we've seen anyone actually try this.

Whether to file the I-129F after the I-130 is a personal choice. Your mileage may vary.

The I-130 can be passed along for a GUZ interview even if the K-3 is filed, but you must file the I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition and pay a $340 fee.

DavidZixuan has suggested that you may be able to simply wait until the I-130 has already been forwarded to GUZ, and then file the I-129F. You would lose a little (or all) of the time advantage in doing this, however. I don't know that we've seen anyone actually try this.

Whether to file the I-129F after the I-130 is a personal choice. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks Rob for directing me here from Circling GUZ.

So in my case where I have a K3 opened in Guz, and a CR1 loaded in GUZ (even though the CR1 has an NVC out first), I will only get the K3. I must file an I-824 to have them consider my CR1 (again I paid all the fees for the CR1, including the Part IV fee already, in the states)?

So in my case where I have a K3 opened in Guz, and a CR1 loaded in GUZ (even though the CR1 has an NVC out first), I will only get the K3. I must file an I-824 to have them consider my CR1 (again I paid all the fees for the CR1, including the Part IV fee already, in the states)?

No - you are verifying David's suggestion. They are both already at GUZ - GUZ will make it a CR1 (provided it is within a reasonable time frame as defined by them), unless you e-mail them to specify otherwise.

The I-824 is a USCIS form, and has no effect in GUZ. It tells the USCIS to go ahead and forward the I-130 to GUZ, but your I-130 is already there.

No - you are verifying David's suggestion. They are both already at GUZ - GUZ will make it a CR1 (provided it is within a reasonable time frame as defined by them), unless you e-mail them to specify otherwise.

The I-824 is a USCIS form, and has no effect in GUZ. It tells the USCIS to go ahead and forward the I-130 to GUZ, but your I-130 is already there.

Correct, a few other members had K-3 and CR-1 hit the consulate close together, the consulate will favor the CR-1 over the K-3, they do this because the CR-1 is the superior visa, it saves the immigrant from having to adjust status in the USA.

One member thought they were going to GUZ for a K-3 interview only to find out that GUZ dropped the K-3 in favor of the CR-1, the member had not done vaccinations thinking K-3, and got a blue slip for vaccinations, they were able to get the vaccinations done quickly, and record to the consulate, and got the CR-1 within a short period after getting the blue slip.

So plan on the CR-1 if GUZ shows it being loaded.

I would email the consulate and get them to move on the CR-1, it will save you having to deal with USCIS, later.

I was told by NVC that I could do both but I agree with your assessment. We decided on K3 because

WE CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER! IT"S KILLING US!!! :rolleyes:

I called DOS the other day to verify that they did not forward the I-130 on to GUZ. They said that they would not forward it on to GUZ until the AOS fee was paid.

I wanted to clarify with those who had both I-129 & I-130 forwarded on to GUZ, did you pay the Affidavit of Support (I-184) Fee Bill?

If not, how was it that they forwarded your I-130 on to GUZ?

I was told by DOS that they would not do this.