NO RICE SHORTAGE

So Endo has a marketing problem, apparently. Maybe he'll contact one of them web portal designers in Tokyo and start selling it on the internets, using The Google.

Or maybe monkies will fly outta my butt.

Well, I dunno about Oahu, but a news bit appeared in the Hawaii Tribune Hearld that said there was definitely no rice shortage in Hilo and that the only reason there appeared to be a shortage is because people were hoarding for a while and that threw things off balance. My parents said that prices haven't gone up for any of the rice they sell in my home town. How is it there in HNL?

My wife isn't really interested in Japanese rice, she prefers rice from Thailand, where there is a shortage due to crop loss.

Now after the storm in Myanmar(Burma) where they predict a total crop loss, not to mention massive loss of life, southern Asia does not have a surplus of rice.

US rice is not in short demand either, but my wife still prefers rice from Thailand.

At the market on Monday, her favorite rice is selling for $25 a bag, almost double the price we paid last time. She wasn't happy with the price and suggested we wait a while before buying. I told her that was not a problem and we should wait until it reaches $30 so she feels like we are getting a better deal. :lol:

My wife isn't really interested in Japanese rice, she prefers rice from Thailand, where there is a shortage due to crop loss.

Now after the storm in Myanmar(Burma) where they predict a total crop loss, not to mention massive loss of life, southern Asia does not have a surplus of rice.

US rice is not in short demand either, but my wife still prefers rice from Thailand.

At the market on Monday, her favorite rice is selling for $25 a bag, almost double the price we paid last time. She wasn't happy with the price and suggested we wait a while before buying. I told her that was not a problem and we should wait until it reaches $30 so she feels like we are getting a better deal. ;)

No problem with rice here in Ohio.

Price has not changed.

Lee My wife also like the Thailand rice.

We pay $17 for a 25 pound bag and for the two of us that will last about a month

About 3 weeks ago we tried to buy the Costco Thai rice and it was totally out of stock. Went back last Friday and it was fully stocked again at $10.99 for a 25 pound bag. There was a limit of 5 bags. My wife bought 2.

Gale

We did out outing the other day and tai tai was shocked at the price increase at the 'China Market'. Up 40% ~ 50% since her last visit. She doesn't use a lot, so her last buy will last at least 6 more months.