With the last step in the NVC process for a CR1 being the DS-230 entered into the system, about how long does it take for case complete and forwarded to GZ?

My timeline (in signature) has all these dates Chilton.

I think my time through nvc was quick, but all other times are about average. NVC is faster now with the online payment.

I believe you can use my time line as a model and forecast reasonably well.

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

Thanks guys!! :angry: Just trying to avoid an interview time between Oct 15 and Dec 15. I figure with all of the shortcuts available in the NVC process then I will be able to manipulate the time to interview somewhat.

Credzba it looks like a one month timeframe from the time you mailed the DS-230 and the time the case left the NVC. Did you wait until you got the DS-230 in the mail or did you send it in ahead of time? Thanks!!

Thanks guys!! :) Just trying to avoid an interview time between Oct 15 and Dec 15. I figure with all of the shortcuts available in the NVC process then I will be able to manipulate the time to interview somewhat.

Credzba it looks like a one month timeframe from the time you mailed the DS-230 and the time the case left the NVC. Did you wait until you got the DS-230 in the mail or did you send it in ahead of time? Thanks!!

I never waited to receive anything in the mail (except IV bill).

As soon as the automatic operator said they mailed it to me, I mailed the proper form in.

The DS-230 was actually the most difficult for me as I was in China.

I had it prepared, in the envelope, and stamped with proper postage. Then I gave it to a friend.

From china I used skype to call the automated answering service until they said the ds-230 was sent out.

Then I contacted my friend and had them drop it in the mail.

By the time I returned from China, NVC had processed my ds-230 :)

Now with the online payment system (though I hear it is intermittent) you should be able to breeze through NVC.

For every form I mailed in, it was 2 weeks from mail date until they said next form was ready.

If I hadn't been such a chicken I would have just blindly mailed them every 2 weeks.

Thanks guys!! :) Just trying to avoid an interview time between Oct 15 and Dec 15. I figure with all of the shortcuts available in the NVC process then I will be able to manipulate the time to interview somewhat.

I never waited to receive anything in the mail (except IV bill).

As soon as the automatic operator said they mailed it to me, I mailed the proper form in.

The DS-230 was actually the most difficult for me as I was in China.

I had it prepared, in the envelope, and stamped with proper postage. Then I gave it to a friend.

From china I used skype to call the automated answering service until they said the ds-230 was sent out.

Then I contacted my friend and had them drop it in the mail.

By the time I returned from China, NVC had processed my ds-230 :)

Now with the online payment system (though I hear it is intermittent) you should be able to breeze through NVC.

For every form I mailed in, it was 2 weeks from mail date until they said next form was ready.

If I hadn't been such a chicken I would have just blindly mailed them every 2 weeks.

Hey, live and learn man! Look's like J's shortcuts are working as they always have. I have seen the 2 week pattern as well. It looks like this stage of the process is predictable. ;) But as always, things are subject to change. :unsure: