For us old timers

Hey Mick and Owen what happened to the movie you were going to make in China ? thought it was going to be a Jackie Chan sequil with chase seens etc, did you run out of time or film, was it removed by athorities at the POE or did the govt stop you there in China, just thinking of this tonight :lol: :lol: :blink: :unsure: :) bet I can click all the smiles

I still think the movie would be a great idea. Of course, I would now have to travel back to China to make it. As I recall, there were a lot of hilarious ideas in that old thread. :D :lol:

As Don mentioned, how is that portable hot pot coming along Tool Man? :lol: :huh: :P

You have to be one of the old-timers to remember that!

Reminds me of just how tame life in rural Kansas is compared to my two years in Dalian and Shenyang.

Still think it was a good idea. :D

Owen, are you going back to China this month or staying put in the land of OZ??? :huh: :huh: :D

Currently I am scheduled to make the trip back on August 29th. My mother has had some heart problems in the last few weeks and as a result, I got a lot more serious about looking for a job here. The truth is that it has benefited my parents a lot to have us living with them. I have been working my butt off taking care of things around the house that have not been getting done in the last couple of years. My two brothers have commented on it even. They come down most weekends and try to work on things then, but it is hard to keep up with it that way. I had already figured that two more years in China and then I would have to come back home anyway due to their advancing ages.

I have made the first cuts on a job with the Kansas Board of Education and with a plant just across the Nebraska border that manufactures the high quality animal foods and packages them under other companies brand names. Also have an application in with Vatterott College in Kansas City for a General Education instructor.

Next year I could get into the program for alternative certification in Kansas, but I would have to teach for two years in the Kansas City districts. Not great places to teach. Having taught in higher ed up to now, I didn't have to be certified, just qualified.

I may ask for another month before returning to see how my mother is getting along. Since the first three weeks at our school are taken up by military training and you don't actually teach anyway and since I am the oldest son, I think that they will go along with me on it.