I have two questions about the I-134 an they are:

Question one...I thought question #10 only applied for past petition submissions but what other people have said, i need to put in Ling and the two boys as part of question #10???, but I am also putting in ling and the boys as the recipients of the I-134. So what is up??

Question two...I know I am suppose to turn or have available the I-134 in duplicate for my wife Ling, Do I also have to have duplicates for each one of the boys as well since they will be coming with the mother??

I know for K3/K4 a separate non-immigrant visa application has to be fill out for each person Ling and the two boys....so again do I have to give I-134's for each person both K3/K4 and in duplicate ??

Tom and ling

I have two questions about the I-134 an they are:

Question one...I thought question #10 only applied for past petition submissions but what other people have said, i need to put in Ling and the two boys as part of question #10???, but I am also putting in ling and the boys as the recipients of the I-134. So what is up??

The I-134 is for the current Petition at hand/of record; not some previous petition, if another petition, had in fact, been filed in the past.

Question two...I know I am suppose to turn or have available the I-134 in duplicate for my wife Ling, Do I also have to have duplicates for each one of the boys as well since they will be coming with the mother??

While it never hurts to have available, extra copies, it has been answered in [recent] previous threads, that the one I-134 covers the adult beneficiary as well as any of the beneficiary children. Remember, the actual I-134 form must be notarized when you sign it. Other attachment supporting documents may also be notarized, but it is not a requirement.

I know for K3/K4 a separate non-immigrant visa application has to be fill out for each person Ling and the two boys....so again do I have to give I-134's for each person both K3/K4 and in duplicate ??

Again, it has been previously posted and discussed, that there is not a requirement for multiple I-134's for a beneficiary spouse and his/her children. One I-134 with entries on lines #3 and #10, will suffice. Remember, for K-3/4, there is only one I-129F, which covers both spouse and children derivatively. For CR-1/2 (I-130) the form I-134 is not utilized.

For purposes of the interview, I cannot think of a single instance, wherein there was a problem/issue over the submission of the I-134, as long as the basic information was included on the form and the income met or exceeded the poverty guidelines. In fact, it has not been consistent, that the VO will even ask to see the I-134 in all cases during the interview process.

In my situation, I have prepared for submission, one I-134 for my lao po and our daughter. They are entered within box #3 on page 1, and also in box #10 on page 2. Moreover, I have entered my minor dependent children from my previous marriage in box #8, on page 2. This information is used for the % computation of income vs. poverty guidelines.

Tom and ling

Tom, This forum is reserved for those questions that cannot be aswered by other members who have the direct knowledge and experience to answer them. I think each of these questions can be answered here, within the forum.

Also, the forum guidelines posted at the top of the forum page, are clear as to asking about issues of a personal nature.

A moderator will most likely move this thread from this forum, to the P-3/P-4 pre-interview forum.

If posts continue to be made outside of the scope of the intent of the guidelines agreed to by CFL and GUZ, we may lose this important interaction and ability to have the most difficult issues resolved, outside of what can be found/researched within the board knowledge base. Hope this helps !? :huh:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify what I am reading for the I-134 form. It is designed

so that the VO can determine if you have enough income to support

who ever is coming to the US...So in my case there are three, Ling and

the two boys...... :) ,However, what Roger doesn't know and the VO

will know is that on my file I was married to a Russian Lady and made

a DCF for an IR-1 and two IR-2...so I have three I-130's plus the wife

and twins from China. Which makes a total of 7 including myself, which would have to be considered in the "Can I support all these"??

Yes, I can but the VO has to be aware of this.

**A separate affidavit must be submitted for each person.**

**As the sponsor, you must sign the affidavit in your full,**

**true and correct name and affirm or make it under oath.**

I read the instruction above as "A separate affidavit" for each one coming over on the I-129F since there are three.

**question #9. I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for**

**the following person(s). If none, state none.**

I read question number #9 as all previous affidavits...so I filled out three separate ones for my DCF filings plus the three from China that I am filing for now.

**question #10. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship**

**and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following**

**person(s). If none, state none.**

Question #10...I read as the same as question #9,,,,In other words the number of petitions I have filed with USCIS is three I-130's in 2000 for my Ex-wife and her two kids and one for my new wife Ling.

So, what am I going to do.......... :sosad: .. :D ,, ;)

I am going to make up separate affidavits for ling and the twins...just to cover my A**.

I am going to have to tell the truth for question #9...in that there were three previous Affidavits..for the Ex-wife and her two kids. But fortunately for me two of the three are US citizens and therefore I am not obligated to them anymore... :D .

And for question # 10...I guess I will be reporting four I-130's... :D

Since the I-134 only has two lines, I will have to put a continuation sheet explaining all this and get it notarized too.... :)

Tom and Ling

However, what Roger doesn't know and the VO

and twins from China. Which makes a total of 7 including myself, which would have to be considered in the "Can I support all these"??

Tom and Ling

Ya' know, come to think about it, you're right !!! Since this is only my first trip (and last) through the USCIS/DOS Immigration process, you obviously know a heck of a lot more than I do !!!! :alldone:

Just ignore all of my comments :crutch:

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify what I am reading for the I-134 form. It is designed

so that the VO can determine if you have enough income to support

who ever is coming to the US...So in my case there are three, Ling and

the two boys...... :D ,However, what Roger doesn't know and the VO

**A separate affidavit must be submitted for each person.**

**As the sponsor, you must sign the affidavit in your full,**

**true and correct name and affirm or make it under oath.**

I read the instruction above as "A separate affidavit" for each one coming over on the I-129F since there are three.

**question #9. I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for**

**the following person(s). If none, state none.**

I read question number #9 as all previous affidavits...so I filled out three separate ones for my DCF filings plus the three from China that I am filing for now.

**question #10. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship**

**and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following**

**person(s). If none, state none.**

Question #10...I read as the same as question #9,,,,In other words the number of petitions I have filed with USCIS is three I-130's in 2000 for my Ex-wife and her two kids and one for my new wife Ling.

So, what am I going to do.......... <_< .. :D ,, :D

I am going to make up separate affidavits for ling and the twins...just to cover my A**.

I am going to have to tell the truth for question #9...in that there were three previous Affidavits..for the Ex-wife and her two kids. But fortunately for me two of the three are US citizens and therefore I am not obligated to them anymore... :D .

And for question # 10...I guess I will be reporting four I-130's... :D

Since the I-134 only has two lines, I will have to put a continuation sheet explaining all this and get it notarized too.... :(

Tom and Ling

so, 2-3 seperate wives all sponsored cr/ir 1 ? :unsure:

not obligated to whom your children ?

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Actually..Rob...My marriages are as such...for every ones clarification.

Which I do not mind giving since the US citizen and Immigration services and Guangzhou will know about...why not everyone else.. :D :P :) :blink:

Actually my first marriage lasted 21 years and she was american and I have two wonderful daughters and they are all grown up...No support need... B)

Than decided to marry a Russian woman..Marriage lasted 6 years.

In North carolina one has to be separated for one year before you can get a divorce. Why did we get a divorce..because one of her children had a major drug problem. but the daughter is an honor student at a university graduating this year and the daughter and ex-wife are now US citizens and "Thank goodness that some one posted the fact that once one becomes a US Citizen the affidavits ,you are no longer obligated anymore".

So I would be responsible for only one of the I-130's from year 2000.

And actually, after 2010 will not be responsible for him because the rule back than was affidavits only covered 10 years.

So..I met Ling and I decided "I loved her" so why not get married again because I actually like marriage. But I can tell you that this will be the last one.... :D :P :blink: :rolleyes:

Tom and Ling

Maybe Guangzhou will read this and figure out that this is a viable marriage.

Ling does not make allot of money ,in fact I make more money in one month than she does in one year...So why would any Embassy think that marrying and Chinese is because of visa fraud.

And anyone who would think that this is not a viable marriage should think twice about that....You don't take on a wife and twin boys if its not a viable marriage....... :D

***so, 2-3 seperate wives all sponsored cr/ir 1 ? :unsure:

Actually..Rob...My marriages are as such...for every ones clarification.

Which I do not mind giving since the US citizen and Immigration services and Guangzhou will know about...why not everyone else.. :D :P :) :blink:

Actually my first marriage lasted 21 years and she was american and I have two wonderful daughters and they are all grown up...No support need... B)

Than decided to marry a Russian woman..Marriage lasted 6 years.

In North carolina one has to be separated for one year before you can get a divorce. Why did we get a divorce..because one of her children had a major drug problem. but the daughter is an honor student at a university graduating this year and the daughter and ex-wife are now US citizens and "Thank goodness that some one posted the fact that once one becomes a US Citizen the affidavits ,you are no longer obligated anymore".

So I would be responsible for only one of the I-130's from year 2000.

And actually, after 2010 will not be responsible for him because the rule back than was affidavits only covered 10 years.

So..I met Ling and I decided "I loved her" so why not get married again because I actually like marriage. But I can tell you that this will be the last one.... :D :P :blink: :rolleyes:

Tom and Ling

Maybe Guangzhou will read this and figure out that this is a viable marriage.

Ling does not make allot of money ,in fact I make more money in one month than she does in one year...So why would any Embassy think that marrying and Chinese is because of visa fraud.

And anyone who would think that this is not a viable marriage should think twice about that....You don't take on a wife and twin boys if its not a viable marriage....... :D

***so, 2-3 seperate wives all sponsored cr/ir 1 ? :unsure:

Good story Tom, reads like many here, I skipped the Russian part though!! Good Luck!!

Hi Shenzhen K-1

You should skip the Russian part because even I did not see it coming.. :huh:

That is why I married a Chinese woman...allot more family oriented and I personally think more loving and caring......... :D :lol: :D

Tom and Ling

And you are probably right...reads like allot of people here...and that means......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!!... :D

Good story Tom, reads like many here, I skipped the Russian part though!! Good Luck!!

Hi Shenzhen K-1

You should skip the Russian part because even I did not see it coming.. :baby:

That is why I married a Chinese woman...allot more family oriented and I personally think more loving and caring......... :toot: :happybday: :D

Tom and Ling

And you are probably right...reads like allot of people here...and that means......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!!... :D

:D :D :D :P :P :P

Hi Rob,

Now I know what you met by the 2-3.... :toot:

The Russian wife had two children ,so in the DCF filing I filed Three I-130's along with three affidavits , however, my ex-Russian wife and her daughter are now US citizens so their affidavits are null and void..in other words I am not obligated if they should file for food stamp or such. Only the ex-wife's son am I obligated under his affidavit.

I think that is what you were getting at???

If not it is pretty funny anyways, looking back on the whole situation. :toot: :) :o <_<

Tom and Ling

***so, 2-3 seperate wives all sponsored cr/ir 1 ? ***(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)