My wife's boxes finally arrives

Guest enight
I got a quote a couple months ago from American Baggage Inc. 1-800-752-6773. Ship from Qingdao to Norfolk, VA.---$320 per cubic meter, $310 for  4 cubic meters or over.

oh my God, that's expensive!

... I heard Sandy said she shipped one cubic meter from China to Boston for $75.

recently I am asking my families to mailing something to me too, they checked price, shipping is about $2.5 for 2lbs (2 moths from Shanghai to CT), airmail is about $12 for 2 lbs (take about 10 days)

I got a quote a couple months ago from American Baggage Inc. 1-800-752-6773. Ship from Qingdao to Norfolk, VA.---$320 per cubic meter, $310 for  4 cubic meters or over.

oh my God, that's expensive!

... I heard Sandy said she shipped one cubic meter from China to Boston for $75.

recently I am asking my families to mailing something to me too, they checked price, shipping is about $2.5 for 2lbs (2 moths from Shanghai to CT), airmail is about $12 for 2 lbs (take about 10 days)

Just checked the rates on their website for curiosity.

$290 across the board from Qingdao. $220 from Shanghai.

Rates are down. Blame it on the economy??? :lol:

$75 is a far better cry than these rates!

Guest enight
Just checked the rates on their website for curiosity.

$290 across the board from Qingdao. $220 from Shanghai.

Rates are down. Blame it on the economy??? :lol:

$75 is a far better cry than these rates!

agree, agree :lol: ...

... better to ask Sandy here for more details :huh:

When shipping with a freight company they don't care about the weight. They go by the cubic meter. When using the post or someone like UPS they go by size and weight. The freight companies seem to run just over $300 per cubic meter. I would be really interested in knowing who she used if she got a $75 rate!

It is so much fun to watch the enjoyment of a lady when she opens up a box full of stuff. I wish I could have seen the smiles.

My wife just got a 8-kg box full of spices, mushrooms, black fungus, seaweed, and other delicacies which I don't comprehend as well as a bunch of special sauces and pastes in these kind of soft but very strong plastic tubes. These were real heavy. Her cousin paid 225 rmb to send by surface through the post office, and it took about two months.