After i send in the I-130 & G325 what happens next?

Hello, i married my wife in March. Im getting ready for her to fill in her info. on the I-130 what happens next after i submit it & how many steps are there before she gets her interview? What is considered the poverty level. Im a US citizen. Thank You

Are you filing in the States or in China? I filed in Beijing so I could help you out if you file in China, but if you file in the States I'm not so sure about the timelines...Hopefully someone else will help you out...I'm still new at this too. The poverty level changes every year so you could check out this site to see the current poverty level: Poverty Guidelines

Also, be prepared to wait, be patient, and wishing you the best of luck on your journey!

Someone will probably come along soon and direct you to the FAQs which have A LOT of good info (I used it a lot!)

I am in Texas, and when I mailed all my I-130 info, I mailed it to the Texas office. It was just about the time the change was going into effect, and Texas mailed my info to Vermont, that was Nov. 07 and I received my first NOA-1 this Jan. Now I am waiting for my second NOA-2. I did not do the I-129, I am sticking with the straight I-130 all the way. Hell, its been 3 1/2 years since we met online, with one denial under my belt. They can do whatever they want we have no control at all. Good Luck and happy happy CHEETOS time.

For what its worth I am just about the in the same catagory as you, I think. Me and my Fiancee were denied Oct. 2006 and it was before I knew of this website. I was devistated and so was my Fiancee. I feel deep inside it was i couldn't produce copies of plane tickets for the trips I took there. I fly for free and didn't get plane tickets. I explained this to GUZ and that didn't mean anything. Plus they wanted hand written documents of how we meet, what we did, where did we go, etc. etc. Everything was turned in properly and still a Denial for not a "bonafide relationship". They intimadated my Fiancee at the interview. The man told my Fiancee it would be better if we were married. The file was returned to the State Dept. Aug. last year and I haven't heard a thing from them. I went over again and we got married in Hong Kong, and it we be one year tomorrow. I filed a

I-130 this past Nov. and got my NOA-1 Jan. of this year. I also went to the Immigration Office in San Antonio last month to ask about this and they told me that since we married the I-130 would overwrite the Fiancee Visa petition, I take that with a grain of salt. As far as I was told and I've talked to many people in the government that the next interview will be in Hong Kong, it hqas to be where you got married and I even talked to The Consulate in Hong Kong, I will able to attend this next interview. So, I am making sure I don't get screwed this time by GUZ again. These people on here are GREAT, so good luck to you.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the I-130 (CR/IR-1) interview in GUZ, or the I-129F (K-3) interview in the country (in this case, Hong Kong) where you were married?

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place.

I believe you need to get the I-129F in if you want to interview in Hong Kong

I have married to my hubby in China. I have already filed CR1+K3 and am waiting for NOA2.

I would like to know if my K3 (I-129F) approves first, can I still take an advantage of having the interview in HK? My hubby resides in China, but I was born in HK and became US Citizen years ago. When I filed for both CR-1+K3, I put down GUZ as the consulate. Is it something I can do now?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have married to my hubby in China. I have already filed CR1+K3 and am waiting for NOA2.

I would like to know if my K3 (I-129F) approves first, can I still take an advantage of having the interview in HK? My hubby resides in China, but I was born in HK and became US Citizen years ago. When I filed for both CR-1+K3, I put down GUZ as the consulate. Is it something I can do now?

The K-3 interview will take place in the country where you got married. BrokenHeart was married in HK, which has a separate visa and passport and embassy from the rest of China.

By filing the I-129F for K3, the CR1 is put on hold... so it's the only petition in the race and must get approved first at this point... (unless after you filed the I-129F, you filed the I-824 and paid to push the I-130 forward again... which indications are this doesn't push forward quickly and is a waste of money).

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I will be sending in the I-130 in May after she gets her documents together & sends them to me. I went ahead & married her because i liked how she treated me & i couldnt afford a return trip for a while. Since im married is it any easier to get her to the point of a interview? Thank You

You would have to define "easier".... regardless of the petition, you have a process to go through.

If you stick with the I-130, you spend more time through NVC to do processing that the K# visas don't do; that's because you will do consular processing for Adjustment of Status at the same time that the interview occurs...

I would not look at what's easier to get her to an interview but what's easier over the next two years; K# visa holders have to do adjustment of status in the US and it's a filing process all over again.

The I-130 gives her a green card authorization upon entry to the US... The K# visa holders have to file for this...

Alot more could be said, but you can state more of your thoughts or questions.

I will be sending in the I-130 in May after she gets her documents together & sends them to me. I went ahead & married her because i liked how she treated me & i couldnt afford a return trip for a while. Since im married is it any easier to get her to the point of a interview? Thank You

You would have to define "easier".... regardless of the petition, you have a process to go through.

If you stick with the I-130, you spend more time through NVC to do processing that the K# visas don't do; that's because you will do consular processing for Adjustment of Status at the same time that the interview occurs...

I would not look at what's easier to get her to an interview but what's easier over the next two years; K# visa holders have to do adjustment of status in the US and it's a filing process all over again.

The I-130 gives her a green card authorization upon entry to the US... The K# visa holders have to file for this...

Im starting things off right by preparing the I-130. Once this is filed is it 10 months before her interview is scheluded in China?

Im starting things off right by preparing the I-130. Once this is filed is it 10 months before her interview is scheluded in China?

I think closer to a year is more expected... the time through NVC is the only part you can control, so if you pursue the I-130, it is best to know the shortcuts and you can cut down a month or more.