I have some questions

I am getting ready to mail in our K-3 paperwork. As you can see my fiance and I got married in February in Hong Kong. I have a couple of questions.

1. Will my husband need any type of post office box in Hong Kong for the consulate to send his information to, because he lives in Guangzhou?

2. What do I need to do if he moves in the middle of this process? Is there a form for change of address or do I call USCIS?

The reasoning of the first question, is because I know that he will interview in Hong Kong.

Thanks.

I've read here about people using the Hong Kong Consulate/Embassy for I-130 processing. What I don't recall is the location of the beneficiary - ie - somewhere in mainland China VS HKG.

I have a few thoughts about it, but some of the other CFL members that have done this should chime in a bit, I think ?

Good Luck to you - b@stard painful you got the denial on the I-129F!!!

Interview locations generally follow this rule:

- I-130 of IR1/CR1: it will be processed in the Consulate that has a jurisdiciton in the Country of your residence.

- I-129F of K3: will be process in the Country where your marriage took place.

----

A few notes about filing K3 for HK, chronological order:

- You first file the required I-130/CR1 stateside to USCIS; Once you get the NOA1, you can file the optional I-129F/K3; Once the latter petition is filed, the I-130 is held by USCIS and will not proceed further.

- Once USCIS is done with the file, it goes to NVC who will foward the I-129F to HK; you'll save many months going this route.

- The address you list for your chinese spouse in the I-129F is what is used for the P3 mailing. Once the petition leaves USCIS, you don't really update USCIS any longer on address stuff; you would try to contact NVC or the HK embassy. So, I would try to make any move prior so that this is submitted correctly...

- I believe most of the P3 and P4 stages are same as GUZ...

--- return appropriate P3 forms ASAP

--- Once you get P4, get the medical and pay the visa fee and have on hand for medical pickup.

- The K3 interview will occur in HK. The interview in HK appears more strict and I think the USC can be a part of the interview (unlike GUZ).

- If successful, the visa pickup is same as GUZ; in a few days at the post office.

Maybe I am wrong but I have talked to many people at the HK Consulate, to make sure and the people here and is is my understanding that the next go around for me, I HOPE, is the interview will be in HK where we got married even though the wife lives in Shenzhen and the first denial was at GUZ. I was told where you got married.

Now that was 6 months ago I called and talked to warm body both here and HK.