Thank you for all the congrats and well wishes. I just have one more question. On the DS-230, there are some things that don't apply to us, such as court and prison records, military records, custody documents, resumes, and visa extension notice.

My question is, when we send this off, do we check those boxes even if they don't pertain to us? Or do we leave them unchecked? I don't want to check them and give GUZ the impression that we need and have them, but I don't want to not check it and give GUZ the idea that we don't have them and need them!??!

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. :mbounce:

Thank you for all the congrats and well wishes. I just have one more question. On the DS-230, there are some things that don't apply to us, such as court and prison records, military records, custody documents, resumes, and visa extension notice.

My question is, when we send this off, do we check those boxes even if they don't pertain to us? Or do we leave them unchecked? I don't want to check them and give GUZ the impression that we need and have them, but I don't want to not check it and give GUZ the idea that we don't have them and need them!??!

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. :mbounce:

Thanks! I guess we probably won't check them off. Your interview must be soon...I see your timeline says mid April. All the best of luck for pink! Let us know!

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. :huh:

Thanks! I guess we probably won't check them off. Your interview must be soon...I see your timeline says mid April. All the best of luck for pink! Let us know!

I'm guessing that your stress is about the checkboxes on page 3 & 4 of the DS-230. Your husband needs to review them and if the complex English gets too bad think of it this way, they are asking if he's a bad person, international criminal, etc... I'm betting the answer is no on everything.

There are some questions on this form that require both an English and Legal degree as well as 73 years experience as an Immigration attorney, so quit letting the little things bother you. :P

At the interview they will go over these questions and he will be asked to answer these questions and then sign the form in their presence. It's an open book test, well sorta. :lol:

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. :lol:

I'm guessing that your stress is about the checkboxes on page 3 & 4 of the DS-230. Your husband needs to review them and if the complex English gets too bad think of it this way, they are asking if he's a bad person, international criminal, etc... I'm betting the answer is no on everything.

There are some questions on this form that require both an English and Legal degree as well as 73 years experience as an Immigration attorney, so quit letting the little things bother you. :rolleyes:

At the interview they will go over these questions and he will be asked to answer these questions and then sign the form in their presence. It's an open book test, well sorta. :mbounce:

OH I totally made a mistake! I meant on the form OF-169! I totally freaked and then didn't even realize what I was writing! LOL!

Hi All!

I have a new question! I am going to Guangzhou with my husband this weekend so that I can go to petitioner hour. If I am correct, it starts at 2:30pm, but I should be there at 2? Is it a one on one thing with a VO? Can you ask case specific questions? Is this different from ACH? Is it on the 5th floor of Tianyu?

Thanks for all your help...I tried to go to the Consulate site and was blocked for a while by the Great Firewall and then I just couldn't find the info.

Hi All!

I have a new question! I am going to Guangzhou with my husband this weekend so that I can go to petitioner hour. If I am correct, it starts at 2:30pm, but I should be there at 2? Is it a one on one thing with a VO? Can you ask case specific questions? Is this different from ACH? Is it on the 5th floor of Tianyu?

Thanks for all your help...I tried to go to the Consulate site and was blocked for a while by the Great Firewall and then I just couldn't find the info.

Hi,

The new time for the ACH is now at 3:00 p.m. until about 4:00 p.m.

I have been to ACH three times over the past year and I always try to get there about 30 minutes early.

Yes, it is one on one with an agent/VO. While they say it is for general questions, most here including myself, have been able to ask case specific questions of a general nature. However, they won't tell you if there are any issues or problems with your case or what the probable outcome will be. :lol:

Yes, it is on the 5th floor of the office bldg. You will check in at the portal on the 4th floor, very close to one of the entrances to the coffee shop, and they will check your Passport. My wife always then went and waited for me in the coffee shop.

You will then take the escalator up to the 5th floor, go through security screening and a metal detector. They will keep property such as your mobile phone and any packages at the security area.

You will then enter the meeting room where they conduct interviews, overcomes, and the ACH meeting. You will first get a number and fill out a one page form at one of the windows. You will then sit and wait for them to call your number and tell you what window to go to, via a PA system. The form will ask for you GUZ number and other info on petitioner and benficiary.

Depending on when they call your number, you can be there for an hour, between the wait and the meeting. I found the Consulate employees to be very courteous and helpful on each of my visits, with questions on my wife and daughter. :lol:

Best wishes !!

BTW, here is the Consulate link for the ACH:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. <_<

hey Sadie, when's your interview date? Mine's April 16.

Good Luck, and you also Amy and the Bear..................

Guest Rob & Jin

I heard people say both check them and don't check them. We did not check them and had no problems getting our P4. :blink:

hey Sadie, when's your interview date? Mine's April 16.

I believe its on the 14th, at least thats what the spreadsheet says B) . But you know what idiot maintains that <_<

Guest Rob & Jin

Correct me if I'm wrong but they will only let the USC (petitioner) in for ACH.

For once Rob you are right!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

ok bring it on Ranger :P :o :P B)

Hi All!

Hi,

The new time for the ACH is now at 3:00 p.m. until about 4:00 p.m.

I have been to ACH three times over the past year and I always try to get there about 30 minutes early.

Yes, it is one on one with an agent/VO. While they say it is for general questions, most here including myself, have been able to ask case specific questions of a general nature. However, they won't tell you if there are any issues or problems with your case or what the probable outcome will be. ;)

Yes, it is on the 5th floor of the office bldg. You will check in at the portal on the 4th floor, very close to one of the entrances to the coffee shop, and they will check your Passport. My wife always then went and waited for me in the coffee shop.

You will then take the escalator up to the 5th floor, go through security screening and a metal detector. They will keep property such as your mobile phone and any packages at the security area.

You will then enter the meeting room where they conduct interviews, overcomes, and the ACH meeting. You will first get a number and fill out a one page form at one of the windows. You will then sit and wait for them to call your number and tell you what window to go to, via a PA system. The form will ask for you GUZ number and other info on petitioner and benficiary.

Depending on when they call your number, you can be there for an hour, between the wait and the meeting. I found the Consulate employees to be very courteous and helpful on each of my visits, with questions on my wife and daughter. :roller:

Best wishes !!

BTW, here is the Consulate link for the ACH:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Thank you for the reply! I read this site, but it says for people who have questions regarding a non-immigrant visa....we are CR-1...can we still go?