WAITING AND WAITING.............

Hi everybody, sorry but it has been a very busy New Year so far.

We were married in December, filed all paperwork with USCIS,

waiting to get green card/employment auth./and travel document.

We had to go downtown for biometrics finger prints and picture in early March. Status online says "RECEIVED AND PENDING".

In Michigan you need all that before they will issue you a SS#, and without a SS#, they wont let you take driving test for a permit.

What a pain! Li get's impatient with all of this sometimes, because she

just doesnt understand the way things work here. She said it's "stupid"

LOL..............I tend to agree, but what more can I do? She wants to drive, and wants to get some sort of job to keep herself busy. I work

over 50 hours a week so she is here alone all day.

Evening ELS classes are her only diversion from all of this, so thank God for that. On a more happy note, We are planning a trip to Disneyworld in Orlando, May 22nd till May 26th. (kind of a honeymoon that we never had a chance to take) If anyone from CFL is going to be there, or in the area let me know. We are staying at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area. Talk to ya all soon :rolleyes:

Ron & Li Ping

Hi everybody, sorry but it has been a very busy New Year so far.

We were married in December, filed all paperwork with USCIS,

waiting to get green card/employment auth./and travel document.

We had to go downtown for biometrics finger prints and picture in early March. Status online says "RECEIVED AND PENDING".

In Michigan you need all that before they will issue you a SS#, and without a SS#, they wont let you take driving test for a permit.

What a pain! Li get's impatient with all of this sometimes, because she

just doesnt understand the way things work here. She said it's "stupid"

LOL..............I tend to agree, but what more can I do? She wants to drive, and wants to get some sort of job to keep herself busy. I work

over 50 hours a week so she is here alone all day.

Evening ELS classes are her only diversion from all of this, so thank God for that. On a more happy note, We are planning a trip to Disneyworld in Orlando, May 22nd till May 26th. (kind of a honeymoon that we never had a chance to take) If anyone from CFL is going to be there, or in the area let me know. We are staying at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area. Talk to ya all soon :D

Ron & Li Ping

Man Michigan is strict! Sorry to hear that. But I'd bet your not too far away from getting GC, maybe without an interview? Hope so. :blink:

Good luck and have fun at Disney. ;)

Unfortunately you were misinformed concerning the requirements for getting your wife an SSN.

She arrived on a K-1 visa and was eligible for an SSN, the time window for this was beginning 10 days after her entry to the US and ended about 70 days after arrival.

You must now wait for EAD or the Green Card and about 10 days after receipt you can go to the SSA and submit an application for an SSN. If you are in the SAVE system the card should be mailed to you within 2 weeks, if not it will take a manual request from the SSA to USCIS for verification before they will mail the card.