Case Status Number for AOS

Hello All,

I had registered on the USCIS's website during the first part of the K1 process and kept track of the case status. The other week Xuejing and I filed the papers for her AOS application. April 3 the check was cashed. No NOA yet or any other word from USCIS.

I am looking at the back of the check for the case status number so I can register online and start getting updates. However, I can't find the case number.............

On the UCSIS's website it says the case status number will be a 13 digit number starting with either EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC. I did not see any numbers like that on the back of the cashed check.

There was a 13 digit number in the top left, but it did not come up in the USCIS's system as of yet. Plus, it is very strange because the "number" started with MSC, as opposed to EAC, WAC, etc.......

Anyone have any experience on this front????

Thank you very much!

Best Wishes,

Dan

MSC is the correct number for AOS.

MSC = Missouri Service Center AKA National Benefits Center (Chicago is the mail center for NBC)

It takes time for USCIS to get the case info into their online status system, sometimes the number on the back of check is unreadable so have to wait for NOA1 letter.