Help on Affidavit of Support

Need your help.... Here's my story...

2004 - Way above proverty level

2005 - Way above proverty level

2006 - No income, started business but business failed..invested in friend and lived of my savings.

2007 - No income except for people investing in my China ventures. Started a corporation but took no salary. Lived of savings and borrowed money

2008 - Started a full time job 3 weeks ago which is I will be earning way above proverty level. Also have benefits and can provide medical and dental coverage once we are married. I am also a partner in 2 corporation which just started but have no income as of yet.

My question is: Do I still need a co-sponsor? I have my sister and brother-in-law that would co-sponsor and is very well financed and is way way over the proverty level.

Please let me know what I need to do or give to the VO.

Thanks to all

Guest Rob & Jin

well if you have not filed your petition yet i wouldnt worry as you dont need to show the I-134 until interview and that would be next year :rolleyes: so your 2008 tax filing would work.

Near as I can tell - you have filed for a K-1 visa for your lass.

But - where is it, in terms of 'stage' ?

If her interview is within the next few weeks,

then regardless of anything else, get a 'letter of employment' from your place of work, on company letterhead, stating :

1. what your job position is.

2. what your annual salary is.

3. date of hire.

Someone in the HR office should be able to notarize it for you as well (though I think you not need the notarization).

SEND THE LETTER to your LASS via DHL.

But hei - when you have a moment, do please put yer timeline in your signature in the user panel here, so that others will be able to give you advice based on yer timeline !

Near as I can tell - you have filed for a K-1 visa for your lass.

But - where is it, in terms of 'stage' ?

If her interview is within the next few weeks,

then regardless of anything else, get a 'letter of employment' from your place of work, on company letterhead, stating :

1. what your job position is.

2. what your annual salary is.

3. date of hire.

Someone in the HR office should be able to notarize it for you as well (though I think you not need the notarization).

SEND THE LETTER to your LASS via DHL.

But hei - when you have a moment, do please put yer timeline in your signature in the user panel here, so that others will be able to give you advice based on yer timeline !

Here is my timeline....

Date I-129F Sent : (2007-08-07)

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : (2007-08-15)

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : (2007-12-21)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2007-01-16)

Date Package Left From NVC : (2007-01-17)

Date Received By Consulate : (2007-03-16)

As Rob indirectly states... let us know when your filing the petition.... that determines the answer... but I agree with rob if you have not filed yet or recently filed...

Here is my timeline:

Here is my timeline....

wow, your case went FAST...

Guest Rob & Jin

As Rob indirectly states... let us know when your filing the petition.... that determines the answer... but I agree with rob if you have not filed yet or recently filed...

Here is my timeline:

I'm guessing that the year from received by NVC onwards is really 2008 :ok:

Guest Rob & Jin

Umm..... for your financials then, you are going to need a notarized letter from HR dept with start date, position and salary (yearly), pay stubs from when you started too.

Also you may want to think about a co-sponser.

Good luck :)

Umm..... for your financials then, you are going to need a notarized letter from HR dept with start date, position and salary (yearly), pay stubs from when you started too.

Also you may want to think about a co-sponser.

Good luck :)

It does not need to be Notarized, only form I-134 needs to be notarized.

I had my supervisor do an employer letter for me.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.

the employer doesn't need to be notarized as stated...

but I would do it purely for personal reasons on the following grounds:

1. It's a letter neither written nor signed by the USC

2. If the consulate has any question of the letter, the first thing they'll ask for is a notarized statement...

So the cost to notarize this, while your getting the I-134 notarized anyway seems worth the few dollars...

the employer doesn't need to be notarized as stated...

but I would do it purely for personal reasons on the following grounds:

1. It's a letter neither written nor signed by the USC

2. If the consulate has any question of the letter, the first thing they'll ask for is a notarized statement...

So the cost to notarize this, while your getting the I-134 notarized anyway seems worth the few dollars...

Thank you to all. Had my employer, who was more than willing to write me a letter and had it rushed delivered to me the same day by a personal courier. Wow, that was service. Anyways, my sister and brother-in-law called and said they would co-sponsor so I think I have everything I need. They make above the 100,000 so it should be impressive enough. Hope this all work out for us. Thanks for all your comments :D