OT--Learner's Drivers Permit Obtained

Just wanted to report that Li took her written test today for a restricted driver's license. She passed the test with a perfect score of 100. I am so proud of her. :rolleyes:

So this weekend the driving lessons begin in earnest. A friend of mine will do most of the teaching. This is due to the fact that Li has read many reports on 001 that state that it is better not to have the husband do the teaching. They will, however, use my car so I would expect that I will be in the back seat biting my nails the whole time. :o

Seriously, Li is very intelligent and a quick learner, so I anticipate that things will go smoothly. :)

Don't go along, Mick. Just have her added to your insurance as a licensed driver and let her go out to learn without you. I would say the gals are right, it is better not to learn from an immediate relative. Leads to too many hard feelings if you are as tough as you need to be to teach someone properly.

Li's English is excellent, I am sure that she will do just fine.

Don't go along, Mick.  Just have her added to your insurance as a licensed driver and let her go out to learn without you.  I would say the gals are right, it is better not to learn from an immediate relative.  Leads to too many hard feelings if you are as tough as you need to be to teach someone properly.

Li's English is excellent, I am sure that she will do just fine.

I have no doubt she will do well in learning to drive. I plan to take her to a big school parking lot first. There is one nearby and it is usually deserted after four in the afternoon. After that, my friend will take over for the actual road stuff. I am still undecided about going along though. We'll see... :angry:

OK. I'm confused.... Why the driver PERMIT instead of the LICENSE?

:angry:

yuhui took the written test, then took 6 hrs ( KS law ) with the driving school, then LICENSE.. et voila ! Pretty cheap too...

I guess the PERMIT is if you learn with non-certified driving instructors right?

Note: I noticed that Mick was TRYING to catch up, so I'm just trying to get my 14th blue thing... Don't mind me.. ;)

Very cool Mick!

my girl and i went to the local school parking lot every saturday and sunday for a couple of months. during that time she manually translated almost the entire colorado driver's manual... just so she could be sure to understand everything in it. she got her permit about amonth ago, and we have put in some regular time on the street now.

i know that i go a little over the top sometimes ("go! go! go!"), but i've found that she drives better if i say nothing at all! it's good fun though - especially that first time on the freeway...

PS: colorado has ONE test of 25 questions in chinese. but all manuals are in english.