Great news indeed King. I hope many of these clearances are Candle members and that those who have been waiting such a long time will finally see the dawn. :rolleyes:

and get through the eye of the needle. :o :)

Guest brian&ying

Hi all,

My wife also got her clearance. She was blackholed. Interview date was 11/12/02. From what she told me, it sounds like the black holes are finally getting some attention. She called GZ everyday. I mean every freakin day. They know who she is when they pick up the phone. Anyways, she thinks things are maybe getting better for black holed victims from talking to the GZ people.

Good luck to all. This site has been great.

An update about name check clearances, on Wednesday, 7/30, a number of clearances were acknowledged by the IV unit. I know of 14 that day. Some of them were from "black hole" period.

Hi, King

Tks for your note, I am one of the lucky one from the "black hole", god, I 've been out of sunshine from exactly 12 mths.

Hope more & more members aew with sunny faces now

Sally

Hi all,

My wife also got her clearance. She was blackholed. Interview date was 11/12/02. From what she told me, it sounds like the black holes are finally getting some attention. She called GZ everyday. I mean every freakin day. They know who she is when they pick up the phone. Anyways, she thinks things are maybe getting better for black holed victims from talking to the GZ people.

Good luck to all. This site has been great.

Great news indeed! Congratulations and Best Wishes. :(

Guest donho1116

hi King, I called the state department Friday, Aug 1, and the agent informed me that qingling's name clearance was complete, and it was cabled to the consulate in Guangzhou! She thought that it would take 2 weeks for her to recive her EMS, so we have fingers crossed! My NOA was 4/8/2002/. Her interview was December 11, 2002. It has now been 8 months from that time until now for the clearance to be complete. It was sad for her to see so many of her aquaintances recieve their visa after a short time of days, weeks or a couple of months after the interview. For all of those waitng in the same time frame as we have, hang in there, even our government agencies finally do something right and productive! donho

Don. Good to hear your news. I hope EMS gets there pronto.

Other news. The new Director of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (old INS) has declared his primary objective is to reduce the horrendous case backlogs at his agency. This will be good news, if it happens, for those who are just filing. GZ Consulate says that its IV unit will be processing many more case than what has been normal this and next month. One officer said they had about 3200 new clearance cases - if I heard him right.