red flags for the vo

hello to all. i was curious if anyone has a red flag list that possibly the vo looks for when deciding the case? the only red flag i'm aware of is third parties. i'm currently in the k-1 process and nervous after reading all the denial posts for seemingly no good reason.

Really it depends on the particular VO on a particular day but there are some that seem to raise more questions more often.

In no particular order:

-CCP membership, obviously. Can be overcome, especially if it can be shown that membership was a requirement of employment etc.

-Lack of any means of communication between the two. If they can demonstrate they can communicate it can be overcome.

-Women from a particular province raise the suspicion of GUZ because of a past pattern of fraud. Can't remember the province right now. I 'm sure someone else will mention it. Not always fair to women from there but little in the process is always "fair."

-Beneficiary financing the petitioner's trips to China.

-Petitioner having sponsored other beneficiaries in the recent past. This won't eliminate someone automatically, but they'll take a closer look at the petition.

-Lack of much physical evidence of a relationship. Pictures, receipts etc. This one is kinda obvious but some people still try to get by without it. Mostly people who haven't read Candle. :)

-Extensive contact with ex spouses.

Some other things that MAY raise flags but have been overcome by many are:

-huge age difference

-divorces

-short "courtship"

In and of themsleves these usually aren't deciding factors but can be considered in "close" cases where there may be questions about other things.

I"m sure others will disagree with some and/or come up with more. :D

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Dale, you'll find so much info that will put you at ease in David Z's FAQ'S . I think some red flags are even mentioned.

It's good that you are looking for red flags. A little fear is a healthy thing in that it will make you be diligent and ensure that you'll cross every "T" and dot every "i" as you prepare your paperwork and evidence.

This process is pretty much about LUCK. Every person you've seen who got the simple little interview and was given a visa could just as easily have gotten a blue or white slip. Just prepare the paperwork and evidence, say a prayer, and CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!! :coolthumb: It's that simple.

Some red flags:

Profile where your lady is from.

Profile your time of relationship.

Profile your, or her marriage, and or, either ones time of divorce to meeting each other

K visa quotas...you'll never see this admitted to.

TPI...as you've alluded to

Always remember this....

It's GUZ.

They have NO oversight by ANYONE

They make up their own rules

They have "the law" on their side

They don't get into trouble for denials to honest people

They make a mistake, it is YOUR tough luck

Your constitutional rights as an american citizen are non-existant with GUZ

And finally....NOBODY at GUZ cares!!! If they can use you lady's name as one of their claims of stopping a "fraudulent" person so they can get that lil' gold star by their name...who cares if she's innocent

tsap seui

hello to all. i was curious if anyone has a red flag list that possibly the vo looks for when deciding the case? the only red flag i'm aware of is third parties. i'm currently in the k-1 process and nervous after reading all the denial posts for seemingly no good reason.

Really it depends on the particular VO on a particular day but there are some that seem to raise more questions more often.

In no particular order:

-CCP membership, obviously. Can be overcome, especially if it can be shown that membership was a requirement of employment etc.

-Lack of any means of communication between the two. If they can demonstrate they can communicate it can be overcome.

-Women from a particular province raise the suspicion of GUZ because of a past pattern of fraud. Can't remember the province right now. I 'm sure someone else will mention it. Not always fair to women from there but little in the process is always "fair."

-Beneficiary financing the petitioner's trips to China.

-Petitioner having sponsored other beneficiaries in the recent past. This won't eliminate someone automatically, but they'll take a closer look at the petition.

-Lack of much physical evidence of a relationship. Pictures, receipts etc. This one is kinda obvious but some people still try to get by without it. Mostly people who haven't read Candle. :coolthumb:

-Extensive contact with ex spouses.

Some other things that MAY raise flags but have been overcome by many are:

-huge age difference

-divorces

-short "courtship"

In and of themsleves these usually aren't deciding factors but can be considered in "close" cases where there may be questions about other things.

I"m sure others will disagree with some and/or come up with more. :wub:

Fujian Province is what I think Dave was looking for?

Dale, you'll find so much info that will put you at ease in David Z's FAQ'S . I think some red flags are even mentioned.

It's good that you are looking for red flags. A little fear is a healthy thing in that it will make you be diligent and ensure that you'll cross every "T" and dot every "i" as you prepare your paperwork and evidence.

This process is pretty much about LUCK. Every person you've seen who got the simple little interview and was given a visa could just as easily have gotten a blue or white slip. Just prepare the paperwork and evidence, say a prayer, and CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!! :rolleyes: It's that simple.

Some red flags:

Profile where your lady is from.

Profile your time of relationship.

Profile your, or her marriage, and or, either ones time of divorce to meeting each other

K visa quotas...you'll never see this admitted to.

TPI...as you've alluded to

Always remember this....

It's GUZ.

They have NO oversight by ANYONE

They make up their own rules

They have "the law" on their side

They don't get into trouble for denials to honest people

They make a mistake, it is YOUR tough luck

Your constitutional rights as an american citizen are non-existant with GUZ

And finally....NOBODY at GUZ cares!!! If they can use you lady's name as one of their claims of stopping a "fraudulent" person so they can get that lil' gold star by their name...who cares if she's innocent

tsap seui

I can't really add much to this as this about covers it all! I can add one thing though, if there were any red flags issues that you were aware of before the filing of the K1 then they should have been addressed in the initial filing. Often times, people will bring evidence to the interview addressing any red flags issues that were thought of but more often than not, the VO will refuse to look at the evidence that she has. This is because their minds have been made up BEFORE the interview. Remember that the first thing GZ sees is the forwarded petition from the USCIS.

Good luck to you.

I have had nothing but luck and sucess from my side with GUZ and this whole process and I cant tell you any red flags but I can tell you what I had and was ready to show~

A binder FULL of pictures, from when we first mett when I was 18 years old till my most current trip to China (and the binder was full) we had pictures of us with our friends and his family when we visited China. Also when we went to Guangzhou we went and did lots of activities the 2 days before the interview, we went to the Zoo and to the water world type place and took a bunch of pictures. (Even thoug the VO didnt even ask for them)

Also we had some emails and acouple chats since we didnt often talk online but mostly by phone and text message, which I brought records of.

Also we included the ticket stubs of mine and our sons when we came to China for our sons first time and I also included the one I just came with to china.

And I made it in to a cute scrap book (which could be good since it shows you/SO put some work and love in to it)

and thats about it!

Good luck!

A nice list of comments so far...

I would add in:

- The need to be documentarily consistent; They will review all the paperwork and even could ask questions at the interview based on something... If you submittted something, she should know about it and be able to explain it.

- The need to know the USCs past... interview questions are usually perfunctory at best... but those involving the USC can carry some intent to see what the beneficiary knows (or doesn't know). Your SO should know your employment, where you live, any children and names, who they live with, how many times divorced, etc.

See the Interview FAQ where we have the "top 10" questions and other comments on the interview and preparation.