It might be a problem?

Hey everyone,

It might be a problem or might not be one, but I'm still worried.

The story is this, I came to the states with k1 and received my 2 yrs greencard in about 2 month after we applied for it, so it was pretty fast. When we applied for greencard we also applied i-765 which is the work premit. The problem is that the greencard came so fast and early I didn't get any approval for work premit before that.

Then I received my gc in mail. After a month or so , we got 2 same mails stating that : " After review, we have reopend the above applicatiob ( namely, i765, application for employment authorization), or reconsidered the decision previously issued. you will receive a notice under separarte cover once all action has been completed.

By now, it's been almost 8 month after receiving that mail. I haven't heard anything thing from them since. I start to worry, what would be the problem? I didn't receive any other letters regarding my greencard,tho. Does that mean my work premit was not approved? Does it have anything to do with my issued greencard at all?

Anyone had the same experience or anyone knows anything about thnis issue? Please advise. Thanks alot.

Edited by Aeris (see edit history)

Did I miss something?

Once you have your gc, you are already 'work authorized' - no EAD required ? At least that's how it used to be.

With the GC, you can go get the SSN, and yer set !

If you'll check yer prior thread over at

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=26049&hl=

You'll note that others have already said you DO NOT NEED an EAD / Work Permit with the

GC in hand.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Yes. I believe with greencard I can work without an actually work premit. However, since I sent in the application and they, at least, need to close the case in a notified way. in the mail, they did not say that since you have a greencard already, thus you don't need to be issued a workpremit. After all, they are two seperated applications.

Yes, in the previous post, I got response for not worring. But also, I was suggested to wait for the further letter they might send to me. HOwever, I haven't receive anything from them for 8 month, that's why I start to worry again. Maybe I should stop waiting and contact them to weed out the possible problem.

by the way, are those girls in your avator your daughter? they are very adorable. me and my husband just had our fist baby girl 2 month ago.

best.