Hey Kids,

A few of you will remember me as one of the very angry old "black-holers" from way back. My wife arrived March 8, after over 21 months of red tape. We were married that day IN Denver International Airport.

Life has been sweet, and I hardly remember the tough times now. It's hard to believe all this was almost FIVE MONTHS ago!

Now we want to start the paperwork to bring my wife's 14 year-old daughter over as well... I've searched the websites, but can not find specific information for this process.

On 001 we are told we can submit a packet right to the GZ Embasy, and have her here before March 8, '04. Other sources tell us we need to start with INS here in the US, and to expect 14+ months of processing.

I know a while back, a few members were in this process with their spouse's children. Any insite will be greatly appreciated.

Very Best to All,

Jon

In Denver

Unless the rules recently changed, you do have up to a year for the daughter to utilize K-2 status. Your lucky, she is young enough to do so. Our two and a half year process resulted in my wife's daughter "aging out". (Over 21) Must be under 18 at the time the petition is filed and under 21 at the time the actual immigration occurs.

Given the limited time frame, I would say that it is one of the few times that a lawyer might be worth the money. A mistake in the process could cost her the right to follow her mother.

Will her natural father object to letting her emmigrate? I have heard of cases where the Chinese government refused permission to emmigrate based on objections of family members in China.

Hi Jon,

My wife and I are also trying to bring her daughter over as a follower. I faxed a letter to Guangzhou requesting they send whatever paperwork to the daughter. Less than a week later the daughter received what I believe may be similar to Packet 3. Guangzhou requested further information that was also sent. No further word has been received to date. I'm about to start my barrage of emails to Guangzhou to see if we can get moving on this thing as her year will be up in December.

If you would like a copy of what I sent, send me a private email.

below is the e-mail we got back from GZ today:

> According to our records, there is no indication that a follow-to-join

> case should have been created for the child in question at the time when

> your (now) wife received her visa.

>

> Since the issuance of the visa, the IV Unit no longer has the paper

> petition among its files. If you can demonstrate that your wife's child

> was on the original I-129F petition at the time the petition was submitted

> to the INS, we will set up a new case for the child.

>

> If this evidence is not available, you will have to file a CR2 petition

> for the child.

would my wife's daughter's name on line B.14 be the "evidence" he needs? or should there have been a separate K2 along with it?