Preparing documents for the Interview

I'm still not 100% sure what documents will the VO requires to see the originals instead of photocopies, especially for those that will be furnished by the petitioner in the US.

The list that I can think of includes:

Employment letter

Pay stub for the last 3 months

Bank letter(s)

Bank statements for the last 3 months

Tax returns for the last 3 years

phone records

letter stating our relationship (notarized)

I'm still not 100% sure what documents will the VO requires to see the originals instead of photocopies, especially for those that will be furnished by the petitioner in the US.

Employment letter

Bank letter(s)

phone records

For the items you listed I gave them the originals because I can obtain them again. I kept copies for myself. I'm not sure if it made a difference.

Guest Rob & Jin

The list is quite comprehensive but some doesn't said the requirement is for original or copies acceptable, e.g tax returns for the past 3 years. I would tend to believe photocopies are acceptable for tax returns.

Transcipts obtained directly from the IRS are even better, they are free, will take around 10 days to get. Go to IRS.gov order them online.

Employment letter

Bank letter(s)

phone records

Hey Pete, relax and you will do fine.........

We had originals of the employment letter, pay stubs, banl letter, and had gotten IRS transcripts for free in about 2 weeks time.

The letter from bank is enough, deposit stuff opens you up for too many questions!!

Phone records, we did not get asked for them we had stacks of yahoo and MSN e-mails, and we had talked on MSN often. The VO barely looked at our 134 or e-mails??

Letter of relationship is usually for over come appointments, never asked for, but she did have one just in case!!! :toot: :toot: :cheering: ;)

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :cheering:

The list is quite comprehensive but some doesn't said the requirement is for original or copies acceptable, e.g tax returns for the past 3 years. I would tend to believe photocopies are acceptable for tax returns.

Transcipts obtained directly from the IRS are even better, they are free, will take around 10 days to get. Go to IRS.gov order them online.

I've sent my request over the phone, and through snail mail. Never recieved a thing! Whats the trick? its been over a month now, not too worried my self because I have a 6 month wait here but still...

If I requeste the transcipts thru IRS, I won't be able to get that for tax year 2007 as I have yet to file for the 2007-1040.

Here are what I'm planning to have. Let me know if they look ok or am I missing anything

- Tax returns from 2005-2007 (copies)

- Bank letter (original & notarized)

- Bank statements from the most recent 3 months (copies)

- Employment letter (original)

- Pay stubs from the most recent 3 months (copies)

- Letter stating our relationship and intention for marriage (original & notarized)

- Telephone records for the most recent 3 months (copies)

- plus evidence showing my recent visits to China, which includes copy of visa stamps on my passport, receipts for hotels, shopping & etc. And obviously the pictures of ourselves together.

Guest Rob & Jin

If I requeste the transcipts thru IRS, I won't be able to get that for tax year 2007 as I have yet to file for the 2007-1040.

Here are what I'm planning to have. Let me know if they look ok or am I missing anything

- Letter stating our relationship and intention for marriage (original & notarized)

- plus evidence showing my recent visits to China, which includes copy of visa stamps on my passport, receipts for hotels, shopping & etc. And obviously the pictures of ourselves together.

You can use your 1040+w2 for the 2007 taxes, i doubt your interview will be before filling deadline next month.

I've sent my request over the phone, and through snail mail. Never recieved a thing! Whats the trick? its been over a month now, not too worried my self because I have a 6 month wait here but still...

Call again, we never had a problem!! You did file your taxes last year?? B)

Hey Pete, a few of those items I would leave out, read my original answer to you. If want anything specific just PM me!!

Mark and feng!! B)

Hey Pete, a few of those items I would leave out, read my original answer to you. If want anything specific just PM me!!

Mark and feng!! B)

>..... a few of those items I would leave out .....

I would have them ready on hand just in case. Just because we have them ready doesn't mean my fiancee will voluntarily show it to the VO. But in case the VO did ask for it, she will have them.

And as far as originals vs. copies is concerned, I do believe my list above should be fine.