Last few questions about AOS

Hi everyone. We are just about to mail out the AOS package. But, I thought I'd double check just a few things that were less than clear.

1. On the I-864, I'm supposed to check the first box in part one, right? It says:

"This I-864 is from:

I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative."

2. What is the required number of passport photos for the whole package? I was figuring it was six. Two for the I-485, two for the EAD, two for the AP. Is that right?

3.What about notarizations this time around? I got the I-864 (mine) and the I-864a(household member) forms notarized. Does anything else require notarization?

4. And lastly, am I correct that there is no need to include the police clearance certificate that we got for the K-1 visa. It seems like we never even used that.

Thanks for the help.

Hi everyone. We are just about to mail out the AOS package. But, I thought I'd double check just a few things that were less than clear.

1. On the I-864, I'm supposed to check the first box in part one, right? It says:

"This I-864 is from:

I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative."

2. What is the required number of passport photos for the whole package? I was figuring it was six. Two for the I-485, two for the EAD, two for the AP. Is that right?

3.What about notarizations this time around? I got the I-864 (mine) and the I-864a(household member) forms notarized. Does anything else require notarization?

4. And lastly, am I correct that there is no need to include the police clearance certificate that we got for the K-1 visa. It seems like we never even used that.

Thanks for the help.

1. Correct.

2. 6 sounds right. 2 for each application.

3. They changed the form I-864. It no longer needs to be notorized.

Also I don't think any other forms require notarization.

4. Correct. The police clearance was for our embassy in China. They are no longer concerned about this. You should have turned it in at the medical where they placed it into the packet for the consulate. USCIS will request an FBI background check. This is to make sure no problem have arisen since entry into the US.

So sounds like you have everything. Mail it off and wait is the next step.

1) YES

2) YES 2 for each (I-485,I-765,I-131) total 6 passport pics.

3) NO No notarization required for I-864 or I-864EZ, and nothing else either.

4) NO police report needed.

We used VJ's AOS guide.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

NOTE: Send plain photo copies of all evidence like marriage cert, I-94, I-129F NOA2 letter, etc...

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:
  • Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD