help: I 751 child

Dear all:

I am filling out my I-751 form for myself. My mother is married to a U.S. Citizen, but I am not.

I ran into a problem under Part 2. Basis for petition. (Check one.)

a. My conditional residence is based on my marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and we are filing this petition together.

b. I am a child who entered as a conditional permanent resident and I am unable to be included in a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of are alien's permanent residence (Form 1-751) filed by my parent(s).

I wonder should I check a or b?

Since I am a child who is filing the I-751 with my mother.

I also want to know what is the fee for both of us filing together?

Thank you very much for any information.

Best regards.

Jiaomin

Edited by notrevorich (see edit history)

Removing Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage

Okay, I found this

If you are a child filing separately from your parents to remove the conditions on your permanent residence, you must submit the following:

* USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)

* Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)

* A written explanation of why you are filing separately from your parents, and any supporting documentation.

I think the written explanation would have to suffice, instead of checking either of the two boxes, since neither applies to your circumstances.

You check "B" if you are filing the I-751 separately from your parent. The reason many have to file separately is because they followed to join and got their green-card more than 90 days after their parent.

If you received your green-card at the same time or within 90 days of your mother, you do not have to file an I-751, you will be included in your mother's I-751, the only extra fee will be $80 for your biometric.

A good thread on this came up the other day.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30106

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Okay, I found this

If you are a child filing separately from your parents to remove the conditions on your permanent residence, you must submit the following:

* A written explanation of why you are filing separately from your parents, and any supporting documentation.

I think the written explanation would have to suffice, instead of checking either of the two boxes, since neither applies to your circumstances.

I am not filing separately. I am filing with my mother and step father.

Do you know what is the fees for both of us to apply at the same time?

Thank you.

Okay, I found this

Thank you.

I believe you're simply listed in Part V of your mother's petition, with only an additional $80 biometrics fee. Check Dan's link.

Okay, I found this

Thank you.

Your mother and Stepfather are filing Jointly and living together, so in Part 2 Item A should be marked. You will be included in Part 5.

The fee for filing this way is $465 for the I-751 and $160 for 2 biometrics fees, a total of $625.

a. My conditional residence is based on my marriage . . .

:D I am a child who entered as a conditional permanent resident . . .

Sounds like the answer to this question won't make any difference since neither really works

Correct, parents will be checking (a ) and the OP will just be included on that I-751.